Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with the cheapest bandwidth that isn't OVH/Online/Hetzner - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with the cheapest bandwidth that isn't OVH/Online/Hetzner

2»

Comments

• @Aidan said:

Probably for a quality blend, I'll take any shit tier bandwidth to drive cost down.

Nope, $150 per gbps gets you tra(sh/nsit) quality bandwidth.

Good to know, but I see some options exist.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

mikewazar said: Besides "unlimited" I see no information about your network policy, which of those packages would let me use 100Mbit both ways, 24/7?

You can use 100 Mbits on any of the packages.

• BuyVM slices have unmetered bandwidth on 1gbps. Price is $3.5/month.

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/

• svmosvmo Member
    edited January 2018

This might fit your bill yourserver.se - no swap though. - But they explicitly state full use of bandwidth is ok. - I have one in Sweden. - No issues apart from a recent routing bug which was handled quickly and professionally. - Also NFS can be enabled - IPsec can be used though it is not advertised.

Shameless aff: link https://yourserver.se/portal/aff.php?aff=470 should you feel like it.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2018

Well Contabo offers 100 Mbit/s at any time now with all of their vps. Unmetered. From 7€/mo. Try your luck :)

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic, you can use 100 Mbit/s without any bandwidth restrictions or throttling. (Only in case your server has a 1 Gbit/s uplink: If average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 100 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 9 days the connection is switched to 100 Mbit/s).

• XeiXei Member
    edited January 2018

@Ympker said:
    Well Contabo offers 100 Mbit/s at any time now with all of their vps. Unmetered. From 7€/mo. Try your luck :)

Unlimited traffic: No additional costs due to traffic, you can use 100 Mbit/s without any bandwidth restrictions or throttling. (Only in case your server has a 1 Gbit/s uplink: If average traffic consumption continuously exceeds 100 Mbit/s over a timespan of at least 9 days the connection is switched to 100 Mbit/s).

@ Contabo. How is their 20eur server with gbit port? I wonder what kind of throughput they get. Online reviews weren't very positive. Like does it push at least 50% of gbit speeds?

• @Xei said:

@Ympker said:

@ Contabo. How is their 20eur server with gbit port? I wonder what kind of throughput they get. Online reviews weren't very positive. Like does it push at least 50% of gbit speeds?

Heya,
    Check this:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/122471/contabo-vps-ssd-xl-benchmarks

• XeiXei Member

@Ympker said:

@Xei said:

@Ympker said:

Heya,
    Check this:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/122471/contabo-vps-ssd-xl-benchmarks

Thanks! Saves me wasting money. Honestly I won't touch German stuff again until Hetzner Cloud. In general routing and peering is suboptimal in Germany. But the Cloud offering had unusually high throughput to various EU providers so I'll check it out.

• WSSWSS Member

@Xei said:
    Thanks! Saves me wasting money. Honestly I won't touch German stuff again until Hetzner Cloud.

There's nothing wring with NetCup. Just make sure you are aware to the terms you are agreeing to.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

What exactly are you using this bandwidth for?

• WSSWSS Member

@nik ready for launch tomorrow?

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    @nik ready for launch tomorrow?

yep :)

Thanked by 1WSS