Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have NY BuyVM? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have NY BuyVM?

2»

Comments

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

Don't tell me I just missed new stock! I checked DoesBuyVMHaveStock and stock is available on the 512MB and up OpenVZ plans. Either all the 128MB plans have been snagged or there weren't any. Either way, arghhh!!!! I do have the IPXCore and I got one of Reliable Hosting's 512MB plans in Baltimore, but neither is ideal. How did I miss this?

• @DStrout said: "we know everyone wants our stuff, so we're going to make a bunch of rules to make ourselves feel even more exclusive"

Yeah, I asked about some policies and I got that vibe :P

@jarland said: High volume business at low cost is done by low overhead, requiring consistent and blanket policies.

That makes sense but you have to find a reasonable middleground :P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@DStrout said: Don't tell me I just missed new stock! I checked DoesBuyVMHaveStock and stock is available on the 512MB and up OpenVZ plans. Either all the 128MB plans have been snagged or there weren't any.

There was a couple.

We aren't trying to be snobby, sorry. Alas, because we get a lot of people wanting to signup, abuse can also be a really big issue (usually spam or skiddies wanting protection for their booters).

Aldryic has to lay down the law to keep things in order. If you provide correct details (or you provide proof that your completely wacky details are 100% accurate), then your order will get through without much issue.

Given the size of our company, we literally get a couple spam complaints a month and that's entirely because Aldryic's policies keep things clean.

He's always improving them and seeing how he can make things more painless for the user. At this point you have to be giving some pretty terrible details to get flagged, like:

Street: China
    City: China
    Province: China

Yes, this happens more than I'd care to count.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Aldryic has to lay down the law to keep things in order. If you provide correct details (or you provide proof that your completely wacky details are 100% accurate), then your order will get through without much issue.

Yeah, I was told that no matter what the paypal name must match the account name. That saddens me as I do use a shared paypal due to the fact I don't have a CC.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You could ask the person to sign up if you are still after service.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: You could ask the person to sign up if you are still after service.

Ok, I understand why you have your policy and I respect that :P
    I may look into it soon. (Your 128M yearly KVM looks very interesting)