Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email hosting

2»

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@mehargags said:
    Zoho was good but recently they dis-allowed IMAP on free accounts, which kind of limits it to only webmail. Yandex has not failed on me for more than 20 clients I have on it (skepticism apart)

Incorrect. Happily using Zoho Free on my personal domain, IMAP sync to mobile and will never move(unless they kick me). Could be true for new accounts though. Mine is few months old.

@WSS said:

@jarland said:

@Bochi said:
    Maybe this could be of interest for you: https://pawnmail.com/
    Model is "pay what you want" via donations - donate a multiple of the $0.06 per account / year they point out as cost and I would still consider this almost free.

I so envy their simplicity.

They probably don't use CPanel.

Past user commenting. They don't. Its RoundCube and basic mail stack. Not sure on server count though. Didn't have issues with it either. Just moved because I wanted to try something new. Free registrations are closed though.

I can also recommend Mail.ru's free email hosting service. Signup and management is Russian(can help if anyone needs), webmail can be set to English. They give IMAP and POP3 access too.

Thanked by 1depricated
  • Not free, but, if you're already using OpenSRS for domain registration, their hosted email is worth a look.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Any exclusive offers for LET?

@MikePT said:

@dzungbb said:
    Hope you can re-release Cyber Monday Offer again...

@jarland said:

@depricated said:

@angstrom said:
    I think that mxroute may still offer their classic plan for a one-time fee of $5 if your email needs are modest.

What's the difference with classic?

I noticed that plan too but it's just for 1 domain (I'd want 2-5), no DKIM (not sure if that's important), and no server side filters (no idea what that means).

If you just want basic email that works, high quality inbox delivery for next to nothing (be nice with it please, my limits are not hard set and I ask that you pay more if you send hundreds/thousands of emails per day), and no bells and whistles then you want the classic plans.

Ideally the classic plans are for people who already know what it is. It's basically the first product we released, re-released for people who said they didn't want all of the features or the higher prices that came with them. It's basically stripped down VestaCP with MailChannels for outbound email.

If you check our full cart, you can still find a few cheap offers there ;-)

• @depricated said:

@cyberpersons said:
    Looks like Zoho have improved since then, I am also using them for some domains and it works fine.

How strict is Zoho on making sure the free account is used for a "business" ?

I don't know about that, sorry!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@dzungbb said:
    Any exclusive offers for LET?

@MikePT said:

@dzungbb said:

@jarland said:

@depricated said:

@angstrom said:
    I think that mxroute may still offer their classic plan for a one-time fee of $5 if your email needs are modest.

I noticed that plan too but it's just for 1 domain (I'd want 2-5), no DKIM (not sure if that's important), and no server side filters (no idea what that means).

If you just want basic email that works, high quality inbox delivery for next to nothing (be nice with it please, my limits are not hard set and I ask that you pay more if you send hundreds/thousands of emails per day), and no bells and whistles then you want the classic plans.

Ideally the classic plans are for people who already know what it is. It's basically the first product we released, re-released for people who said they didn't want all of the features or the higher prices that came with them. It's basically stripped down VestaCP with MailChannels for outbound email.

Not for now I think. Still a few packages available for cheap.

• @jarland said:

I so envy their simplicity.

Yep, simplicity seems to have been number one priority. :)

@depricated said:

Thanks, I hadn't heard of pawnmail. But: "Sorry, we are full. Free registrations unavailable until further notice."

Sorry for that, didn't see that message...too bad though.

• The cheapest classic one is 30€ anually.
    Hope LeT offers will be released soon

@MikePT said:

@dzungbb said:
    Any exclusive offers for LET?

@MikePT said:

@dzungbb said:

@jarland said:

@depricated said:

@angstrom said:

Not for now I think. Still a few packages available for cheap.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@jarland can perhaps do something.

• Some domain registrars will offer free email hosting. For example gandi.net offers 2 mailboxes with 3GB storage included as part of registration. Comes with IMAP support.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited January 2018

I use mxguarddog.com to spam-filter mail, and act as the public-facing inbound MX mail receiver. It then forwards my mail to the smtp server running on my virtual server, which then routes mail to my inboxes (gmail, etc.). Spam are nicely summarized for my review. I think the price is $0.25/mo per email address (50 aliases and domain aliases included). It supports SPF-SRS too, so SPF checks don't break when mail relays.

Downside of mxguarddog, there's no API. Must manually add/remove/change email addresses through their website. My 50 email aliases took a couple hours to manually set up.