Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXcore moving out of low end VPS market - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXcore moving out of low end VPS market

2»

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    @spammy I think you're being over sensitive :) and yes IPXcore is an awesome brand, or at least when I used them YEARS ago when Damien was there.

Just me ranting I guess :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

spammy said: Budget VPS services are being discontinued due to the continuously rising cost of IPv4 addresses.

spammy said: it is equivalent to a 150% price increase, with no apparent reasons

It pretty clearly says it is related to IPv4 costs.

Thanked by 2Nekki doughmanes
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@KuJoe said:
    @spammy the term "Low End" never had anything to do with price, it was about specs. LEA did have a set price limit, but it was always about doing more with less which this site has definitely gotten away from. That being said, by LEA's definition $30/year is still in the LEB price range so your title is still wrong.

Man I miss those times. We'd do everything to host WP in like 64MB RAM, which was very possible back then. Nowadays I'd love to do the same using a very, very small VPS.

Thanked by 1spammy
    edited January 2018

Neoon said: Hahaha, the price does not say it will deadpool, look at XVMlabs, Virmach, fake news.

You'd think they profit from those 10USD/y plans... Fake news, right. Sorry, I don't know much about this industry.
    How do they profit? I'd love to know how, always willing to learn.

• @MikePT said:

@KuJoe said:
    @spammy the term "Low End" never had anything to do with price, it was about specs. LEA did have a set price limit, but it was always about doing more with less which this site has definitely gotten away from. That being said, by LEA's definition $30/year is still in the LEB price range so your title is still wrong.

Man I miss those times. We'd do everything to host WP in like 64MB RAM, which was very possible back then. Nowadays I'd love to do the same using a very, very small VPS.

I still host a DokuWiki instance on a 64MB VPS. Sadly, they’re quite hard to come by these days, folks just don’t want to sell them.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • The definition of pricing isn't adjusted for inflation!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

@KuJoe said:

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

@KuJoe said:

I still host a DokuWiki instance on a 64MB VPS. Sadly, they’re quite hard to come by these days, folks just don’t want to sell them.

I can do a special 64MB package for you in all locations ... :)

• @mikho said:

With a dedicated IPv4?

edited January 2018

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

With a dedicated IPv4?

if that is a requirement, I could do it in most locations.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • What they could have done I guess is bill yearly so $12/year instead of $1/month.

$1/month is just stupid due to PayPal's fees. They charge a fixed, variable, and cross border fee.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

With a dedicated IPv4?

I could potential use some little boxes in Atlanta, Milan, Sofia and Sandefjord.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2018

@doughmanes said:
    I hate to break you the news but a business doesn't have to explain everything to the customer which leaves some feeling this way.

I don't think it needs any explanation anyway. Anyone with an ounce of functioning brain should be able to tell that the deal was unsustainable and they decided to cut the tie before taking further losses.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

@KuJoe said:

It's basically because the cost of IPs. Our 64MB plan still sells, but for $3 more a year you can get double the RAM. We can't sell a 64MB plan at half the price because ARIN dropped the ball and gave out IPs like candy so now we're stuck with the IPs we have and can't afford to sell the IPs at $7 a year anymore. Hell, I can sell a 32MB plan if people want it, just don't expect it to be 1/2 the price of a 64MB plan.

Thanked by 2MikePT Nekki

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

With a dedicated IPv4?

I could potential use some little boxes in Atlanta, Milan, Sofia and Sandefjord.

Don’t have Atlanta, Milan is @AnthonySmith.
    Sofia I can do.
    Sandefjord - nedd to check the IP price before I promise anything.

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited January 2018

@Nekki said:

@MikePT said:

@KuJoe said:

I would happily take the chance to host a random wiki as well, and strip down a KVM VPS to get it to run there. That, is a challenge. And that was a funny way to occupy my time back then. Nowadays we got so many resources that everything simply loads.
    Unless you get jekins on it, or confluence lol.
    Or java-based shit.

KuJoe said: It's basically because the cost of IPs. Our 64MB plan still sells, but for $3 more a year you can get double the RAM. We can't sell a 64MB plan at half the price because ARIN dropped the ball and gave out IPs like candy so now we're stuck with the IPs we have and can't afford to sell the IPs at $7 a year anymore. Hell, I can sell a 32MB plan if people want it, just don't expect it to be 1/2 the price of a 64MB plan.

Of course, that makes sense, not only hw costs money, as do IP's / ARIN membership / future subnet acquisitions.

@mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

With a dedicated IPv4?

Sofia I can do.

Pricing in Sofia?

@MikePT said:

Pricing in Sofia?

Yet to be decided :)

For a 64mb ram, ?mb disk ... probably somewhere around $5-10/year.

Limited edition that is.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@mikho said:

@MikePT said:

Pricing in Sofia?

Yet to be decided :)

For a 64mb ram, ?mb disk ... probably somewhere around $5-10/year.

Limited edition that is.

$5 USD and I'm in. :>

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@mikho Who's the provider in Sofia?

• WSSWSS Member

@Mikho charge @MikePT a PITA fee of $2.95/mo.

Thanked by 2mikho MikePT

@WSS said:

Adding ”cheap” invoice fee on top of that.

Thanked by 1WSS

@WSS said:

No way! TOO EXPENSIVE.

@mikho said:

@WSS said:

Adding ”cheap” invoice fee on top of that.

Can even be the logo.

• @mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

With a dedicated IPv4?

Sofia I can do.

Atlanta isn’t a big deal, I can get that from @KuJoe.

Let me know about the rest.

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

@Nekki said:

@mikho said:

With a dedicated IPv4?

Sofia I can do.

Atlanta isn’t a big deal, I can get that from @KuJoe.

Let me know about the rest.

Got a reply about IP in Sandefjord, $2/month for the IP. add some change in the payment fees and I'm not really sure if it's worth it to create a 64mb server in NO?. I'm thinking like $30/year, for that price I would add more you more resources.

Sofia - I'll price match the 64mb package from Securedragon. $12/year.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

I had one of their 50 cent/month 32mb openvz's for years, across several data center moves. It always worked great and they never hassled me about renewing even though they must have been losing or almost losing money on the ipv4 alone. I finally took pity and cancelled.

Thanked by 1mikho

@willie said:
    I had one of their 50 cent/month 32mb openvz's for years, across several data center moves. It always worked great and they never hassled me about renewing even though they must have been losing or almost losing money on the ipv4 alone. I finally took pity and cancelled.

I also had one of those, cancelled it when I did my big cleanup.

• its been 2 weeks i paid for the domain but it is still in process, also raised couple of support tickets but no reply yet.
    Can you please reply to my following ticket numbers,

IYD-123 DATED : 29/10/19

NHL-664 DATED: 01/11/2019

KBF-850 DATED: 02/11/2019

EGI-597 DATED:19/11/2019

• NecroFOOL

Thanked by 2raindog308 skorous