Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is dedicenter's staff here ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is dedicenter's staff here ?

Comments

• @bioger said:
    I can't connect to my VPS in putty .
    The IP was rejected by the Chinese government .

What does that exactly mean? Are you trying to say the provided IP address is blocked by the Chinese network filters? Can you elaborate?

@jvnadr I am not sure if this issue should be that easily dismissed (if it is the case as assumed). If the provider handed out a blocked address it would be reasonable to expect that to be swapped with something working. Similar to an address listed in a spam list. But first we should know what the problem is.

• @bitswitch said:

@bioger said:

What does that exactly mean? Are you trying to say the provided IP address is blocked by the Chinese network filters? Can you elaborate?

@jvnadr I am not sure if this issue should be that easily dismissed (if it is the case as assumed). If the provider handed out a blocked address it would be reasonable to expect that to be swapped with something working. Similar to an address listed in a spam list. But first we should know what the problem is.

Wrong the Chinese Great Wall can and does block IPs faster then greased shit. No one can guarantee a non blocked ip since they can block them faster then deployment sometimes. That wall is a mfer man.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @AuroraZ said:
    Wrong the Chinese Great Wall can and does block IPs faster then greased shit. No one can guarantee a non blocked ip since they can block them faster then deployment sometimes. That wall is a mfer man.

Wrong what? I wasnt referring to how quickly they might block something but to the likely fact that there is some reason why it was blocked. If this is not because of the OP an IP swap might be very well within reason.

It would be good to know what the actual issue is.

• @bitswitch said:

@AuroraZ said:

Wrong what? I wasnt referring to how quickly they might block something but to the likely fact that there is some reason why it was blocked. If this is not because of the OP an IP swap might be very well within reason.

It would be good to know what the actual issue is.

That's the thing about them wall man, they block them because they want to do it. No rhyme reason or anything. If they don't want you to access it you don't, without something like Shadowsocks.

The govt. In china control it and they dgaf if the people there have ever connected to the ip. If they eant it blocked it gets blocked.

• @AuroraZ said:
    That's the thing about them wall man, they block them because they want to do it. No rhyme reason or anything. If they don't want you to access it you don't, without something like Shadowsocks.

The govt. In china control it and they dgaf if the people there have ever connected to the ip. If they eant it blocked it gets blocked.

But we dont even know what happened. At the moment we can only assume the OP got a blocked IP assigned, in which case aforementioned swap is perfectly reasonable.

• @AuroraZ said:

Given that this host was greatly-promoted by a known Chinese blogger and that they've been known to be used for cheap VPNs, I doubt it took them long to decide to just block the traffic outright.

• @WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

Given that this host was greatly-promoted by a known Chinese blogger and that they've been known to be used for cheap VPNs, I doubt it took them long to decide to just block the traffic outright.

Yeape and in this case no swap would matter.

Also the provider shouldn't have to be held accountable for some else's governmental regulations. Especially that particular government, with its shit.

• @WSS said:

Might be an explanation.

@AuroraZ said:
    Also the provider shouldn't have to be held accountable for some else's governmental regulations. Especially that particular government, with its shit.

It is not about accountability its about providing a "clean" IP address. As I mentioned a lot depends on the circumstances, which havent been clarified yet but the situation is very similar to addresses on spam lists. The Chinese government itself plays a rather small role in this issue.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited December 2017

@bioger said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Yes, how can I help you today sir?

Can you change me a new IP ?

@bitswitch What's that?

• @AuroraZ said:
    @bitswitch What's that?

I dont know and that is why I asked the OP for clarification.

• @bitswitch said:

The Chinese government itself plays a rather small role in this issue.

Like, you know, deciding to block it..

These are all KVMs, so I have no doubt that either this person did something to get null routed, or the gov't blocked their /25.

• @WSS said:
    Like, you know, deciding to block it..

These are all KVMs, so I have no doubt that either this person did something to get null routed, or the gov't blocked their /25.

My point was that political discussions and why a government is imposing certain regulations is relatively pointless in this case.

I assume that an IP address was blocked and considering the context this most likely happened within the Chinese network filters but as there are quite a few points unclear I was hoping the OP would clarify those.

My point was that such a request should not be necessarily instantly dismissed but can be reasonable.

• bryce said: They usually don't answer tickets at all, just close them for you.

They answered my ticket last night. A little over a day to respond and fix the problem during Christmas week is not that bad. Support was friendly and the VPS is back up.
    Although this is a very cheap service, and support response in not fast, I have not been having the same overall negative experience as some of you here.

• @FrankZ said:

bryce said: They usually don't answer tickets at all, just close them for you.

They answered my ticket last night.

Mine, too. They still haven't fixed anything, but eureka, they answered it!

