Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

non-leb?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

non-leb?

dylziezdylziez Member
edited April 2013 in General

Anyone can recommend the server?

At least one in each location (can be multiple providers):
Orange, Irvine, Fullerton or Los Angeles (CA) - NOT san diego, NOT san jose, etc.
Portland, OR
San Francisco, CA - NOT sj/sac

REQUIRED:
IPv6 native, at least /112 (no single IPs, nonnegotiable)
IPv4 min 1 (SWIP if possible)
512MB RAM
10-15GB disk (must be able to scale up to accomodate demand)
KVM/VMware/etc -- **NO fake virt, nonnegotiable*

This is a slave database server, general internet traffic should not hit it.
No ddos risk, no protection is needed
There will be more inbound than outbound traffic.

Prefer $10-30 USD 

Comments

• LA: NodeDeploy -- check if they offer IPv6. There's also Hostigation, who I know offers IPv6 though I'm not sure if it's single or more.

Both KVM.

• Just curious, why no San Jose? A lot of traffic from San Francisco goes through San Jose.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@mnpeep said: why no San Jose?

I bet you'd love it if he requested SJ ;)

• dylziezdylziez Member
    edited April 2013

@mnpeep said: Just curious, why no San Jose? A lot of traffic from San Francisco goes through San Jose.

The replication masters are in SF, Oakland and LA. One is at AWS's Portland location, which is why. Would prefer serious providers of at least several years.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

I'd recommend RAM Host (comes with a /112 IPv6, and can do custom plans/upgrades), but they seem to be out of stock in LA right now. Not sure what the ETA for new stock is, but I can strongly recommend them, and they've been around for a few years now :)

• hostigation

• Los Angeles- Host Virtual (vr.org)

serious providers of at least several years.

Host Virtual fits that description

• @DomainBop said: Los Angeles- Host Virtual (vr.org)

Got any more suggestions? :)

• Got any more suggestions? :)

Not really for SF or Portland.

San Francisco- nothing that's even close to the $10-$30 range. GoGrid has a DC in SF and are excellent but they are expensive

Portland:

• OpusInteractive (VMware, Portland, started out as an ISP in the mid 90's) are good but way above your price range.
    • DirectSpace just introduced a VMware cloud VPS line that is affordable but they are single homed to Hurricane Electric and their recent LEB openvz offers received bad reviews.
  • @RobertClarke said: I bet you'd love it if he requested SJ ;)

Nope, I was just curious.

• KakashiKakashi Member
    edited April 2013

We'll (corgitech.com) be able to sort out the LA location for you at the lower end of your budget at the LA location. The Basic package will fit your needs : http://corgitech.com/linux_vps.html

• Already have stuff in quadranet :(

• @ihatetony

Of course, all our servers have IPv6, most native. The couple of data centers that don't have IPv6 have tunneled HE IPv6

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran