Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for rackspace experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for rackspace experience

Just wanna know if any of you had used rackspace before. Please share your experience.

Someone I knew recently encountered issues.

Comments

• Found some review on Trustpilot. Don't get the wrong idea though, bad reviews on Trustpilot doesn't mean it's a bad provider. Usually, mad clients leave reviews at a much higher rate than happy clients. However, it can give you an image of what they lack, if anything.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.rackspace.co.uk

• Rackspace can be decent depending on what you're using them for, although they're on the expensive side. Which of their products are you looking at?

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited December 2017

@emgh said:
    Found some review on Trustpilot. Don't get the wrong idea though, bad reviews on Trustpilot doesn't mean it's a bad provider. Usually, mad clients leave reviews at a much higher rate than happy clients. However, it can give you an image of what they lack, if anything.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.rackspace.co.uk

my friend team personally tested them and they aren't bad for the service but recently encountered support issues. Just wanna find out if any other has different issues.

@dougs said:
    Rackspace can be decent depending on what you're using them for, although they're on the expensive side. Which of their products are you looking at?

Ya, they are on expensive side. His team was just testing compute and support level.

• jlayjlay Member
    edited December 2017

Good services but they're expensive. They sell their support as added value, but in my opinion it has gone down in quality over the years. I used to work there and without going into any detail, it's not as 'fanatical' it once was.

• I’ve worked with them extensively at enterprise level. If that’s the area of experience you’re interested in, PM me and I’ll share some of my perceptions.

• Yes , my old company was having all production servers on Rackspace and didn't face any issues in my experience. They support was also very good. Last year I used their email services for another client and that was going smooth.

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

@dougs said:
    Rackspace can be decent depending on what you're using them for, although they're on the expensive side.

That has to be the understatement of the year.

Rackspace is very premium. This is the wrong forum for that.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I've only used their hosted e-mail briefly, but I never had any issues and support was fast. Can't imagine there being big issues with what they provide.

• jhjh Member
    edited December 2017

Their cloud servers are a bit meh IMHO - better services and lower costs with AWS/Azure. Their email services are great and also very reasonably priced. Not used their enterprise services.