Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from VPSSlim/HostSlim - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from VPSSlim/HostSlim

2»

Comments

• i am 1 of their client and now i leave this host coz i see their do very oversold
    their do many promotion yes that cheap just for take many client how long their run bussines and only offer that plan with same server lol

Not recommended

• PinoyPinoy Member

I once got a vps from them (maybe a year or 2 years ago) I cancelled it immediately since they do not know how to enable tun/tap. I never got a refund but the VPS was not terminated for almost a year. Maybe they forgot to cancel the service. But I never used the server anyway :)

• @jcaleb look up. Hehe new fella? :D

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Simple3x said: @jcaleb look up. Hehe new fella? :D

Maybe

• marcmmarcm Member

@Freek How long did it take you to do that TL;DR writeup about your uber horror experience?

• FreekFreek Member

@marcm said: @Freek How long did it take you to do that TL;DR writeup about your uber horror experience?

What TL;DR do you mean? My 'Anyway' ?

• Here's my TL;DR: I was provisioned on an E3 with 600 other people and Ralph refuses to try an SSD cache

• marcmmarcm Member

@BronzeByte said: Here's my TL;DR: I was provisioned on an E3 with 600 other people and Ralph refuses to try an SSD cache

@BronzeByte - Short and to the point, I like it ;-)

@Freek said: What TL;DR do you mean? My 'Anyway' ?

@Freek - How long did it take you to write the OP? I hope that my question is easy enough to understand.

• Get one last year,after 15mins I cancelled the service and request a refund,but never get my money back !

• snelwegsnelweg Member

I was with them for less then a month, what a bunch of w*nkers there. They are rude and do not know their business. Glad I left.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

There are probably better providers in NL :3

• FreekFreek Member

@marcm said: @Freek - How long did it take you to write the OP? I hope that my question is easy enough to understand.

Oh sorry Marc, I didn't now that by TL;DR you meant my complete OP.. Jeesh.

• marcmmarcm Member

@Freek said: Oh sorry Marc, I didn't now that by TL;DR you meant my complete OP.. Jeesh.

@Freek - No problemo. So, how long did it take you to write it?

• BBTNBBTN Member

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/simfs 93G 1.9G 45G 5% /

• FreekFreek Member
    edited May 2013

Looks totally fine to me ;)
    @BBTN Run this for fun:

fallocate -l 90G gimme.img
  • As others have said, their offers are not worth a penny. I tried them in March. The first day everything was fine. Then the server becomes slow. I gave up when I did not have access to it more than 48 hours.

• well i wouldn't mind testing it if anyone wants to swap servers for a week or two. i got an interserver openvz 376mb idling, sub runs out on 5 jun if anyone wants to play with it. i was going to buy a vpsslim as it looked like a good deal for 10euro NL location.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited May 2013

i was going to buy a vpsslim as it looked like a good deal for 10euro NL location.

It's not a good deal if it is unusable. For 10 euros (or less) in NL you can get very reliable providers like Iniz (SSD or their new megaram openvz.io brand), CloudVPS (1GB RAM but only 200GB traffic/20GB HD), Versio.nl (1GB RAM, 100GB HD, 2TB transfer), Digital Ocean, LeaseWeb, TransIP, Tilaa, HostInEuro, Dediserv, and many others

• @DomainBop: The offer I saw was 10 pounds (12 euro) /year - think it was 256 VZ - sorrry for any confusion

• PatrickPatrick Member

@asterisk14 said:
    DomainBop: The offer I saw was 10 pounds (12 euro) /year - think it was 256 VZ - sorrry for any confusion

128 I believe.

We have some yearly plans if you want in NL, http://iniz.com/yearly-vps.html

• Hi there,
    I rake up this thread to let all you know what happened to me with HostSlim:
    Where I can start, lets see:
    Initially they tried to scam me, trying to take advantage from a issue in their shopping Cart.
    **Basically, I bought some VPS from them thinking that it was priced yearly, as it was claimed on the Invoices.

After all my payments (bought 25 VPS) and when money was in their pocket, they told me:
    "Are you aware that the price is monthly and not per year ? there's a issue in our shop..."**
    After that I've asked for refund, they always refused to give me the refund. We deal for 1 months and after I let something go from what I supposed to have in my services, I've accepted what they offered, and I supposed we had a deal.
    To make story shorter, it took more then 2 months to have all my 25 VPS working !!!!
    I had to send tons of emails to get it fixed and they always say: 'Now should be fine" and it was still as it was, every time...
    I had a lot of other problems with them,and their unreliable service, once with a payment issue that they didn't help me to solve, and after 1 months they asked a Financial agency to get money on behalf of them because I didn't pay !!! But actually I sent emails to ask if they could help me with my cart issue because I could sent payment !!!! And they just didn't reply !!!
    So I also had to pay $100 more to pay the financial agency expenses !!!
    I have paid for one year service, but after all this problems, I asked to terminate all my 25 VPS and get a refund for the remaining months.
    THEY TOLD ME THAT, ACCORDING TO DUTCH LAW, THEY CANNOT TERMINATE MY SERVICE SINCE HAS BEEN PAID ALREADY FOR A YEAR !!!!! Believe me, that's what they told me !!!!
    Because if they don't terminate my services, they don't have to give me the refund !!!!
    ACCORDING TO HOSTSLIM, I CANNOT ASK THEM TO TERMINATE MY VPS !!!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!

_I've asked THIS 10-20 times, but they are not replying to my emails anymore. _
    They are just ignoring me.... They haven't replied in the last 3 weeks !!!
    So customer, please, be aware of the problems you will have if you get hosted from HostSlim.eu
    They are not reliable and they are not honest !!!! They will try to scam you !!
    They will try to scam you in any way..
    I have all the emails and conversation regarding what I said, so I can prove it if you need more information..
    I had other hosting providers and no one problem !!! But HostSlim has been the worst experience I've never had...
    Now I have to get the help of a Consumer association's lawyers to get my money back !!!!
    PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM HOSTSLIM.EU !!!!!!