Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which NAT VPS to buy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which NAT VPS to buy

v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2017 in Requests

Hi,
For some small IPv6 only testing, I'm currently thinking about getting a small NAT VPS.
I'm considering between inceptionhosting and Deepnet. Which provider can you recommend?
It would be great if the admin panel were integrated in WHMCS so I don't have to remember more login data.

regards

Comments

• They're both great, and if you're asking for a direct console- every console DISCOURAGES you from using that.

@AnthonySmith is migrating to Virtualizor, but I have no idea how soon LES will be on the list of "to-do". I don't remember ever using a panel through @davidgestiondbi, beyond clicking "Reinstall" to get Debian on it.

Long story short: They're both stable LES hosts and offer amazing services at break-even prices. Each brings a slightly different locale to the mix, so it really depends on what you want.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Both Inception and DeepNet have basic task integrated to their panel. Also, we are both 2 etablished host under the LowEndSpirit familly, and recently including Mikho. You can’t go wrong with either me or Anthony, simply choose the location that matter to you, or choose them all ;)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I have integrated the Virtualizor panel inside WHMCS. One login to both billing and VPS management.

• Give @mikho 's Germany a try if you have good routes to speed.hetzner.de.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • Can I host a website in nat vps? I mean to install apache php and the website to be accessed normally?

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @WHT said:
    Can I host a website in nat vps? I mean to install apache php and the website to be accessed normally?

Sometimes.

• @WHT said:
    Can I host a website in nat vps? I mean to install apache php and the website to be accessed normally?

Depends on how you define normally and what tricks you are willing to employ to make it work normally. Generaly, yes you can. Either your provider offers HA proxy or you can use cloudflare to proxy to your IPv6 address.

• @mksh said:

@WHT said:

Depends on how you define normally and what tricks you are willing to employ to make it work normally. Generaly, yes you can. Either your provider offers HA proxy or you can use cloudflare to proxy to your IPv6 address.

Lets say a normal wordpress blog.

• @WHT said:

No problem with that as long as the specs allow it. Normal in this case refers more to being accessed on port 80 (which you can't use) so you need tricks like HA proxy or cloudflare.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

You'll need to point your zone to a public IP and setup HAProxy on the provider side- which may, or may not work, to setup CloudFlare as an IPv6-to-4 translation, or use a not-80/443 port. Virtually NO NAT service offers an SLA. If someone on your node gets the public IP flooded, your stuff goes offline too. No refunds.

If any of that frightens you, or might become an issue, you might consider not using NAT.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@WHT said:

@mksh said:

@WHT said:

You can.
    Memory is usually the limiting factor, without a gazillion plugins and an easy theme it will work very nice.

If you have the time and interest you can setup a High Availabilty site by installing and replicating the data between different locations/providers.

The LES wiki was once setup and replicated between different LES nodes.
    It was not a wordpress site but the general idea is there.

Using a monitor service and some DNS magic and you can automate the failover if something happens.

• Well seems to be complicated with zones etc.

• @WHT said:
    Well seems to be complicated with zones etc.

NAT hosting isn't for everyone. It's for the terminally cheap and clueful (or at least terminally cheap).

Thanked by 2WHT vimalware
  • @WHT said:
    Well seems to be complicated with zones etc.

At least the cloudflare approach is dead simple but then it's cloudflare, oh well...

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited December 2017

v3ng said: It would be great if the admin panel were integrated in WHMCS so I don't have to remember more login data.

I solved that problem long ago by writing it down. My login info for all VPS pop up on my screen when I hit a certain key. But paper works too. :)

Edit to add: I use both those NAT providers, and they're both excellent.

• @mikho or @AnthonySmith both great choices. @mikho has the whole crazy Viking thing going for him.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • Go for gestiondbi. Solid.