Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

Comments

• @Ympker said:

@nulldev said:

@Ympker said:

@nulldev said:

@Ympker said:

@nulldev said:
    [snip]

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

Would love to :) Please pm me or sent me a github link :)

Here ya go:
    https://gist.github.com/null-dev/d1098a6e8918c288a189147aa0d9397e

Hopefully you can read it as it uses a lot of Kotlin-specific stuff :(. There is a pom.xml too as there are a few dependencies.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@nulldev said:

@Ympker said:

@nulldev said:

@Ympker said:

@nulldev said:

@Ympker said:

@nulldev said:
    [snip]

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

[snip]

Would love to :) Please pm me or sent me a github link :)

Here ya go:
    https://gist.github.com/null-dev/d1098a6e8918c288a189147aa0d9397e

Hopefully you can read it as it uses a lot of Kotlin-specific stuff :(. There is a pom.xml too as there are a few dependencies.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

1 GB Test File powered by nulldev :- )

http://csg.nd.vu/?a=hgafnkb0ob

Thanked by 2nulldev vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Just a headsup: MiPony DL Manager seems to be infected according to my MWB so I wont be using/recommending it anymore!

Instead I started using https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/free-download-manager-portable (no 1fichier support though).

Thanked by 1henkb
  • abatabat Member
    edited June 2017

Couldn't resist at the yearly price, something to play with.

EDIT: Plowshare and specifically plowup works

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited June 2017

When uploading a file using ftp (ftp.1fichier.com) client, does it always upload to root (/) only? I can't figure out a way to upload a file via ftp to a particular folder (already created using web-ui).

• @dynamo said:
    When uploading a file using ftp (ftp.1fichier.com) client, does it always upload to root (/) only?

Yes, you have to move it manually afterwards.
    After using this system for a day or so I decided it wasn't fit to use as a backup repository, it's meant for sharing dubious media to the masses rather than any reliable / usable storage.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@slowdive said:

@dynamo said:
    When uploading a file using ftp (ftp.1fichier.com) client, does it always upload to root (/) only?

Yes, you have to move it manually afterwards.
    After using this system for a day or so I decided it wasn't fit to use as a backup repository, it's meant for sharing dubious media to the masses rather than any reliable / usable storage.

It works for me and my ~ 20 sites I backup but I can see if it doesn't fit for your needs. Tbh for that price I am okay with some workarounds here and there as long as my files dont disappear :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Just a quick headsup: The promotion for 10€/year is (still?!) going on if anyone is interested :)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2017

@nhocconan said:

@rubiohiguey said:

@ben47955 said:

saibal said: Where do see PayPal? Seems to be only Bitcoins and Wire transfers.

Don't order from the front page. Click on "price" page and order.

Still cannot see PayPal. Can you please provide a link?

You can go to their reseller list page at https://1fichier.com/revendeurs.html. However I would suggest you check the PP fee at different resellers. Some resellers charge a ridiculously high fee that you might not believe until you see it (:lol:). For example, at digitadiko, they charge $10.1 PP fee for $15.5 transaction https://puu.sh/wkoAk/5b6916aa8e.png

Technically, they're not allowed to charge for using PayPal. It's against their legal terms.

4.6 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method.  You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#4 (scroll down to section 4.6)

Basically, unless 1Fichier charges the same $10 fee for using a credit/debit card, they are violating the PayPal User Agreement. Many companies do this, and you can report them to PayPal. Most they'll do is force 1Fichier to refund the fee charged for using PayPal explicitly.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@doghouch said:

@nhocconan said:

@rubiohiguey said:

@ben47955 said:

saibal said: Where do see PayPal? Seems to be only Bitcoins and Wire transfers.

Don't order from the front page. Click on "price" page and order.

Still cannot see PayPal. Can you please provide a link?

You can go to their reseller list page at https://1fichier.com/revendeurs.html. However I would suggest you check the PP fee at different resellers. Some resellers charge a ridiculously high fee that you might not believe until you see it (:lol:). For example, at digitadiko, they charge $10.1 PP fee for $15.5 transaction https://puu.sh/wkoAk/5b6916aa8e.png

Technically, they're not allowed to charge for using PayPal. It's against their legal terms.

> 4.6 No Surcharges. You **agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method.** You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
    > 

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#4 (scroll down to section 4.6)

Basically, unless 1Fichier charges the same $10 fee for using a credit/debit card, they are violating the PayPal User Agreement. Many companies do this, and you can report them to PayPal. Most they'll do is force 1Fichier to refund the fee charged for using PayPal explicitly.

Yeah PP is complicated with them. Afaik they stated once that they are/have been banned from PayPal. Anyway I paid with BTC so I'm good. For anyone looking for PP just check their long list of resellers. They sell the yearly offer for ~14€. Still your best bet. I doubt reporting the reseller sites will help and 1Fichier is more or less PP blacklisted anyway so..

