Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nixstats out of beta :( - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

nixstats out of beta :(

2»

Comments

• Nixstats is pretty awesome. In the past 6-7 months I have been using it, I can easily see the effort put in by @vfuse to make the product more awesome (particularly love the Weekly stats email).

For now, I haven't upgraded as all I was monitoring are my Idle VPSes and hardly used blogs. If this changes, I would gladly pay for the upgrade.

PS: Wondering how Vincent came up with the 6.95 number (LET influenced?)

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • WSSWSS Member

@brueggus said:
    SNMP over UDP + NAT VPS works without any issues.

That's only outgoing, though, right? Like I said, any ping-back monitors will probably have issues/need ports altered/et al.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@vfuse said:
    I tried to make a price that would work for most people. I understand that it's too much for some, that's why we have the Free plan.

We just released an update with RabbitMQ, Redis as well as Exim mail queue monitoring. If there's anything else you're interested in monitoring let me know. Our system is set up to monitor anything you push to our API. We've had some interesting requests already, printer ink level monitoring for example.

We also have a whitelabeled WHMCS reseller module (monitoring.yourcompany.com), let me know if you're interested in giving it a try.

Very exciting. Keep it up Vince!

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

WSS said: That's only outgoing, though, right?

Nope, both directions.

I think all those guys running OpenVPN on their NAT Boxes connect via UDP by default, don't they?

• WSSWSS Member

brueggus said:
    I think all those guys running OpenVPN on their NAT Boxes connect via UDP by default, don't they?

Within their predefined port range? Most likely.

• imokimok Member
    edited January 2018

Nixstats is very helpful, unfortunately I can't pay $7/m to monitor a total of $6/m servers. I'll stay with HetrixTools and Nodequery :D

I wish the best to the people of Nixstats :)

• Haven't been using nixstat since many months. Anyways, tested couple of solutions and usability of icinga2 + web seems best among all solutions. Anyone using it in production?

• AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited January 2018

Seems I found a bug/workaround to allow me to still monitor all the things I monitored during beta, likely to also work with new additions although I'm out of cheap vps' to give it a go - feeling pretty good about myself :)

• PeachBlossomPeachBlossom Member
    edited January 2018

@Amplificator said:
    Seems I found a bug/workaround to allow me to still monitor all the things I monitored during beta, likely to also work with new additions although I'm out of cheap vps' to give it a go - feeling pretty good about myself :)

Why would you feel good about yourself for taking advantage of a bug? ( if that was really the case )

Also... you do realize that the owner of nixstats ( vfuse ) actively visit this forum, right?

Thanked by 1vfuse
    edited January 2018

@PeachBlossom said:

@Amplificator said:

Why would you feel good about yourself for taking advantage of a bug? ( if that was really the case )

Also... you do realize that the owner of nixstats ( vfuse ) actively visit this forum, right?

So by me stating that I found the bug you are assuming that I'm actively abusing it; can you prove any of your outrageous assumptions?

• @Amplificator said:

@PeachBlossom said:

@Amplificator said:

If you really found a ' bug ', you're supposed to report it to the owner of nixstats instead of taking advantage of it.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@Amplificator said:

This is not really a bug, we're well aware that you're still having those features.

We noticed some users still needed a couple of days to activate their subscription so we'll still allow this for the next couple days.

I'm glad I made you good about yourself tho ;)

Thanked by 1PeachBlossom
  • @vfuse said:

@Amplificator said:

This is not really a bug, we're well aware that you're still having those features.

We noticed some users still needed a couple of days to activate their subscription so we'll still allow this for the next couple days.

I'm glad I made you good about yourself tho ;)

Don't take this away from me!!

Be glad to explain it to you in a PM though, as some parts of the interface allows monitoring and others (main page) don't.

• @PeachBlossom said:

@Amplificator said:

@PeachBlossom said:

@Amplificator said:

If you really found a ' bug ', you're supposed to report it to the owner of nixstats instead of taking advantage of it.

I just did, but thanks for your assumptions though.

• SvenSven Member
    edited January 2018

Be glad to explain it to you in a PM though, as some parts of the interface allows monitoring and others (main page) don't.

For Origin

! 17.1.2018, 21:20:59 https://nixstats.com/dashboard/servers
    nixstats.com##.upgrade-servers

! 17.1.2018, 21:21:22 https://nixstats.com/server/595752ea72c9ea1f7a8b4567/overview
    nixstats.com##.upgrade-now

! 17.1.2018, 21:21:27 https://nixstats.com/server/595752ea72c9ea1f7a8b4567/overview
    nixstats.com##.server-upgrade-cont

You can still the bars of your server on the site: https://nixstats.com/dashboard/servers

• Amplificator said: feeling pretty good about myself

@PeachBlossom I'm not certain but he might have meant to be feeling good about finding a bug, ( kinda feeling of hackerman )

We all go through it I guess

• @jetchirag said:

Amplificator said: feeling pretty good about myself

@PeachBlossom I'm not certain but he might have meant to be feeling good about finding a bug, ( kinda feeling of hackerman )

We all go through it I guess

Did you get that from my excessive punctuation? :P

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited January 2018

@Amplificator said:

@Amplificator said:
    I found a bug/workaround to allow me to still monitor all the things I monitored during beta

@Amplificator said:
    I'm out of cheap vps' to give it a go

@Amplificator said:

Doesn't seem like an assumption

Thanked by 1PeachBlossom
    edited January 2018

@iKeyZ said:

@Amplificator said:

@Amplificator said:
    I found a bug/workaround to allow me to still monitor all the things I monitored during beta

@Amplificator said:
    I'm out of cheap vps' to give it a go

@Amplificator said:

Doesn't seem like an assumption

Since I already PM'ed vfuse about it it was, apparently.. but thanks for your input :)

And what I "found" was different than @Sven above, but @vfuse explained it nicely on how he intends to have it fixed so all is well.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Again on the dashboard we've implemented the option to check if a server/monitor is "active", if it's not it will display a message asking to upgrade.

On the API we've not implemented this yet since a couple of users have asked for a couple extra days to upgrade their subscriptions. So the API does not (yet) check if a server is active/disabled, once that's enabled you won't see any of the data anymore since it won't be stored anymore.

We just didn't want to leave anyone in the dark in the meantime :)

• @WSS said:

@MeMyselfandLinux said:
    is it possible to run librenms in LES / NAT box ??

Using a no-SLA service to monitor your services is a great plan. Right up there with self-dentistry.

Nothing a pair of pliers can’t do!