Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any news from nodion? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any news from nodion?

Comments

• @nik Why can't I manage my VPS I bought from you? Can I get a refund?

• Reminds me to search + destroy the PayPal subscription, if any. (now that hetzner has decent filtering)

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@lurch said:
    Monthly update @nik ?

Racked the first servers in one of the new locations some days ago. We are close.

@jiggawattz said:
    @nik Why can't I manage my VPS I bought from you? Can I get a refund?

Because our old control panel suddenly stopped working like it should be and we are replacing it by rewriting a new panel from scratch, which is finished now and will be released soon.

@jiggawattz said:
    @nik Why can't I manage my VPS I bought from you? Can I get a refund?

Since your VM is running and we can do everything for you manually (even setting up VNC), I don't see any reason that is refund-worthy, but if you want a refund I can give you a pro-rata one. Contact us via email.

@vimalware said:
    Reminds me to search + destroy the PayPal subscription, if any. (now that hetzner has decent filtering)

You can destroy your PayPal subscription, if you are interested after our relaunch you have to link it again anyways, since we don't use the same billing system as the previous panel.

Thanked by 2cez uptime
  • @nik 4 months on are you close yet? Black Friday?

Thanked by 1casualjoe
  • Any news from @nik about the new control panel. Would loved to see some Blackfriday / Cybermonday deals on Nodion.

Their servers seem great (from my own experience), but the lack of a control panel for many months now, its really a problem to manage and track the VM.

Hope they release their control panel soon... or just go with a WHMCS or Blesta.

If they don't release it soon I will just let my plans expire and I think many other people will do the same...

• Did you even click on his name and read his last comment? Seriously, he said this yesterday.

• @WSS said:
    Did you even click on his name and read his last comment? Seriously, he said this yesterday.

Ok, thanks

• Hi @nik

Any update on the new control panel release?

• WSSWSS Member

@nqservices said:
    Hi @nik

That Saturday, he responded. I haven't seen him since. It really is a shame because I know the effort being put into this, and his product was great when I could use it, but that's been over a fucking year ago.

• @WSS said:

@nqservices said:
    Hi @nik

That Saturday, he responded. I haven't seen him since. It really is a shame because I know the effort being put into this, and his product was great when I could use it, but that's been over a fucking year ago.

I agree. The VPS I have with them as been great in terms of uptime.. but the lack of control panel makes it impossible to use them. Really hope to see updates soon.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @nik said:
    Overslept, maybe on purpose ;-) Panel is ready, waiting for the last servers and than some more testing, ETA is this year for sure! FINALLY.

Did you mean 2017 or a year in time?

• Oh their site is currently 404

edited January 2018

@lurch said:
    Oh their site is currently 404

New panel is online for some days now, we havn't announced anything yet as we are testing the last things, but it's useable. You probably see the 404 because you try to use the URLs of the old VirtKick panel, please go through the website and than on the top right on Sign up / Log In

There will be an email to all customers within the next 48h on how we will proceed.

@WSS said:

@nqservices said:
    Hi @nik

I am here and the panel is online as promised ;) -- We just havn't announced anything officially yet.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @nik thats great website is working was using https://www.nodion.com/en/, when i try and login i get

1 error prohibited this user from being saved:
    Email not found

Do I need to resign up and get you to assign server to account?

@lurch said:
    @nik thats great website is working was using https://www.nodion.com/en/, when i try and login i get

1 error prohibited this user from being saved:
    Email not found

Do I need to resign up and get you to assign server to account?

Ah, ye, we have removed the german translation for now so it's only available without /en/ or /de/ and there is no redirect yet.

All accounts have to be created again, apart from the fact that we never received a VirtShit database dump (even though we were promised) this also has the reason that our own anti-fraud system is now in place, which was a big problem with Virtkick, so we can check every customer again and make sure everything is alright.

• wow - congratulations @nik and Nodion developers. I think you win the "patience rewarded" award for whatever year this is now ;^)

"If this stuff was easy, It would be a lot easier to do!" - Ken M.

• WSSWSS Member

@nik Your system doesn't like my phone number, and your PayPal subscription agreement passthrough is literally 'Your agreement description'

Now what?

• Yeah, adding paypal seems to be broken. Clicking agree simply forwards me to the paypal website, never actually finishing the whole agreement.

• WSSWSS Member

..after that, it shits on the phonescreen.

• @nik any deals ? 10 eur/yr, 12 eur/yr ?

• WSSWSS Member

@JoeMerit said:
    @nik any deals ? 10 eur/yr, 12 eur/yr ?

Nope. :(

• msnmsn Member

news is: my 15€/year service gets canceled, cheapest service ist 60€/year. I guess i have to switch.

• is that the case with all the cheap plans? exploit LET to grow your business and then dump us off.

• @msn said:
    news is: my 15€/year service gets canceled, cheapest service ist 60€/year. I guess i have to switch.

I think is reasonable and fair that Nodion keeps their active current plans (including the LET promos) for their active clients. Myself have a LET plan with them so is my expectation that my plan can remain active with the same price.

I also expect and would be great for Nodion to release a promotion at least for their active clients like me that trusted and wait all this months for the control panel. I mean we where unable to manage and use the vps.. So I hope active clients trust and loyalty can be rewarded! ;)

• WSSWSS Member

@nqservices said:
    I think is reasonable and fair that Nodion keeps their active current plans (including the LET promos) for their active clients. Myself have a LET plan with them so is my expectation that my plan can remain active with the same price.

It's not happening. Due to good graces, @nik has offered a proposal to me which isn't crazy, but also doesn't fit my needs. I do hope Nodion luck with their future, and that they might return to LET pricing again every so often.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

FWIW, the NetCup #2/mo semi-comparable VPS are still available if you prepay for a year. If you use voucher 36nc15152588059, you'll get #5 off (and if you keep it, I'll get a couple bucks off for mine).

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:

@nqservices said:

It's not happening.

Really hope not. Because myself have been an active client even without the control panel and for now they cancell my current plan, after all the wait and trust deposit on them, will be very sad. For me a least will loose all my trust and not host with them again.

So really hope not.. so I will wait for an official statment from @nodion @nik to their active clients.

Final Note: LET providers must really stop offering lifetime/recurring promotions and then end them after 1 year. This has happen to me in the past with some providers here, so I hope Nodion not join that group.

• WSSWSS Member

@nqservices said:
    Final Note: LET providers must really stop offering lifetime/recurring promotions and then end them after 1 year. This has happen to me in the past with some providers here, so I hope Nodion not join that group.

That's just part of the game. Offering something below/at expense, and then getting rid of it. VirtKick really fucked Nodion, and they've paid for over a year of developing their own panel, so it's not like just another WHMCS host which can't pay the $50 to stay online..

There are no #10 deals.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @WSS said:
    That's just part of the game.

I understand his point.

Some LET folks actually do use the VPS (like running a website on it as I do).

It's not a big deal to find another hoster (I won't stay with Nodion). However, migration requires some time. Also, the one week Nodion gives us is not really a lot of time if you have other things on your agenda.

It appears to be somewhat a 'game' here to find a cheap VPS and let it idle. However, I think providers should do the math whether an offer is sustainable beyond the first term before they post...

I would not have mind to pay a bit more for the Nodion service I have since the quality has beeen alright but I just don't like the way this came down.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • lurchlurch Member
    edited January 2018

Take out service and wanted to take out more. Wait an eternity for panel then told to go away, so much for customer loyalty. Shame as was very stable for me.