• @WSS said:

@FrankZ said:

bryce said: They usually don't answer tickets at all, just close them for you.

They answered my ticket last night.

Mine, too. They still haven't fixed anything, but eureka, they answered it!

E: No. They "stopped" the wrong one and left it halted for 4 hours. Well there goes my 99.9% idle for the month.

• This VPS went down on 12/15/17. On 12/29/17, it is once again online - however, VNC doesn't work (which is a bit of a problem for a KVM at times), and they told me not to touch it.

For $10/yr, they get a "Meh."

• @MasonR said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Yes, how can I help you today sir?

MY VPS IS DOWN AND I'M LOSING MILLIONS!!!!!

Millions of... oxygen molecules in the panic?

• WSSWSS Member

For what it's worth, they ended up reinstalling one of my machines without asking within the last couple of days. Why, I have no idea- I guess someone decided to read through a now-closed ticket and chose a very-close-but-not-same machine (that was working fine), and decided it needed to be reimaged with Jessie.

Yep. It's at the point that when my shit at dedicenter goes down, I don't bother checking it, because I doubt it'll be coming back.

Save your $1/mo or whatever it is you're expecting to spend This service is NOT reliable enough to be unreliable.

• WSSWSS Member

Oh, and they turned the other one off again.. or their KVM magically crashes every couple of weeks.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

I fell for some of their Christmas offers. They cancelled my order and when I asked them for an explanation and a refund they switched to unresponsive mode.

I'm getting too old for the lowend game...

• WSSWSS Member

@brueggus said:
    I fell for some of their Christmas offers. They cancelled my order and when I asked them for an explanation and a refund they switched to unresponsive mode.

..much like their services. If you didn't get your money back, yet, I'd notify PayPal, because it's going to be another month before they respond.

Long story short: rack.sx / RackHost.co / dedicenter.com isunreliable, has poor management, and is not worth the time wasted on it, which is a shame. The hardware is OK, but their network and CPU are horribly saturated with no attempt at management, and the support team leads you to feel @cociu's rants are well versed and appropriate.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

WSS said: If you didn't get your money back, yet, I'd notify PayPal

Will do. Honestly, it's been a bit much recently...

• Northhosts disappearing into the void
    • Rocketrix disappearing into the void (got my money back via PayPal)
    • Cloudxtiny "migrating" services for four weeks
    • x3host delivering broken VPS (got my money back via PayPal)
    • Dedicenter taking orders but not delivering services
    • MSP cancelling NAT VPS + billing for domain renewals without renewing them
    • and ServerHand of course.

I'm seriously questioning myself why I'm jumping on all those cheap offers from shitty providers.

Thanked by 3uptime vovler MrPsycho
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@brueggus said:

>

I'm seriously questioning myself why I'm jumping on all those cheap offers from shitty providers.

Yep. All of my 'must be up' shit goes to NetCup when not OVH/Hetzner/DO. Most personal "must be stable" is NetCup because I'm a cheap fucker and 13ms don't matter all that much to me.

• @WSS said:

@brueggus said:

>

Yep. All of my 'must be up' shit goes to NetCup when not OVH/Hetzner/DO. Most personal "must be stable" is NetCup because I'm a cheap fucker and 13ms don't matter all that much to me.

Just ask I got some space in Philly and Lenoir. Might sort ya something if needed.

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:

@brueggus said:

>

Just ask I got some space in Philly and Lenoir. Might sort ya something if needed.

So you can hold my precious "graphic novellas" hostage?!?!! I dumped all of my Dedis, because in truth, they aren't needed. The rest are just play. I might end up dumping stuff next year and just keeping a handful of VPS, too. I'm getting tired of sharing space with buttnuggetminers. Cheers.

• I'm a good neighbore so far
    @Wss.

• So Northhosts is deadpooled?

• brueggus said: I'm seriously questioning myself why I'm jumping on all those cheap offers from shitty providers.

Or the screening process for offers is failing if that many fails happened in such a quick amount of time. Whats the point of moderating offers to protect the community when failures still slip past the nanny filter?

• WSSWSS Member

@WellGrounded said:
    So Northhosts is deadpooled?

Something like 7 months ago, AFAIK.

@doughmanes said:

brueggus said: I'm seriously questioning myself why I'm jumping on all those cheap offers from shitty providers.

Or the screening process for offers is failing if that many fails happened in such a quick amount of time. Whats the point of moderating offers to protect the community when failures still slip past the nanny filter?

Well, today we've learned what we're allowed to ask for, and what is above and beyond call. Unless the provider outright doesn't provide you a service, it's not verboten.

I've only had 2 weeks downtime with my Dedicenter KVMs (so far) out of about two months of service, so, hey, there's that.

• Please check my ticket