Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What providers do you go with for your production servers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What providers do you go with for your production servers?

2»

Comments

• edited December 2017

@Ishaq said:
    Don't get me wrong, I respect @Clouvider and enjoy his services. He's knowledgeable and goes the extra mile for his clients.

But what is perceived by many as "bashing" should be tuned down in order to remain professional.

Just my view, only constructive criticism from me :)

Dude, calm your freaking horses down, this place ain't no WHT where providers have their corporate tag and all of that other shit. Professional here has a completely different meaning, it literally does. The service and customer service tag still apply, but the level of douchery, horseplaying that providers will engage here has no significance meaning to most that lurk and post here.

Seriously, people act as if @Clouvider just did some big dent on his reputation. The truth of the matter is that nobody that intends on using his network GIVES A FUCK. Only those that want to get their "EXTRA" exposure to their brand will act like they care, and then later on turn around and say how he/she didn't mean to expose @Clouvider.

Oh and also , @default stop over-reacting thinking your $2-5 dollars you won't spend buying any of @Ishaq services are going to make a difference to @Ishaq. People these days, taking the whole "voting-with-your-wallet" too literal.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    Oh and also , @default stop over-reacting thinking your $2-5 dollars you won't spend buying any of @Ishaq services are going to make a difference to @Ishaq. People these days, taking the whole "voting-with-your-wallet" too literal.

Wow. You seem to have severe problems with reading but that sure as hell doesn't stop you from flaming people.

• @mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

Wow. You seem to have severe problems with reading but that sure as hell doesn't stop you from flaming people.

Care to elaborate? Or are you just taking the piss?

• @mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

He's really an ineffectual troll. Just stop responding and he'll go away.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

Hint: @default wasn't talking about @Ishaq.

• @WSS said:

Yeah, can't shake off the feeling that i just took the bait...

• @mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

No shit, I guess you are used to people arguing about one side and being completely bias about the other.

The first two paragrahs were for @Ishaq, and the last one was for @default that was replying to @Ishaq brand-exposure-pr reply.

They both were displaying a high level of hypocrisy. Hence, why I criticized both of them.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

No shit, I guess you are used to people arguing about one side and being completely bias about the other.

The first two paragrahs were for @Ishaq, and the last one was for @default that was replying to @Ishaq brand-exposure-pr reply.

They both were displaying a high level of hypocrisy. Hence, why I criticized both of them.

Oh my...

• Linode, AWS. I don't trust any low end / small companies for prod stuff.

• @WSS said:

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

A troll like yourself hides behind a screename, with a funny picture.

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@mksh said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

Oh my...

Ok.

• HarzemHarzem Member
    edited December 2017

Came here to add my two cents, I hope I'm not interrupting your drama.

SecureDragon for production level stuff, Vultr for personal stuff as well as my design portfolio and small websites, InceptionHosting and Scaleway for little servers to use as VPNs, and Backupsy for backups.

I plan to add some netcup and buyVM flavor into the mix soon.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

mfs said: This reminds me of an Uncle Sal's post :)

I posted that :P

default said: this is LET and free speech is allowed

In texans we strongly doubt...

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding, you still don't get it...

• ColoCrossing

• sorry underage kids, i dont mean to interfere this drama. But I guess for production I must say Ramnode, DO, Scaleway.

• OVH, as always.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2017

"Real" production: Google Cloud or AWS, mostly for the SLAs, more 9s needed. I prefer Google Cloud if possible since they have U2F hardware token 2FA auth for your google account, which to me matters in "real" production.

Personal production: OVH, dacentec, hostus, securedragon, DigitalOcean, atlantic.net, hopefully soon to include Clouvider when I get the chance to use them.

• Whenever I hear 'production', I think : Am I willing to pay this provider upto 3years upfront, in exchange for a 10-20% discount?
    (or none if you really really like them)
    That's the low bar for 'production' on LET.

My list(alphabetical) : BuyVM, Clouvider, Hetzner, InceptionHosting, Leaseweb, Liteserver, Prometeus brands, UltraVPS.eu.

If Ramnode pricing isn't still batshit, feel free to add it to above list