Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

inceptionhosting still down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

inceptionhosting still down?

my server has been down for hours now. There was an emergency update of the server software, should have taken at most an hour (according to the e-mail they send out).

Their website is down too, anybody got any news about this?

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

website is up from here

• My VPS there is up. So it must be you.

• The website is running fine from my end too...

• Now it is up :)

fixed

• Will tag @anthonysmith for this, as it seems OP has no access to the ticket system due to the site showing as down on his end.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The client portal is fine and has never been down, the main site was for a while as emailed and as per the announcements.

Patching and reboots will continue, KVM2 in the UK was down for longer due to the issues over Christmas it needed significantly more work than expected, restores are in progress for that node, all states were saved and are being restored rather than rebooting everyone's VPS for everyone's convenience.

Is what it is, you cant win for trying to do the right thing sometimes.

I wrote more, I deleted it :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Any hoster that writes me emails about meltdown/spectre wins in my book, even if Ive gotten like 15 of them by now.

• I figured it would take longer than an hour so I updated my kernel and shut down the vm in anticipation. (I'm not on uk2 anymore though)

Ant will do you right in the end.

• True story: I was trying to set up a new host in observium and the hostname wouldn’t resolve. Then I remembered today was Inception’s patching day and I tried again in an hour and everything was fine.

• @Nekki said:
    True story: I was trying to set up a new host in observium and the hostname wouldn’t resolve. Then I remembered today was Inception’s patching day and I tried again in an hour and everything was fine.

You can't be for serious.

• LeeLee Veteran

AuroraZ said: You can't be for serious.

I know right, I mean an hour, what the fuck, another host for the dead pool.

• WSSWSS Member

@Lee said:

AuroraZ said: You can't be for serious.

I know right, I mean an hour, what the fuck, another host for the dead pool.

When @AnthonySmith deadpools, the Internet is over.

Thanked by 2Aidan vimalware

WSS said: When @AnthonySmith deadpools, the Internet is over.

When I deadpool I will pull the trigger myself and invite everyone to watch with plenty of notice :)

Literally, every little issue that could arise today has, even down to accidentally hitting the pause break at exactly the wrong time when reaching for a pen to update my notes.

hi ho hi ho.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Downtime due to patching
    HOW DARE YOU

Maybe we can start a new trend on LET thanking providers for their hard work.

Ill start... Thanks Anthony!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

carcosa said: Maybe we can start a new trend on LET thanking providers for their hard work.

That would be too easy.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2018

Hard work... Is what you are paying as a customer... a solid infrastructure/platform. Really there is no need to give any thanks.

I pay and I expect.

Do I have to give my thanks to Amazon and Azure too?

@carcosa said:
    Downtime due to patching
    HOW DARE YOU

Maybe we can start a new trend on LET thanking providers for their hard work.

Ill start... Thanks Anthony!

• WSSWSS Member

@Hxxx said:

Really there is no need to give any thanks.

There's no need for Anthony to spend days saving us from a deadpooled provider of his for a no-SLA service, either, but he did, and that is worthy of thanks.

You're kind of a shithead.

• Is ok crackhead. You are off topic.

There is no need to thank providers for patching for Meltdown or spectre, is a required task.

Also I'm being sarcastic here.

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:

Really there is no need to give any thanks.

There's no need for Anthony to spend days saving us from a deadpooled provider of his for a no-SLA service, either, but he did, and that is worthy of thanks.

You're kind of a shithead.

• WSSWSS Member

No, you being a shithead is the topic of conversation now. Ant is sleeping.

• Shithead picture - check.
    Replies talking about deadpooling - check.

@WSS on a serious matter, you are stupid. But we love you, keep shitposting.

@WSS said:
    No, you being a shithead is the topic of conversation now. Ant is sleeping.

• WSSWSS Member

@Hxxx said:
    Shithead picture - check.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were still here being a shithead. Here's your pity reply.

• Yes yes! shitposting. Come come come.

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:
    Shithead picture - check.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were still here being a shithead. Here's your pity reply.

• @Hxxx said:
    Yes yes! shitposting. Come come come.

@WSS said:

He came in the first 2 minutes, but just a small transparent drop.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • MY VPS With them still down. Tough I was never boot it up in the first place.

heh..

Opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one and most people don't like to look too far into them.

Thanked by 3jvnadr hostdare ucxo
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

This is a prime example of why some of you shouldn't be so hard on others for downtime

Who am I kidding. This is LET.

Lesson to be learnt - everyone experiencing downtime at some point and it keeps us in check.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@risharde said:
    This is a prime example of why some of you shouldn't be so hard on others for downtime

Who am I kidding. This is LET.

Lesson to be learnt - everyone experiencing downtime at some point and it keeps us in check.

Planned maintenance...

risharde said: Lesson to be learnt - everyone experiencing downtime at some point and it keeps us in check.

This was scheduled and notice was given :)

Thanked by 1adly
  • WSSWSS Member

I'm losing money on my no-SLA service!