Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I spammed and OVH suspended me for it
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I spammed and OVH suspended me for it

techiwizardtechiwizard Member
edited January 2018 in Reviews

We have some servers for our clients and ovh suspend permanently these vps with 1 or 2 warnings, we haven't faced such issues from none of the providers but ovh. They didn't give the time to recover the data.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

Warnings for what?

Welcome to LET!?

Thanked by 2netomx Aidan
  • WSSWSS Member

Go ahead and dump them like the ruskies have been. I miss my KS-4C for <#10/mo

Thanked by 2netomx Xei
  • You don't need to recover data from miners

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • I wonder if I should one day try it.

It's the big hype these days.

Then again, all I will probably be doing is using a program that I don't understand which sort of sucks.

• @WSS said:

Ruskies doesn't dump them. Bliat.

• Actually, spammming is an issue in all vps and all datacenters are facing this issue but ovh dont give time to revise the issue and they just simply terminate the vps

how ridiculous

• deankdeank Member, Troll

For OVH, customers are just numbers and they certainly won't care even if they get rid of problematic ones. They'd rather not spend the manpower (therefore, wage) on things.

• @techiwizard said:
    Actually, spammming is an issue in all vps and all datacenters are facing this issue but ovh dont give time to revise the issue and they just simply terminate the vps

how ridiculous

Not sure what actually happened to you, but if spamming happened and led to loss, were you willing to compensate all cost? I recalled seeing providers asking hundreds of dollars for the man-power to negotiate with all kinds of spammer list and get their IP unblocked, not to mention that in some case these IPs will leave permanent reputation lost that even money doesn't help.

• @techiwizard said:
    Actually, spammming is an issue in all vps and all datacenters are facing this issue but ovh dont give time to revise the issue and they just simply terminate the vps

how ridiculous

So in short, you were caught sending out spam?

Thanked by 2netomx Hannan
  • hzrhzr Member

techiwizard said: Actually, spammming is an issue in all vps and all datacenters are facing this issue but ovh dont give time to revise the issue and they just simply terminate the vps

>

Hasn't ever been an issue for any of my machines.

• If your machines get terminated due to spam, it means, you ignored multiple warning, or you did something utterly stupid.

• JackieSungJackieSung Member
    edited January 2018

You cancelled the order? Or Kimsufi cancelled for u. As I recall, recently, they had a discount like 10euro pre tax.

@WSS said:

• pikepike Veteran

@techiwizard said:
    ovh suspend permanently these vps with 1 or 2 warnings,

You got "1 or 2" warnings... what did you expect them to do if you don't react properly.

@techiwizard said:
    They didn't give the time to recover the data.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The moderators need to rename the topic to: I tried to SPAM and OVH suspended my account.

What do you expect? You just ignored their warnings and I bet you it’s more than two you had!

Thanked by 1LjL
  • GodsGods Member
    edited January 2018

Warned 2 times by OVH to stop spamming on servers

Ignores warning

theycantdoshit.jpg

OVH suspends servers cause they're pissed French people

Goes on LowEndTalk

victimcard.jpg

Gets exp0sed

I like this story

Thanked by 2WebProject Aidan
  • techiwizard said: ovh suspend permanently these vps with 1 or 2 warnings, we haven't faced such issues from none of the providers but ovh.

Some providers are afraid to put some balls behind their policies. I'm sure OVH is the largest provider you've dealt with while some smaller providers might look the other way on spammers because the little bit of money you pay monthly covers morning coffee for the one man hosting provider.

• Well good thing you took backups on idontbackupshit.com. Much safer than dropbox, completely unhackable.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2018

@techiwizard Them, not allowing you to further abuse their system, is the ultimate discrimination and breach of human rights.

You should open a case in the European Court of Justice.

• so you were spamming! and waiting for OVH to request you, "Hello Sir, Can you please stop sending spam? it is destroying our 'so-called' reputation!". Seriously, spamming, WHY?

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • We are not spamming, got some mails regarding spam emails but its common and we have already taken action against the customers who have done this but i don't think none of the providers do like this.

may be ovh have enough customers but atleast they should allow to migrate the contents

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@techiwizard said:
    We are not spamming, got some mails regarding spam emails but its common and we have already taken action against the customers who have done this but i don't think none of the providers do like this.

may be ovh have enough customers but atleast they should allow to migrate the contents

Or the action you’ve taken was insufficient.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Renamed the thread, OVH gave you multiple chances.

Thanked by 3doughmanes cociu lazyt
  • Make a chargeback ahahah

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@spywork said:
    Make a chargeback ahahah

Don't be a cunt.

Thanked by 2lazyt td512
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2018

Some SPAMer thinks that the following description is not SPAM:

• we don’t send SPAM emails just emails;
    • promotional emails;
    • marketing emails;
    • communication in bulk emails like 10-100k emails per time;

Any other fancy descriptions of SPAM?
    Thanked by 2vimalware Hannan
  • @WebProject said:
    Some SPAMer thinks that the following description is not SPAM:

• we don’t send SPAM emails just emails;
    • promotional emails;
    • marketing emails;
    • communication in bulk emails like 10-100k emails per time;

Any other fancy descriptions of SPAM?

The ham like meat in a can you eat in USA

Thanked by 2WebProject lazyt
  • spyworkspywork Member
    edited January 2018

@hawc said:

@spywork said:
    Make a chargeback ahahah

Don't be a cunt.

"ahahah" sarcasm

• Well obviously use a host like Ecatel/Novogara or a host that will forward you abuse complaints and you will get to deal with them yourself.

Obviously the above isn't necessary illegal but don't be a dick and spam shit

• @Gods said:
    Well obviously use a host like Ecatel/Novogara or a host that will forward you abuse complaints and you will get to deal with them yourself.

Yeah, sure he could do that and not give any fuck whatsoever until the next millenium hits but then i wouldn't be suprised if that doesn't quiete yield the deliverability he is looking for. I mean seriously is there anyone who sees traffic from Ecatel, Quasi and friends and does not instantly think DROP?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2018

I actually do feel your pain. My incoming backup relays were there, meaning they received email and relayed the mail back to my primary server. They intercept mail traffic and scan it, leaving me with two options. Either I filter the mail with 0% failure or leave, because they'll block SMTP automatically. Despite zero risk with me, obviously. So I'm leaving OVH completely.

Thanked by 1techiwizard