Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debian 7 Coming May 4th or 5th
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Debian 7 Coming May 4th or 5th

NickMNickM Member
edited April 2013 in General

Was just announced to the debian-devel-announce list today. The main reason I'm bringing it up is to remind everyone to make sure your sources.list files are pointing to "squeeze" not "stable" if you don't want to upgrade when it's released.

Comments

• MunMun Member

YEAH Debian 7 :D

• vedranvedran Veteran

Finally

• Sadly no OpenVZ kernel for 3.* :(

• Should i update or wait first when it release?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I suppose you can already move to testing then upgrade, but why not wait a few days.

@vedran said: Finally

Yeah, while I liked 6 a lot, this is a bit late.
    I understand some things will not work @William, but that is hardly the fault of debian maintainers. After all, support will continue for squeeze.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited April 2013

Yeppers, about time... Been running testing for eons with various huge failures... Tired of compiling half of what I need... 7 should reduce my compile needs... That's a good thing.

• We went to Ubuntu LTS for a lot of our internal stuff. It's been far too long. Might consider moving back later.

• @William said: Sadly no OpenVZ kernel for 3.* :(

Gladly!

• NeoNeo Banned

Already on Rasberry PI ;D

• Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss, finally.

<3

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

What's Debian???

• :~# cat /etc/debian_version

Already using it.