Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it acceptable performance of NVMe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it acceptable performance of NVMe?

I have bought a server with NVMe. I tested its speed as follows and confused about its performance.

Is it ok?

[root@server ~]# hdparm -tT /dev/nvme0n1p1
/dev/nvme0n1p1:
Timing cached reads: 19620 MB in 1.93 seconds = 10144.70 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 4096 MB in 1.51 seconds = 2712.62 MB/sec

[root@server ~]# hdparm -tT /dev/nvme1n1

/dev/nvme1n1:
Timing cached reads: 18822 MB in 1.94 seconds = 9718.28 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 8010 MB in 3.00 seconds = 2670.00 MB/sec

./fio --randrepeat=1 --ioengine=libaio --direct=1 --gtod_reduce=1 --name=test --filename=test --bs=4k --iodepth=64 --size=4G --readwrite=randrw --rwmixread=75
test: (g=0): rw=randrw, bs=4K-4K/4K-4K, ioengine=libaio, iodepth=64
fio-2.0.9
Starting 1 process
Jobs: 1 (f=1): [m] [100.0% done] [187.2M/64107K /s] [48.2K/16.3K iops] [eta 00m:00s]
test: (groupid=0, jobs=1): err= 0: pid=11639: Fri Jan 12 03:53:31 2018
  read : io=3072.2MB, bw=192890KB/s, iops=48222 , runt= 16309msec
  write: io=1023.1MB, bw=64287KB/s, iops=16071 , runt= 16309msec
  cpu          : usr=14.22%, sys=85.74%, ctx=1649, majf=0, minf=431
  IO depths    : 1=0.1%, 2=0.1%, 4=0.1%, 8=0.1%, 16=0.1%, 32=0.1%, >=64=100.0%
     submit    : 0=0.0%, 4=100.0%, 8=0.0%, 16=0.0%, 32=0.0%, 64=0.0%, >=64=0.0%
     complete  : 0=0.0%, 4=100.0%, 8=0.0%, 16=0.0%, 32=0.0%, 64=0.1%, >=64=0.0%
     issued    : total=r=786462/w=262114/d=0, short=r=0/w=0/d=0

Run status group 0 (all jobs):
   READ: io=3072.2MB, aggrb=192890KB/s, minb=192890KB/s, maxb=192890KB/s, mint=16309msec, maxt=16309msec
  WRITE: io=1023.1MB, aggrb=64286KB/s, minb=64286KB/s, maxb=64286KB/s, mint=16309msec, maxt=16309msec

Disk stats (read/write):
  nvme0n1: ios=779235/259723, merge=0/3, ticks=109495/3619, in_queue=112756, util=99.44%

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Can't you read those numbers? Eat a dick.

Thanked by 3Aidan MrH jetchirag
  • Wtf is wrong with this guy?

• WSSWSS Member

Not enough dick in his diet, obviously.

• what happen to my eyes

• @kassle said:
    what happen to my eyes

Not sure but from the look of your avatar not enough crack or too much crack.

• yeah ... that benchmark number blow my eyes and the title shrink my pupils

• Hello overconfident guys. You cant realize the reason of my asking due to your limited view. Maybe, You have seen a limited range of nvme numbers.

I have got 2 other nvme server which are just double of these number. but those are
    NVMe with M.2

and my concerned server is NVMe with U.2

So I became confused. If it is ok?

• @noderise said:
    Hello overconfident guys. You cant realize the reason of my asking due to your limited view. Maybe, You have seen a limited range of nvme numbers.

I have got 2 other nvme server which are just double of these number. but those are
    NVMe with M.2

and my concerned server is NVMe with U.2

So I became confused. If it is ok?

If you are looking for nice people that treat you like the princess you are, you are in the wrong place.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • WSSWSS Member

@volver gotcha back bro.

Eat a dick.

• @WSS Eat a bag of dicks

• WSSWSS Member

@volver thanks but I'm full. Here's yours.

• @WSS Sorry, didn't knew you already had your dose today.

• WSSWSS Member

@volver Any time your shitty SEO comes around, there's plenty of shit for the dicks to feast on, sir.

• @WSS said:
    @volver Any time your shitty SEO comes around, there's plenty of shit for the dicks to feast on, sir.

Not doing any SEO since 2012/13.

Soon I plan to spam LET with nike/adidas articles that will lead to my other puma articles. And I will sell tons of snickers, and you sir, will buy them either you like it or not.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@vovler said:

@WSS said:

Soon I plan to spam LET with nike/adidas articles that will lead to my other puma articles. And I will sell tons of snickers, and you sir, will buy them either you like it or not.

Change it from snickers to Hersheys' "Skor", and I'll put you on the shitposters' payroll.

Ah, crap, I wasn't supposed to talk about that.

• @WSS said:

@vovler said:

@WSS said:

Change it from snickers to Hersheys' "Skor", and I'll put you on the shitposters' payroll.

Hand over your official card, the sperm tester, forget the secret handshake, and gimme the keys to the clubhouse.

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@vovler said:

@WSS said:

Hand over your official card, the sperm tester, forget the secret handshake, and gimme the keys to the clubhouse.

How are you supposed to forget how to jerk off?

• WSSWSS Member

@WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@vovler said:

@WSS said:

Ask @AuroraZ's wife.

• @WSS said:

@vovler said:

@WSS said:

I need that big ROI, chocolate is shit. I will start spamming ads right now.

• @WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@vovler said:

@WSS said:

Not my problem. We kept warning you and you could not stop talking.

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@vovler said:

@WSS said:

Not my problem. We kept warning you and you could not stop talking.

I'll just ask your waifu.

• gisadikgisadik Banned, Member

Your performance is good. If your name of "noderise" means you're about to be a new provider, then you probably have a lot to learn.

Here is my RAID 10 of regular SSDs (8x SM863a 1.92TB each);

[root@server22847-2699 ~]# hdparm -tT /dev/mapper/cl_server22847--2699-home

/dev/mapper/cl_server22847--2699-home:

>

Timing cached reads: 20336 MB in 2.00 seconds = 10179.01 MB/sec

Timing buffered disk reads: 4290 MB in 3.00 seconds = 1429.82 MB/sec

>

• @gisadik said:
    Your performance is good. If your name of "noderise" means you're about to be a new provider, then you probably have a lot to learn.

Here is my RAID 10 of regular SSDs (8x SM863a 1.92TB each);

[root@server22847-2699 ~]# hdparm -tT /dev/mapper/cl_server22847--2699-home

/dev/mapper/cl_server22847--2699-home:

>

Timing cached reads: 20336 MB in 2.00 seconds = 10179.01 MB/sec

Timing buffered disk reads: 4290 MB in 3.00 seconds = 1429.82 MB/sec

>

Thanks for your answer. I am learning. and I know its good but I have got two other systems those speed are150% to 200% better than this system. So I am asking to know which one industry standard?