Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i-83/quadhost £12.50 a year plan...help needed setting up a cp
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i-83/quadhost £12.50 a year plan...help needed setting up a cp

hi everyone
just dipping my toe in the vps world so went uber cheap incase it was just too over my head!
im used this guide...
https://vpsguide.net/tutorials/vps-tutorials/setup-a-website-on-a-nat-vps-from-i-83-lowendspirit
and have everything running it seems but...
anyways im trying to set up a cp (vesta & centos wp) everything seems to install fine but after install i cant access the scripts frontend using 8083 or 2030
is there a way to work around this?
any help would be greatly appreciated
mike

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

You did set it to use one of the ports given to you in your NAT welcome email, right? 2030 and 8083 are likely not yours. Reread your welcome email and adapt as necessary.

• no i didnt :(
    dont suppose anyone could share the information on how i go about doing this?
    thanks
    mike

• WSSWSS Member

Read your welcome email. Find your ports. Edit the config files/reinstall Vesta using one of your designated ports, or access via IPv6.

• thank you
    i think i get but no doubt ill be back to ask another round of stupid questions
    all the best
    mike

• seanhoseanho Member
    edited January 2018

Also note that that guide is over a year old, and i-83 was never officially a part of LES, and QuadHost's reputation here on LET has dropped considerably in the past year.

Vesta's default port is specified in /usr/local/vesta/nginx/conf/nginx.conf on the listen line. You may also need to modify the firewall to allow the new port.

Thanked by 2WSS MrH
  • hi sean thanks for the reply, ive edited the config and listed my first port which i believe to be 14301...just reading how to config the firewall...very new to vps which is why i chose the cheapest provider possible so if i cant get things working how i need ive not lost much

• @mwhalen said:
    hi sean thanks for the reply, ive edited the config and listed my first port which i believe to be 14301...just reading how to config the firewall...very new to vps which is why i chose the cheapest provider possible so if i cant get things working how i need ive not lost much

To be honest you could have gone with arubacloud @12€ per year and IPv4 without nat so you wouldnt be facing and problems right now.

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:

@mwhalen said:
    hi sean thanks for the reply, ive edited the config and listed my first port which i believe to be 14301...just reading how to config the firewall...very new to vps which is why i chose the cheapest provider possible so if i cant get things working how i need ive not lost much

To be honest you could have gone with arubacloud @12€ per year and IPv4 without nat so you wouldnt be facing and problems right now.

That's needlessly cruel. Aurba's shitty management portal have broken people with decades of internet service.

• @WSS said:

@Ympker said:

@mwhalen said:

That's needlessly cruel. Aurba's shitty management portal have broken people with decades of internet service.

True that. I remember having struggles to find where to cancel haha :O
    Anyway the positive side is that OP will have to do with port configuration etc early on so he might just get used to creating secure setups :)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • just a quick pointer on how to sort the firewall and i think im good to go

• thanks again :D

• you guys are awesome!....
    thank you so much!

• WSSWSS Member

LET helps those who help themselves.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • well it is appreciated, and sometimes all it takes is a new set of search terms :D

• @mwhalen said:
    well it is appreciated, and sometimes all it takes is a new set of search terms :D

Just don’t take movie recommendations from @WSS.

Thanked by 1WSS