Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Sulv'd] I'm just having doubts about ftpit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Sulv'd] I'm just having doubts about ftpit

skirtTightskirtTight Member
edited April 2013 in General

I don't have anything against people from the middle-east, at all, so if it looks like a do, try to disregard it.

Do note, that this is in no way, to be taken seriously.
It's just a speculation, made up without any hard evidence.

I just noticed that ftpit.com expires on July 08, 2013. Still, no big deal. I just thought that a serious service provider would've booked a domain much longer. Just saying. Just saying.

Their name servers point out to tophost2u.com, they appear to be a shared hosting provider. Which happens to be weird too, but then again, it might just be a coincidence.

A simple whois gives me this:
Administrative Contact:
Boggs, Christopher [email protected]
FTPIT.COM
2400 Ghent Ave
Dayton, Ohio 45420
United States
+1.9372177676

Technical Contact:
Boggs, Christopher [email protected]
FTPIT.COM
2400 Ghent Ave
Dayton, Ohio 45420
United States
+1.9372177676

I just find it really weird, that a Christopher Boggs, has an email with some middle-eastern name.
Looking up that email simple leads me to:
A guy called Nipon Bharali.
https://www.facebook.com/nbharali Apparentaly, ftpit's facebook page.
A LOT of sites, most of them online shops (And a few containing items that look as if they were made for a middle-eastern market.)
norisha2u.com linmuslimahdesign.com lamor-2.com skiyn.com, and so on.

I just thought that this Bharali guy might've used Christopher Bogg's name simply because a quick google supports a bunch of successful people, don't really know.

This doesn't really say anything, it just makes me doubt the identity of ftpit's owner/staff, and I'm just thinking that it's another one of those summer providers or w/e you call them.

Then again, I'm just saying, I'm really, just saying.

stripoff @ freenode irc

Comments

• India isn't even in the "middle east"

• @superpilesos said: India isn't even in the "middle east"

Then pretend it is (you get my point), I can't make out the difference as I don't really know a lot of indian names and such.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

If you check the about us page, it shows that him and christopher boggs are running it : http://www.ftpit.com/about-us/

@skirtTight said: Their name servers point out to tophost2u.com, they appear to be a shared hosting provider. Which happens to be weird too, but then again, it might just be a coincidence.

I think it is another business of him ? The entire /24 is assigned to him http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-198-245-66-0-1

• Like I said, it's just a silly speculation.
    I just wonder if christopher boggs really exists, and the domain expiration just really confuses me too.

• Check on whitepages.com
    christopher boggs does live at the address listed on the site

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Nipon is the owner. Not sure who the Christopher guy is.

• Would you look at that, I was wrong.

We're friends on Facebook. I don't know his qualifications to be honest, but he's a nice guy.

• Yeah, I was just wrong.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

skirtTight said "an email with some middle-eastern name."

How the f*ck is Bharali a middle eastern name?

superpilesos "India isn't even in the "middle east"

There's a certain segment of the American population who think everyone who lives in the region from Turkey to Bangladesh is Middle Eastern/Arab/Muslim/etc...probably the same 47% of Americans who can't even find India on a map.

skirtTight said "I don't have anything against people from the middle-east, at all, so if it looks like I do,"

the existence of this thread makes me think otherwise.

• @DomainBop said: How the f*ck is Bharali a middle eastern name?

idk lol

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2013

Do me/us next! I'm/we're extremely easy!

• @Damian said: Do me/us next! I'm/we're extremely easy!

Jealous of the free promotion? :P

• @Damian That thing look funny. :D

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

I agree with @jarland we are both friends with him on facebook and he seems like a nice guy.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited April 2013

Roger W Boggs
    2400 Ghent Ave
    Dayton, Ohio 45420

---> Roger = Christopher's father

• But @skirtTight there's more sh!t that doesn't add up:

[email protected] =

You have that affiliated with:
    http://bgp.he.net/dns/norisha2u.com#_whois
    Registrant Contact Details:
    delima tech
    maria hasnida ([email protected])
    17 jalan austin heights 1/22
    johor bahru
    Johor,81100
    MY
    Tel. +60.073572144

Oh yeah and it keeps giving:

Same ties into tophost2u.com

Domain Name: TOPHOST2U.COM
    Created on: 27-May-11
    Expires on: 27-May-14
    Last Updated on: 24-Nov-12

Registrant:
    Delima technology
    77 jalan danau 22
    Taman desa jaya
    Johor bahru, Johor 81100
    Malaysia

Administrative Contact:
    hasnida, Maria [email protected]
    Delima technology
    77 jalan danau 22
    Taman desa jaya
    Johor bahru, Johor 81100
    Malaysia
    +60.0127432000

• That's funny @serverian... Shamefully. This company is another one of those nested Russian Doll bullshit things too.

• lbftlbft Member

The fun doesn't start until @pubcrawler starts looking into @Spencer's PytoHost :)

• bnmklbnmkl Member

• Hello
    everyone let me clarify the issue
    I am Nipon here,I am the owner of FtpIT.Christopher owns the domain,but I manage it mostly.Chris also funding me .I am from India orginally,but Christopher is from Ohio.
    we privately provide shared hosting to lots of clients,all the site listed by @skirtTight are our shared hosting clients site.I know the domain expiration issue.I will resolve it asap.Actually that domain was idle in Chris accounts for a long time ,before we start using it.We are both real people here. @pubcrawler that is Chris father.

edited April 2013

Sounds straight forward to me. I like a straight shooter.

• support123support123 Member
    edited April 2013

@pubcrawler that Malaysian company hosts with us.We provide management to them

• tophost2u.com --> mname: ns1.tophost2u.com rname: bharalinipon2.gmail.com

See the email match there too :)

Where is it hosted?

198.245.66.33 > 198.245.64.0/21 > AS36352 > ColoCrossing

On IP block controlled by B2 Net Solutions Inc.

You have same email matching here:
    Domain Name: STUDYINDIAEDU.COM
    Created on: 30-Mar-12
    Expires on: 30-Mar-14
    Last Updated on: 31-Mar-13

Registrant:
    Nipon Bharali
    Milanpur
    Guwahati, Assam 781300
    India

Administrative Contact:
    Bharali, Nipon [email protected]
    Milanpur
    Rangia, Assam 781354
    India
    (362) 120-0580

Technical Contact:
    Bharali, Nipon [email protected]
    Milanpur
    Rangia, Assam 781354
    India
    (362) 120-0580

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1681.HOSTGATOR.COM
    NS1682.HOSTGATOR.COM

Oh there we have Brarali Nipon with matching email address... and India address... Ho hum...

• @pubcrawler I am from India originally as told before.That was my site,currently hardly operating it

• If this is Christophers company, then why doesn't Chris have his own email/register his own domains? It's just downright strange to go about hording domains like that. Plus zero stopping disgruntled partner from absconding with the domain.

Folks really need to speak with Jarland about how to operate a legitimate company that does things right. Believe me, I have shovel ready to dig :)

• @pubcrawler not really,we both own it.Also we are in many other venture,this is a part of it.I am with jarland taking tips from him ,do not worry about it.He is a real helpful guy :)

edited April 2013

@pubcrawler You mean how I give my address to anyone who asks and have a door mat that says "come at me bro?" ;)

Everything I own is locked with passwords, keys locked behind second passwords, all capable of remote wiping. Hefty but virtually unnoticeable video surveillance with redundant remote archiving. Guns that aren't made for hunting food, have them to prevent the need to use them. Security is cheap these days, no reason not to go the extra mile to be safe, and lying is just not as fun.