Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

Comments

• SuExec is going to kill throughput, and nobody will know how to make it function correctly, and they will bitch and bitch and bitch.

Welcome to CPanel, circa 2006.

Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • @WSS

its already done, but people can always go back through configurations.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Question from the peanut gallery: Why suExec versus a php-fpm pool per user? That would allow setting resource constraints with pretty fine granularity, while improving performance.

• @lewellyn said:
    Question from the peanut gallery: Why suExec versus a php-fpm pool per user? That would allow setting resource constraints with pretty fine granularity, while improving performance.

Because then you're stuck forking at least X instances per user for a pool. That's a good way to waste as many resources as compiling PHP into Apache.

• Except you get better isolation than compiling into Apache. ;) (And you can run with 1 worker in the pool just fine for the average small site. With modern memory management, most of the image will be shared between pools, so you're not out THAT much...)

• @lewellyn said:
    Except you get better isolation than compiling into Apache. ;) (And you can run with 1 worker in the pool just fine for the average small site. With modern memory management, most of the image will be shared between pools, so you're not out THAT much...)

If you're already arguing for a side with one single worker, then why are we bothering to even address this?

• @WSS @lewellyn

With LSPHP you can see that process are forked only when a request comes in, no need to prefork them.

This time with the user specified in the configurations, rest is same, so there will be no overhead.

• PHP SuExec Added. (There is no extra burden, OpenLiteSpeed only forks processes when they are needed).
    • Home Made File Manager. (Upload Limit Issue Fixed).
    • Preview Websites. (Equivalent to Apache mod_userdir but user friendly URLs: https://192.168.100.10:8090:/preview/example.com/)
    • PHPMYAdmin Upload Limit Fixed.
    • Database creation error fixed. (Can not create database for domains more than 16 characters long)
    • FTP over TLS.
    • Reset admin password via command line.

http://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=change-log

• @cyberpersons do you plan to make CyberPanel more modular like VestaCP?
    i mean, if i dont need ftp or mail service, i can just disable it or not install it.

Thanked by 3Host4Go hahanas NanoG6
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Looks good! Is it production ready?

Thanked by 1hahanas
  • hahanashahanas Member
    edited December 2017

Great control panel !!!!! A few questions. SubDomains can added? If new domain has be added dns records has created automatic? What Plan package have to set? Can support CentOS 6.x latest ?

Idea: You can make a simple module app with ticket support.

• LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider

@cyberpersons Good job, hope you take this panel to good free alternative of cPanel. Currently i haven't see any free alternative that is similar to cPanel :(
    Integrations for Blesta would be good :)

Thanked by 1hahanas
  • @kzed

It is planned for future.

@gleert

1.6.0 actual version will be production ready.

@hahanas

We've similar feature with name child domains, more information: http://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=child-domains

@Lampard

Hopefully, blesta plugin will be available soon.

Regards

• kaka51kaka51 Member
    edited January 2018

The 1.6 version of the two BUG:

LITESPEED settings are not effective

Where does the database root password look for? I can't find a place

• @kaka51 said:

>

$ cat /etc/cyberpanel/mysqlPassword

• @kaka51 said:
    The 1.6 version of the two BUG:

LITESPEED settings are not effective

Litespeed settings should be saved but not reflected on homepage.

To confirm you can check Webadmin console on port :7080

Regards

• @cyberpersons any support for other operating systems in the near future?

• @Edmond said:
    @cyberpersons any support for other operating systems in the near future?

We have plans for debian in near future.

• @cyberpersons said:

@Edmond said:
    @cyberpersons any support for other operating systems in the near future?

We have plans for debian in near future.

Glad that's coming soon. Good luck!

• is it possible to disable mail server and dns?
    just need webserver and mysql only

• cyberpersonscyberpersons Member
    edited January 2018

@PremiumFast_Net said:
    is it possible to disable mail server and dns?
    just need webserver and mysql only

• yum -y remove pdns
    • yum -y remove postfix
    • yum -y remove dovecot dovecot-mysql

This will unload DNS and mail server.

Thanked by 1PremiumFast_Net
  • Please consider support Debian/Ubuntu

• Yes. I'm using cyberpanel in production. But as I'm newbies to vps world, however I can successfully installed cyberpanel on my xen vps successfully, I got some gap erros. All i want to do is placing my vps ip behind cloudflare that is behind my domain. Thus, I had already integrated my domain name servers with cloudflare, but there's error with cloudflare and my cyberpanel's dns. Can you exactly show me step by step as you wrote tutorial on technic ? All i want to do is My domain>cloudflare>my vps. Now I'm point as far as my knowledge, but cloudflare shows me error of "Origin of DNS". Thanks. By the way I'm fond of installing and using cyberpanel pretty much.

• @kyawhtun2012 said:
    Yes. I'm using cyberpanel in production. But as I'm newbies to vps world, however I can successfully installed cyberpanel on my xen vps successfully, I got some gap erros. All i want to do is placing my vps ip behind cloudflare that is behind my domain. Thus, I had already integrated my domain name servers with cloudflare, but there's error with cloudflare and my cyberpanel's dns. Can you exactly show me step by step as you wrote tutorial on technic ? All i want to do is My domain>cloudflare>my vps. Now I'm point as far as my knowledge, but cloudflare shows me error of "Origin of DNS". Thanks. By the way I'm fond of installing and using cyberpanel pretty much.

You dont know how to work with Cloudflare, and DNS in general. Just create an A record pointing to the ip of your vps, and a cname for the www

Thanked by 1kyawhtun2012
  • kyawhtun2012kyawhtun2012 Member
    edited January 2018

vovler said: Just create an A record pointing to the ip of your vps, and a cname for the www

Yes,Sir, I point to A record to my vps ip but cname for www don't let me enter my ip, thus i input my domain. Fix me right please.! My Screenshot of clodflare error goes there... "https://pasteboard.co/H2C7uFO.png"

• its looking good awesome work :)

Thanked by 1kyawhtun2012
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@kyawhtun2012 said:

vovler said: Just create an A record pointing to the ip of your vps, and a cname for the www

Yes,Sir, I point to A record to my vps ip but cname for www don't let me enter my ip, thus i input my domain. Fix me right please.! My Screenshot of clodflare error goes there... "https://pasteboard.co/H2C7uFO.png"

3 A Records for the main domain. You need to check that unless you have an HA setup and are using round robin dns.

• @MikePT said:

@kyawhtun2012 said:

3 A Records for the main domain. You need to check that unless you have an HA setup and are using round robin dns.

Can Cloudflare's DNS system do that ? I think not ...

Thanked by 1kyawhtun2012
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2018

@MikePT said:

@kyawhtun2012 said:

^This, You only need one A record.

Delete everything and do this.

A - @ - VPSIP - Automatic TTL -> ADD RECORD

CNAME - www - @ - Automatic TTL -> ADD RECORD

Thanked by 2MikePT kyawhtun2012
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@qtwrk said:

@MikePT said:

@kyawhtun2012 said:

Can Cloudflare's DNS system do that ? I think not ...

Round Robin DNS should work, yes, it's not even a "technology", just logic and how zones work.

Thanked by 1kyawhtun2012