Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kimsufi bhs unreachable
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kimsufi bhs unreachable

Anyone else lost connection to their kimsufi in Beauharnois?

Traceroute from vmhaus bhs hangs after 10.34.64.73

Traceroute from virmach piscataway hangs after 192.99.146.138

offline since about 10 am East Coast time ...

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick

Comments

• My server has been inaccessible since 15:00 GMT today too. (Kimsufi BHS2 - Rack: T02A75)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Mine is at data center BHS1 and is up and running (15:49 UTC)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited January 2018

Servers (VPS & Kimsufi) in BHS1, no issue at all.

There are tasks in progress at BHS2&5, as per http://travaux.ovh.net/

• @Shot2 said:

[...]

>

There are tasks in progress at BHS2&5, as per http://travaux.ovh.net/

Thanks! That is helpful information, much appreciated!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

BHS1/2 online, no outage today.

Seems like it only affected parts.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @matthewkilpatrick said:
    [...] (Kimsufi BHS2 - Rack: T02A75)

Howdy, neighbor! (Same rack, still down ...)

Thanked by 1matthewkilpatrick
  • @uptime said:

Howdy, neighbor! (Same rack, still down ...)

My server has just become reachable again - so I imagine yours is too.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Yup, back online now. Woo-hoo!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2018

uptime said: Yup, back online now. Woo-hoo!

Check if you got a 1000 Mbps network connection now. Sometimes these downtimes are to replace the network switch -- with a Gigabit one. Upload will be capped to 100 Mbit anyway, but download is up to full Gbit.

Thanked by 2uptime maverickp
  • @uptime said:
    Anyone else lost connection to their kimsufi in Beauharnois?

Traceroute from vmhaus bhs hangs after 10.34.64.73

Traceroute from virmach piscataway hangs after 192.99.146.138

offline since about 10 am East Coast time ...

Vague network issue posts like this really really make me miss working support@

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018

@rm_ said:

Check if you got a 1000 Mbps network connection now. Sometimes these downtimes are to replace the network switch -- with a Gigabit one. Upload will be capped to 100 Mbit anyway, but download is up to full Gbit.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no such luck - seems to be still capped at 100 mbit/s for both upload and download. (Which is okay for this server. As long as it's up!)

• @doughmanes said:

Vague network issue posts like this really really make me miss working support@

Glad I could facilitate some fond reminiscing! I'm open to any suggestion to make problem report /inquiry more informative, if you care to share some ideas?

• @rm_ said:

I'd had 1Gbps download speed on my box before the outage today (and still have it), so I assume it was more likely related to equipment failure than intended upgrades. (From what @ uptime had said in an earlier post, our servers are in the same rack, so I imagine the switch was already gigabit). I wonder if they are limiting the Gbit upgrades to their more expensive models of servers (I have a 4B which is around $30/mo).

• uptime said: I'm open to any suggestion to make problem report /inquiry more informative, if you care to share some ideas?

Unedited traceroutes. support@ doesn't care where you live and won't pass you info to NSA like those neckbeards who edit out the first 1-3 hops in a screenshot.

MTR reports are better. If possible in both directions.

Thanked by 1uptime