Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPNs that still work in china? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPNs that still work in china?

2»

Comments

• Shadowsocks or Shadowsocks R still working well in China, don't need to worry!

• @fkj

I just got that from Google. I've flown with them once previously, for a visit to Hong Kong from Canada.

• dergelbedergelbe Member
    edited January 2018

@undefined said:
    Shadowsocks or Shadowsocks R still working well in China, don't need to worry!

SS can be detected and might be blocked. Did happen to me.

• @dergelbe said:

@undefined said:
    Shadowsocks or Shadowsocks R still working well in China, don't need to worry!

SS can be detected and might be blocked. Did happen to me.

Maybe blocked by ISP.

• That depends on many factors:

• Location - Cities on east coast are usually quite permissive, while you have to play Hell mode in XinJiang.
    • ISP - Different ISPs in different provinces impose different blocking strategies. Some VPN may work in one ISP but not in another ISP.
    • Time - Hard mode starts in June every year.

Shadowsocks is still the best solution for now. Most VPNs work currently but can easily be blocked in June.

Thanked by 2hostdare mint
  • While SS works connecting service outside of china... any idea on setting up an vpn server within China? tried openconnect and openvpn and both failed :(

• dergelbedergelbe Member
    edited January 2018

@BAKA said:
    That depends on many factors:

• Location - ......

It certainly does. There is not ONE GFW blocking algorithm.

But anyway, Shadowsocks was very intermittent a few days ago. I guess I will wipe it and try ShadowsocksR. Softether worked fine, but I need to check how to setup GFW only routing (if that's possible). No point to use WeChat via a VPN.

Lantern was also rather intermittent.

• hahahahaha @Hxxx you are so funny :) .

@Hxxx said:
    You should follow your leader and do what he says. If he said no youtube, then no youtube :) .

@Dasmz said:
    As a programmer at China, I'm glad to tell you the good message, we can still use Shadowsocks. if your friend cannot find anyone who can provide a SS. MSG me via Twitter/fdmove

• Softether can be used in most areas

But for large flow operations, it will be disconnected

Vpngate can't be used

Shadowsocks+obfs can work for a long time

• Neil_HinesNeil_Hines Member
    edited January 2018

The Great Firewall of China (GFW) is the most far-reaching Internet surveillance system in the world. Many sites and services are difficult to access internet users in China including Facebook, Google, YouTube and many others website are blocked in China because of the (GFW).
    Without VPN you can't access the blocked sites that are why you need the best China VPN for your online privacy and unblocked the restricted sites.But how can we know which VPN is best for China and also really work in China?
    After searching, I get the best reviews about China VPN which one really work in China. I'm sure it will really help you also.

• Hongkong is not block any vpn(s), ss and ssr it's still working.
    No need to worry

• @Neil_Hines said:
    After searching, I get the best reviews about [China VPN]...

Don't you find it strange that there are no DIY methods listed? No server solutions? No Lantern? No Softether, SS, SSR? You aren't spamming, are you?

Thanked by 1Aidan