Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Message from ServerHand
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Message from ServerHand

TaoronTaoron Member
edited December 2017 in General

Dear LowendTalk;

I started ServerHand in July 2016 in an attempt to slowly build a hosting company. VPS services finally got off the ground in June of 2017. On Black Friday I offered a KVM hosting plan that quickly overwhelmed me, and I thought based on the few dedicated hosts I had purchased in the past I could expand and weather the storm. 120 VPS later ($1200) I found myself needing to quickly expand my dedicated servers and didn't factor in the long term cost of these servers. I panicked.

Folks are asking where the money went -- here's a breakdown --

$755 of this money went to Quadranet for three E3 hosts, and an order for an e5 to attempt and host these customers. (e5 was to replace all the servers since they were adding up fast and the quality wasnt great

$200 went to ReliableSite for an E5 host.

$124 went to Exelion for existing server bill.

$20 went to Callcentric for business phone.

When the storm passed, and I realized that in retrospect I did not have the experience to handle growth from 30 clients to 150 clients overnight.

Where do we go from here:

• I decided, given cost, shutting down the Quadranet E3 hosts was the best thing to do.
  • I am going to refund all 120 users who purchased services. It would be extremely helpful if people didn't dispute the charge -- you've got 180 days -- and disputes will slow down repayments for others.

• I expect to refund folks based on purchase time/date through Paypal. As the funds were mostly depleted by the hosting partners, I am literally self-funding refunds. I have a check being deposited today into my account at :4pm today. Refunds should start going out shortly after that.

-- ServerHand

Thanked by 1that_guy

Comments

• And this, is why unfortunately you limit the amount of orders on certain deals. You’ve found out the hard way. Atleast you’ve provided some honesty instead of sitting in silence about the situation, which is much worse but from the amount of threads it may be too late?

• LeeLee Veteran

Well now that he has posted this, perhaps not go through all the other two posts again here, how about giving him the time to start evidencing the refunds are happening and he is putting it right?

• too late to excuse

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

HyperSpeed said: Atleast you’ve provided some honesty instead of sitting in silence about the situation, which is much worse but from the amount of threads it may be too late?

In fact, he already tried multiple times in the other threads and got tackled by various people.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • We can hope but he's seen the double edged sword of LET: extremely helpful for your business but we'll turn on you with the quickness when stuff like this happens.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • LeeLee Veteran

All gone to shit now anyway with the other new thread, sigh...

• @doughmanes said:
    when stuff like this happens.

Stuff like this is beyond normal however.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • You're already screwed, invest the remaining 101$ in bitcoin and watch it crash.

Thanked by 1lontong
  • You already have another stage for your bad performance. You don't need a further one.

This discussion has been closed.