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2017

@Ympker Can't vouch for them, but they must be running a sketchy operation to be banned. I guess it's whether it fits your needs, because I wasn't really able to adapt it to my requirements.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@doghouch said:
    @Ympker Can't vouch for them, but they must be running a sketchy operation to be banned. I guess it's whether it fits your needs, because I wasn't really able to adapt it to my requirements.

To everyone his own :)
    Im happy for what I get although Id pref google drive features for that price, too.
    Sketchy for sure as they are known to be abused for hosting pirated movies etc but seems like they delete them if requested otherwhise they wouldnt be around so long.

• @Ympker said:

@doghouch said:

Im happy for what I get although Id pref google drive features for that price, too.
    Sketchy for sure as they are known to be abused for hosting pirated movies etc but seems like they delete them if requested otherwhise they wouldnt be around so long.

That's why you encrypt the yeti videos :)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@doghouch said:

@Ympker said:

@doghouch said:

That's why you encrypt the yeti videos :)

Yea probably why they are not targeted by gov yet.

• @Ympker I encrypt my files on every platform I use. Google Drive, 1Fichier, etc.

My account with them is still paid for, so I guess I should make some use out of it. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@doghouch said:
    @Ympker I encrypt my files on every platform I use. Google Drive, 1Fichier, etc.

My account with them is still paid for, so I guess I should make some use out of it. :)

True that :) For normal stuff I use winrar encryption/pw protection (128 bit). For important stuff I use Veracrypt.

• Just a quick update:
    It has been nearly a year now that I am with 1Fichier and although the need for storage has decreased for me the past few months I am still storing 2,74 TB with them and that's for just 10€/year. Even if this is not where one would store the most crucial files it is definitly more than I expected. I haven't been contacted to reduce my storage either (although I believe the soft limit is 30 TB ish anyway). For that price it's almost a steal.
    I've yet to make use of the 1,2 TB CDN credits I have collected over time :P

• More specifically, this is what that US Trade Representative report says about 1fichier.com:

This cyberlocker is hosted in and popular in France and allegedly makes available
    illegal video game copies and other copyrighted content. According to the video game industry,
    1Fichier is responsive to just 2% of takedown notices, one of the lowest response rates of
    cyberlockers that allegedly host infringing game files. The site derives revenue through a
    subscription service although some major credit card processors do not service the site due to
    allegedly illegal activity. Additionally, the site reportedly contains harmful content, including
    pages that contain suspicious or unknown software.

Personally, I don't doubt that there are (also) illegal files shared on 1fichier, but it's unclear what conclusion to draw from this paragraph (note "... and allegedly makes available ..." and "According to the video game industry, ...", the latter claim without a reference). If the situation were so bad, given that 1fichier is in France (EU) and has existed since 2009, you'd think that some action could have been taken against it by now.

But I also don't doubt that the US government doesn't like 1fichier.

• But I also don't doubt that the US government doesn't like 1fichier.

I doubt that the US government likes anyone.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Aidan said:
    I doubt that the US government likes anyone.

Indeed, I don't think they like their own president also.

Thanked by 3Aidan jetchirag nulldev
  • My CDN credits never decreasing on 1fichier. I have premium. Its a good bug i think.

• @filelover said:
    My CDN credits never decreasing on 1fichier. I have premium. Its a good bug i think.

Of course, you should have a backup strategy, but 1fichier has been around longer than buyvm. They're probably not going to disappear suddenly (despite what the US government may wish).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said:

@filelover said:
    My CDN credits never decreasing on 1fichier. I have premium. Its a good bug i think.

Of course, you should have a backup strategy, but 1fichier has been around longer than buyvm. They're probably not going to disappear suddenly (despite what the US government may wish).

Okay can you explain why is my cdn credits showing the same value even i use for my files. It is not decreasing always increasing..

• @filelover said:

@angstrom said:

@filelover said:

Okay can you explain why is my cdn credits showing the same value even i use for my files. It is not decreasing always increasing..

Contact their support. They usually answer same day.

• @filelover said:

@angstrom said:

@filelover said:

Whatever the exact issue is, I doubt that this is a reliable sign that the US government has taken over 1fichier.

As @Ympker said, you could just ask them if this is a concern.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

Update
    They added an option to Speedtest your bandwidth on their network before you buy:

SSL Speedtest: Click

HTTP Speedtest: Click

Also interesting in case you wanna store encrypted backups in yet another location (not only 1Fichier please!):

Can we use 1fichier.com for backups ?
    Of course ! We propose professional online storage services.
    All your datas are stored on RAID systems from RAID1 to RAID6 with multiple spares.

• WSSWSS Member

Are they using CEPH?

• @WSS said:
    Are they using CEPH?

Debian thx

Contact them in case you really wanna know :P