Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS provider suggestion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS provider suggestion

letrocksletrocks Member
edited December 2017 in General

====== CLOSED - FOUND IT =====

I have several VPSs with several providers (Thank you @virmach and @ssdnodes).
I am looking for a VPS with following min specs. I plan to use it for development purpose only (scm, containers, ci/cd server etc..)
4GB RAM,
40GB SSD,
1TB BW (I doubt that I will use that much),
2 vCPUs 2.5GHz+,
US Location,
1 IPv4, (If possible also IPv6 but not must).

I have seen off the self prices from many reputed providers (virmach, buyvm, ovh, etc).. but they are wayyyy out of my budget for the 4GB ram plan. Any suggestions and ongoing special offers from decent providers?

Thanked by 1VirMach

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@letrocks , would you consider a vps located in UK?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We do still have a working coupon on an old offer for our 4GB package.

• letrocksletrocks Member
    edited December 2017

@vmhaus said:

I can. Are you aware of latency from the US West coast?

• letrocksletrocks Member
    edited December 2017

@VirMach said:

That is awesome, but the SSD size is 25GB for the 4GB package. I don't care about that much of the BW but I do care about little more storage.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

@letrocks said:

@vmhaus said:

I can. Are you aware of latency from the US West coast?

You may test the latency to your location from our London Network looking glass here http://lg.thn2.vmhaus.com

If you are fine with the network, we could do the below specifications for $0.0191/hour or $14/month

4GB DDR4 RAM
    4 x Shared CPU Cores (E3-1270v6)
    50GB NVMe Storage
    16TB Bandwidth (We dont really enforce unless its being abused)
    1x IPv4
    1x IPv6 /64 block
    DDoS Protected

• FireVPSFireVPS Member, Patron Provider

Can you drag your budget to $12/mo

Let me know.

• @letrocks said:

@VirMach said:

That is awesome, but the SSD size is 25GB for the 4GB package. I don't care about that much of the BW but I do care about little more storage.

I think it’s 50gb now

Thanked by 2VirMach letrocks
  • You may test the latency to your location from our London Network looking glass here http://lg.thn2.vmhaus.com

100 pings round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 247.413/373.840/483.359/63.211 ms
    It is a no go for 300ms+ latency

NVMe is great but comes with the cost. I can't afford to pay $14/month for some dev vps. May be for prod hosting when current service is up with other provider.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

@letrocks said:

You may test the latency to your location from our London Network looking glass here http://lg.thn2.vmhaus.com

100 pings round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 247.413/373.840/483.359/63.211 ms
    It is a no go for 300ms+ latency

NVMe is great but comes with the cost. I can't afford to pay $14/month for some dev vps. May be for prod hosting when current service is up with other provider.

For a dev VPS it's going to be hard to find a reliable 4GB RAM, 40GB SSD, and 2 cores for <$10, lower your requirements for development. The deal vmhaus gave is very good.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • @MikeA said:

For a dev VPS it's going to be hard to find a reliable 4GB RAM, 40GB SSD, and 2 cores for <$10, lower your requirements for development. The deal vmhaus gave is very good.

For couple of reasons, it is not a good fit for me. A) Latency B) Cost.
    For what it has to offer it is an exceptional price. However I cannot afford to pay that much for another VPS, given I am already paying for several other VPSs. So it is not a good match for me.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@letrocks said:

@MikeA said:

For couple of reasons, it is not a good fit for me. A) Latency B) Cost.
    For what it has to offer it is an exceptional price. However I cannot afford to pay that much for another VPS, given I am already paying for several other VPSs. So it is not a good match for me.

Ok can you work with 2GB RAM? That will open up a load of more offers.

• @MikeA I have several VPSs from virmach and other providers. They perform very well for the price. As I indicated I don't care about very high IO. I can live with 200MB/s IO SSD.

The link from @virmach worked. $7/month for 4GB VPS with 50GB storage. Once again @virmach has my business. Thank you all! Consider this as closed.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @AnthonySmith from Inception Hosting, very highly recommended

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith