Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-4C (i5) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Flash sale: KS-4C (i5)

Comments

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Will be launched the 20/12/2017 afternoon (GMT). Stay tuned :)

• @ninzo59 said:

Can anyone (from any country) order or its for EU only??

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Umair said:

@ninzo59 said:

Can anyone (from any country) order or its for EU only??

Should be able to order from any country. Yet, it will be only on FR website, or through link that @Leonn has published in this topic (taking the ref and adding it at the end of URL from another kimsufi website)

• @ninzo59 said:

Afternoon is a broad definition :)

Anything more specific maybe? Where did you find it?

• @Neoon said:
    Well, since some people already ask, 200H/sec with the i5, 3 threads.

18$ on the current XMR price, and you pay 12.99 + VAT in EUR

13EUR are already 15$, so close to 0% profit.

If Bitcoin drops, it pulls XMR also down, and your margin is gone.

If you pay 8.99 or 10.99 for it, you still make a bit profit but otherwise just for mining, at 12.99 + VAT, no.

Also, keep in mind, you paying 9.99EUR Setup fee + VAT and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee. Its even a loss in the first months.

Thanks. any good gui clients for mining XMR? Thanks.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@plumberg said: any good gui clients for mining XMR?

GUI clients? You're going to waste them precious hashes on a GUI?!

• @MasonR said:

What would be a good non-GUI then? And is there any good pool to mine?

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

What would be a good non-GUI then? And is there any good pool to mine?

I use xmrig. Usually get a slightly higher hash rate over xmr-stak. Not sure about pools to join as I use a solo pool.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • Look at all of you scrubs wasting CPU power on buttcoins while I'm kicking ass on RC5.

Thanked by 2spammy szarka
  • @MasonR said:
    I use xmrig. Usually get a slightly higher hash rate over xmr-stak. Not sure about pools to join as I use a solo pool.

Just curious, what would be the advantage to solo-mine though? I thought that's much slower (even compare to the share you'd get from a pool)?

Genuinely curious as I am looking to do this to get some coins to subsidize my server costs (on dedis of course).

edited December 2017

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

Just curious, what would be the advantage to solo-mine though? I thought that's much slower (even compare to the share you'd get from a pool)?

Genuinely curious as I am looking to do this to get some coins to subsidize my server costs (on dedis of course).

It's slower indeed, but the whole block is yours when you get one (6+ XMR). It's more of a lottery too as you need to get lucky to get a block. I got 2 in my first month of mining so I stuck with it.

If you want to pursue it, use monero-stratum to spin up your solo pool. But if your total hash rate among your machines is low (<2.5kh/s), then it'd be better to stick with a public pool.

Thanked by 2spammy vimalware
  • @MasonR said:

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

It's slower indeed, but the whole block is yours when you get one (6+ XMR). It's more of a lottery too as you need to get lucky to get a block. I got 2 in my first month of mining so I stuck with it.

If you want to pursue it, use monero-stratum to spin up your solo pool. But if your total hash rate among your machines is low (<2.5kh/s), then it'd be better to stick with a public pool.

How many machines and cpu (cores) you used to get 2 blocks in one month?

@WebGuru said:

@MasonR said:

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

I have two dual e5-2670 servers at home doing most of the work (1kH/s each) and various other dedis that could spare some cycles. My total hash rate is typically between 3k and 4.5k depending on what's running at the time. But I think it had more to do with luck than anything else.

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited December 2017

@MasonR said:

@WebGuru said:

@MasonR said:

@spammy said:

@MasonR said:

I have two dual e5-2670 servers at home doing most of the work (1kH/s each) and various other dedis that could spare some cycles. My total hash rate is typically between 3k and 4.5k depending on what's running at the time. But I think it had more to do with luck than anything else.

ok cool thanks for explaining

• @Neoon said:

@psycholyzern said:

@Neoon said:
    ...and XMR has 0.02 Transaction fee.

Wut? I just transferred some amount 2½ hours ago and the fee was 0.003150980000. Just select lower priority to get cheaper fee.

Depends, some mining pools force 0.1 or 0.2 fees, which have 0.1 payout, but most mining pools I found have something like 0.5 payout which is quite a lot and takes long to mine.

Oh you mean pool fee? The fee usually is very low. I am using supportxmr and the fee just 0.6%.

• @MasonR said:
    Not sure about pools to join as I use a solo pool.

Any benefit over public pool?

• today 20 December 2017 GMT :
    still Désolé, ce serveur est en cours de réapprovisionnement.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Yup, I wonder what time zone they're using.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Kinda sucks it's for their France datacenter only.

• @MikeA said:

Cheapest location, of course.

@WSS said:

@MikeA said:

Cheapest location, of course.

Even I want a shit cheap Kimsufi once in a while.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • MikeA said: Kinda sucks it's for their France datacenter only.

For the US link I get "loading please wait" followed by nothing. For the other links it goes to "being restocked" after a while.

Thanked by 1netomx

@willie said:

MikeA said: Kinda sucks it's for their France datacenter only.

For the US link I get "loading please wait" followed by nothing. For the other links it goes to "being restocked" after a while.

BHS one is priced normally still, I doubt they would do it if they haven't taken the time to update main site price, there's also no flash sale page for the NA site.

So yeah, oh well.

• MikeA said: Kinda sucks it's for their France datacenter only.

I expected I could rent Canada, that's sucks if only France available

• France is interesting because it would let me upgrade my KS-2E for pretty cheap. In fact I could probably pay the difference by mining, though that's tacky enough that I probably wouldn't.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Never get a dedicated before since I don't really need it, thinking to get one for backup purposes and at the same time mining crypto to cover part of the cost, but is this counted as abuse?

I know there isn't any neighbour but it will consume more electricity etc. I can't really find the AUP on Kimsufi website, I am still thinking on how to make use of the 16GB RAM

• @FAT32 said:
    Never get a dedicated before since I don't really need it, thinking to get one for backup purposes and at the same time mining crypto to cover part of the cost, but is this counted as abuse?

Of course not. It's a dedi. You can consume all the resources there are including CPU. How you do that is nobodies business.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@mksh said:

Of course not. It's a dedi. You can consume all the resources there are including CPU. How you do that is nobodies business.

Basically I can do anything as long as I don't abuse their network or attack other servers? But how about grey area like cracking an encrypted file?

I hope there is a link to their AUP, I can't find it stated anywhere on the website.

• @FAT32 said:
    But how about grey area like cracking an encrypted file?

There is nothing about this is in the AUP. I can tell you this without even looking. It might somehow fall under illegal activity depending on laws and stuff but in the end noone cares as they can't see what your server is doing. So as long as there are no complaints you can practically do whatever you want.

• @FAT32 said:
    ... I hope there is a link to their AUP, I can't find it stated anywhere on the website.

The policy you're looking for is on the page below, in the document called Special Conditions for Kimsufi Servers (Article 7):

https://kimsufi.com/en/termsofservice/