Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Advantage of using the OVH Kernel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Advantage of using the OVH Kernel?

Any advantage of using OVH kernel over the stock kernel? Will be running a high traffic apache/nginx with heavy downloads etc if that matters. Will be using Webuzo.

Also Is it okay to use just 2 partitions instead of 3? (OVH uses /home, / & swap. Which causes Webuzo to only have 20GB for the panel itself.

Can I just use / and swap partions and get rid of the /home?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Not really.

Yes.

Yes.

• @WSS said:
    Not really.

Yes.

Yes.

Maybe Not Yes?

• HuntersPad said: Can I just use / and swap partions and get rid of the /home?

>
    Yes, that's fine. :) : )

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@HuntersPad said:
    Any advantage of using OVH kernel over the stock kernel? Will be running a high traffic apache/nginx with heavy downloads etc if that matters. Will be using Webuzo.

Also Is it okay to use just 2 partitions instead of 3? (OVH uses /home, / & swap. Which causes Webuzo to only have 20GB for the panel itself.

Can I just use / and swap partions and get rid of the /home?

You can select custom while install, configure the partitions and you can select if you want the ovh kernel or not. I do always use the distro kernel, since the OVH kernel misses some functions I need.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • For mining, you won't want OVH kernel. But I don't think you are mining.

• Thanks! Went without using. I think I was using it before, but having to ditch plesk they're month pricing is crazy. I'd just pay for cPanel if I was gonna pay that much for plesk.

• GodsGods Member
    edited January 2018

@mrclown said:
    For mining, you won't want OVH kernel. But I don't think you are mining.

Why are you mining on OVH?

• It took me ages to work out that the OVH kernel had some functions missing! I didn't recompile it in the end and just reinstalled using the OS kernel.

• @Gods said:

@mrclown said:
    For mining, you won't want OVH kernel. But I don't think you are mining.

Why are you mining on OVH?

I am not mining. But many others might.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

I use the OVH core. But there are programs like the original kernel, for example VMmanager 5 KVM.

I always put here like this:

Swap put: 512 MB * 16 (amount of GB) = 8192 MB.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

You can as well divide in half, it’s so much easier to calculate.