Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UptimeVPS.com Experience and Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UptimeVPS.com Experience and Review

komokomo Member
edited September 2011 in Reviews

I would not call this a review but more a short experience report because I had this VPS only for a few days.

UptimeVPS had some problems in the start (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/uptimevps-e1-50-128mb-xen-vps-in-france) and I was not very sure about getting a vps from them but I wanted a french vps and they were cheap enough to risk. and after a few days I can only say that I am absolutely satisfied.

I got a package with 384MB/768MB, 30GB storage and 300GB transfer for $12,7 ( EUR 9) from the link above which is the best value for the money I saw in the last few months, specially for france.

payment was done with credit card over paypal which is only payment method.
VPS (Debian 6) was setup almost before the welcome emails arrived.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 12.085 s, 88.8 MB/s

not as fast as BuyVM but fast enough for me.

# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
--2011-09-06 07:01:01--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: `100mb.test'

100%[======================================================================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 34.3M/s   in 2.9s    

2011-09-06 07:01:04 (34.3 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

similar here. not as fast as BuyVM (BuyVM 128MB package is the fastest VPS I have) but more than enough for my needs.

I submitted a ticket asking for tun device and I got it a ten minutes later. openvpn is up and running.

There was no down time in these few days.

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited September 2011

Pfff, I am sorry, but, again, another comparison with BuyVM...

Your VPS is fast, your VPS is good, nuff said, no need to say anything else.

• I know it is fast but it is the fastest one I have. but you are still right that there are maybe too many comparasions with xxxx.

• @komo: It's not everything about I/O speed. I found BuyVM's 256's to be slow comparing to other providers. I'm canceling my four 256's this month.

• Thanks for the positive review. We shall keep up the good work. :)

• another comparison with BuyVM

Maybe folks consider buyVM to be a baseline for comparison. We have to have one somewhere.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ikocka - if you're having any weird performance issues you're welcome to ticket us :)

I know we've had some minecrafts blasting away at some of the boxes so we're designating a node just for them sometime this week, just finalizing the hardware.

Francisco

• @Francisco: Cool, it'll maybe boost the connection speed on the node i am on.. :)