Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited December 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    @ServerHand even though your business decisions are going to cost you a lot. Shit happens man, and the LET community is ruthless for these kind of stuff. They all are ready to pull out the pitch forks ready to massacre you with useless negative comments, making you look like you acted in bad faith("bait-and-switch").

At the end of the day, who cares what 2 or 3 bad apples are going to say about your business. They have no stake in it, and are quick to throw the first stone when things go bad for certain providers.

I feel like you underestimated the amount of fraud the LET community brings when you as a provider offers a heavily discounted offer here. Nobody is looking at it from your point of view, they aren't looking at your books and seeing the massive amount of fraud you have right at your front door from exposing your company here.

Nah... none of those members throwing the pitchfork at you cares about that, they only care about the "LET buyers" now, later on they will be posting on another thread caring only about the "LET providers". They are all hypocrites.

I hope that this business decision won't hurt you main business in the long run , or cripple you. Good luck @ServerHand, only you know what is best for your company.

Quit licking his ass you hoe.

It's nothing to do about certain providers or anything, he has literally made an offer, decided to switch it for something different and costs a lot more and won't provide people refunds and you think this is alright?

LUL.

Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • LeeLee Veteran

ServerHand said: @AnthonySmith Sorry but you're wrong. I have refunded a bunch of people already and I just don't have any more cash to refund with.

Chargebacks are coming your way then.

Thanked by 3jar AnthonySmith Pwner
  • @ServerHand said:

@WSS said:
    Simple. Recheck all current "Budget" clients and terminate them with cause for doing bad things. Except, if they haven't. The way to properly do this is to "crash" the "shared storage" and give them weekly fsck updates until nobody cares anymore.

CPU limited down to 5? Real shitbox?

Get a cheapy from VortexNode, force them all on 5% OVZ with one core and plain HDD.

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • ServerHand said: We're not able to run it are giving clients till the 1st of next month to help us find a suitable solution to continue here.

The suitable solution here is to chargeback to recoup the money spent and find another provider.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @6ixth said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    @ServerHand even though your business decisions are going to cost you a lot. Shit happens man, and the LET community is ruthless for these kind of stuff. They all are ready to pull out the pitch forks ready to massacre you with useless negative comments, making you look like you acted in bad faith("bait-and-switch").

At the end of the day, who cares what 2 or 3 bad apples are going to say about your business. They have no stake in it, and are quick to throw the first stone when things go bad for certain providers.

I feel like you underestimated the amount of fraud the LET community brings when you as a provider offers a heavily discounted offer here. Nobody is looking at it from your point of view, they aren't looking at your books and seeing the massive amount of fraud you have right at your front door from exposing your company here.

Nah... none of those members throwing the pitchfork at you cares about that, they only care about the "LET buyers" now, later on they will be posting on another thread caring only about the "LET providers". They are all hypocrites.

I hope that this business decision won't hurt you main business in the long run , or cripple you. Good luck @ServerHand, only you know what is best for your company.

It's nothing to do about certain providers or anything, he has literally made an offer, decided to switch it for something different and costs a lot more and won't provide people refunds and you think this is alright?

LUL.

It is a business decision, shit happens. What do you suggest he should do if he doesn't have enough money after refunding some clients? Pull money of his ass? Learn to run a business, fail like he did then comeback and open your big fat mouth. You are watching this from the sidelines, so it is easy to be opinionated about the situation.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@6ixth said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

LUL.

It is a business decision, shit happens. What do you suggest he should do if he doesn't have enough money after refunding some clients? Pull money of his ass? Learn to run a business, fail like he did then comeback and open your big fat mouth. You are watching this from the sidelines, so it is easy to be opinionated about the situation.

No, it's easy to know I wouldn't offer a server that I knew wouldn't be sustainable. The offer shouldn't have been made if they weren't prepared to keep it, it's literally as simple as that. People like you is what let's these providers get away with it.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said: Nah... none of those members throwing the pitchfork at you cares about that, they only care about the "LET buyers" now, later on they will be posting on another thread caring only about the "LET providers". They are all hypocrites.

Speak for yourself.

That people who bought plans on BF/CM are disappointed is completely understandable, and my main complaint until now is that the email was too light on details and I don't like having to open a ticket for details that should have been communicated in the email in the first place.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    @ServerHand It is less than 30 days, just hit cancel and refund, it is very easy to find them, credit is not a refund, you clearly don't have cash flow issues if you are hiring new staff so please... don't treat people like they are stupid, don't be a complete con artist, refund.

@AnthonySmith Sorry but you're wrong. I have refunded a bunch of people already and I just don't have any more cash to refund with.

If you can't refund then you should provide the service for the duration that was sold. Did you just not bother to do the math and figure out what it would cost you to provide what you sold?

Not refunding does feel like a bait and switch. Frankly it doesn't much matter if it actually is, being functionally equivalent is bad enough. It's okay to make mistakes but you'd better own up to them in full and put yourself on display for your customers if you want to keep any of them and prevent chargebacks. This isn't a time to be professional, it's a time to be vulnerable and excessively honest.

(That reminds me I have a few more refunds to process for mxshared)

• @jarland said:

@ServerHand said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    @ServerHand It is less than 30 days, just hit cancel and refund, it is very easy to find them, credit is not a refund, you clearly don't have cash flow issues if you are hiring new staff so please... don't treat people like they are stupid, don't be a complete con artist, refund.

@AnthonySmith Sorry but you're wrong. I have refunded a bunch of people already and I just don't have any more cash to refund with.

