Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Sulv'd] I'm just having doubts about ftpit - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Sulv'd] I'm just having doubts about ftpit

2»

Comments

• support123support123 Member
    edited April 2013

Pubcrawler is a good researcher ,I know it.For his information,I was with incero
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8256/no-ipv4
    I had to move to CC because of IP shortage.Tophost2u is a malayasian shared hosting company which we manage.They have all those shared clients.

• @ftpit. no doubt you are from India.

Let's see how to sanitize things and make them palatable... I've commented on your offers and they seem good.

"FtpIt is the product of Nipon Bharali & Christopher S. Boggs ""

That's from the FTPIT website. Well that's good. Since Chris' name is on the domain info, why not his email or a neutral corporate one? Cause others will get the willies over this rightly. I mean your email leads to a pandoras box of things.

!(http://www.ftpit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dc2-300x219.jpg)

What the heck is that? That isn't "your" datacenter, nor Colocrossing Buffalo. Clean that up :)

• @lbft, Spencer I think has always been civil / steered clear :) I wouldn't be surprised by anything though.

Maybe 25% of hosts are green or naive and mislabel info, use info attached to other negative things, etc. Vast majority of stuff I stumble into though is nested deceit. Rus Foster style bullshit. Shellopolies.

Any time I sniff something in Buffalo, I start looking at it hard. Surprised folks are still trying to sell Buffalo. Can't imagine there is much interest there. I mean it use to be like 15ms to NYC, now since they went cheap on the bandwidth and put XO (blackeye bandwidth) in, it's like 30ms to NYC... Pitiful.

• @pubcrawler said: If this is Christophers company, then why doesn't Chris have his own email/register his own domains?

This and the domain expiration date is exactly what made me doubt them.

edited April 2013

@pubcrawler domain has been renewed just now and email updated.
    haha Design will updated soon.Please wait 10 more days ,everything should be cleaned by then.I in no mood to clean that wordpress theme right now since we will remove them all ;)
    Here is my partner,we consider each other as brother.There is nothing like he will scam me by taking away the domain.We have all access to each other,so much is the trust between us.We are in joint venture in all of our coming projects.

• @jarland said: Everything I own is locked with passwords, keys locked behind second passwords, all capable of remote wiping. Hefty but virtually unnoticeable video surveillance with redundant remote archiving. Guns that aren't made for hunting food, have them to prevent the need to use them. Security is cheap these days, no reason not to go the extra mile to be safe, and lying is just not as fun.

Is your virginity really all that important to you? :>

• @ftpit said: we consider each other as brother

• skirtTightskirtTight Member
    edited April 2013

Anyways, sorry @ftpit, I should've been more careful and actually looked properly.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@skirtTight My wife is, and given that I don't trust half the idiots I open myself up to, I'll be a serious problem for anyone who ever takes anything personal and comes toward me with malicious intent. Being overly cautious is cheap and simple these days.

• See now that @skirtTight was entirely valid thing to bring to the table. Good find, as others surely saw such and might have went shopping elsewhere.

Impressed with @ftpit quick response and fix of the issue.

(subtly sliding FTPIT to the good provider stack)

I still think @jarland should setup lowend school tutorial/video/etc. for new hosts. Would eliminate lots of hard learning.

• @jarland said: @skirtTight My wife is, and given that I don't trust half the idiots I open myself up to, I'll be a serious problem for anyone who ever takes anything personal and comes toward me with malicious intent.

Like taking away your virginity?

• VPS1

256 MB RAM
    25GB disc
    300GB bandwidth
    1gbps Port
    Hardware RAID10 w/ BBU write caching
    OpenVZ
    $2/month
    RDNS Setup on request.
    TUN/TAP available.

https://secure.ftpit.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

That's a heck of a promo...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@skirtTight Exactly.

• Lol i thought it's "ft pit", just realize it's actually "ftp it".

• @pubcrawler said: See now that @skirtTight was entirely valid thing to bring to the table. Good find, as others surely saw such and might have went shopping elsewhere.

ilu2

• @pubcrawler We set up everything in a hurry.Now trying to clean up those.Thanks to all for speeding the process and letting me know the issues

• bnmklbnmkl Member

@ftpit said: We have all access to each other, so much is the trust between us.

• @budingyun It is like "Google it"

• @budingyun, yep, easily read that way also :) It's a nutty name sort of, but hey, they'll morph. Most do :)

Glad this was all easy/quick/friendly. I edited some details out and glad to select edit posts above to eliminate any details....

• @bnmkl what I meant is account access,not like that ;)

• What dem boyz doing @bnmkl? Better be praying or something with that eye closed mumbo chumbo.

• PrestigePrestige Member
    edited April 2013

@skirtTight said: Would you look at that, I was wrong.

• Hey, @pubcrawler: first of all, thanks for driving Chris mad and making you a coupon! ;-)

Second, you may want to save your energy for some of the bigger hosts here who have fake addresses and presumably fake names. This one is as transparent as it gets.

edited April 2013

@mpkossen everything has been cleared here :) We have nothing to hide or fake,only mistake we did is representation was wrong which has been corrected now.

• @ftpit said: @mpkossen everything has been cleared here :) We have nothing to hide or fake,only mistake we did is representation was wrong which has been corrected now.

I know :-) I just wanted to share my thoughts with pubcrawler.

Thanked by 1support123
    edited April 2013

@mpkossen haha it is ok. @pubcrawler is one of the best detectives here!!

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited April 2013

This is one of the reasons that I love LET :)

Thanked by 1support123