If you can't refund then you should provide the service for the duration that was sold. Did you just not bother to do the math and figure out what it would cost you to provide what you sold?

Not refunding does feel like a bait and switch. Frankly it doesn't much matter if it actually is, being functionally equivalent is bad enough. It's okay to make mistakes but you'd better own up to them in full and put yourself on display for your customers if you want to keep any of them and prevent chargebacks. This isn't a time to be professional, it's a time to be vulnerable and excessively honest.

Did you know that the Chinese take posts here and repost them on other forums?

@ServerHand said:

@jarland said:

@ServerHand said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Did you not?

• @ServerHand said:

@jarland said:

@ServerHand said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Now that was a classic trying to change the subject LOL.

• @6ixth said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@6ixth said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

LUL.

No, it's easy to know I wouldn't offer a server that I knew wouldn't be sustainable. The offer shouldn't have been made if they weren't prepared to keep it, it's literally as simple as that. People like you is what let's these providers get away with it.

Like I previously stated, @ServerHand didn't calculate the amount of fraud that came with those offers. Why do you think he has no more money to refund? Because those fees that resulted from fraud charges ate up all of his budget. Shit happens, they are not worrying about how many people are trying to screw them over, while trying to offer a good deal to the LET community.

Remember, there are a lot of bad threat actors roaming the offers category looking for unsuspected new providers like @ServerHand.

I just feel bad for @ServerHand, nobody here has shown one ounce of support, everything is painted as he has acted in bad faith.

Like I have previously stated in one of my last posts, schadenfreude runs high here.

• ServerHand said: Did you know that the Chinese take posts here and repost them on other forums?

Welcome to LET.

Thanked by 2lbft coreflux
  • This is literally what happened. I posted, someone reposted my offer. It wasn't going to fit on the one server in LA I had.

edited December 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    Like I previously stated, @ServerHand didn't calculate the amount of fraud that came with those offers. Why do you think he has no more money to refund? Because those fees that resulted from fraud charges ate up all of his budget. Shit happens, they are not worrying about how many people are trying to screw them over, while trying to offer a good deal to the LET community.

Remember, there are a lot of bad threat actors roaming the offers category looking for unsuspected new providers like @ServerHand.

I just feel bad for @ServerHand, nobody here has shown one ounce of support, everything is painted as he has acted in bad faith.

Like I have previously stated in one of my last posts, schadenfreude runs high here.

Sold a service, is cancelling it prior to end of contract, is not offering refund.

You can dress it up however you like, but that announcement and his statement did not appeal to anyone's humanity or ask for anything resembling forgiveness or understanding. You're the one doing that, why is he not?

If we should truly feel bad for him, he should be the one asking for it and telling his story. All I'm hearing is that he didn't limit stock and wishes he had. Hardly going to have trouble sleeping tonight after hearing that story.

• WE HAVE OUR FIRST VICTIM OF BLACK FRIDAY 2018 EVERYONE!

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

@jarland said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

Sold a service, is cancelling it prior to end of contract, is not offering refund.

You can dress it up however you like, but that announcement and his statement did not appeal to anyone's humanity or ask for anything resembling forgiveness or understanding. You're the one doing that, why is he not?

If we should truly feel bad for him, he should be the one asking for it and telling his story. All I'm hearing is that he didn't limit stock and wishes he had. Hardly going to have trouble sleeping tonight after hearing that story.

I'm working on resolving the mistakes made. This thread is moving too fast to keep up. Everyone is making assumptions but no one knows what happened.. except maybe one person.. he has admin access to my panel.

I've refunded as much as I can right now, I didn't say I wasn't going to refund anyone else, I just can't at this point in time.

I should also note that everyone still has their service online. I haven't changed one thing yet.

• @jarland said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

In a way, it could be seen as bankrupting.

I understand, perhaps I'm more forgiving.

If we should truly feel bad for him, he should be the one asking for it and telling his story.

That would be a much better way to go about it instead of trying to burn him at the stake. Maybe he hasn't asked and started being as docile as the community wants him to be, but he is at least replying and trying to offer his point of view. However, the whole LET community is literally just throwing stones at him(metaphorically). Not one is giving him a chance to speak up.

• No needed credit, I want to order from somewhere else. If you have no clue when offering cheap services then clients are not guilty. Refund!

• I've been pleasantly surprised by the budget server in Piscataway (for BF $10/year) and imagined a long-term relationship. (I guess that the Chinese prefer LA.) Disappointed that the relationship will be over so soon.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

lol

1. Posts BF deal.
    2. Takes in a bunch of sales.
    3. Can't handle it.
    4. Backs off, trying to refund some but can't refund all. Where did the money go anyway?
    5. LET drama
    6. Profit (for me)
  • @angstrom said:
    I've been pleasantly surprised by the budget server in Piscataway (for BF $10/year) and imagined a long-term relationship. (I guess that the Chinese prefer LA.) Disappointed that the relationship will be over so soon.

Sigh, NYCNODE001 and DALNODE001 are on Virtpanel and won't be affected. This is only Quadranet servers.

• @ServerHand said:

@angstrom said:
    I've been pleasantly surprised by the budget server in Piscataway (for BF $10/year) and imagined a long-term relationship. (I guess that the Chinese prefer LA.) Disappointed that the relationship will be over so soon.

Sigh, NYCNODE001 and DALNODE001 are on Virtpanel and won't be affected. This is only Quadranet servers.

Wait, so you mean that those with a VPS in Dallas or Piscataway are okay and nothing will change for them on January 1st?

• @angstrom said:

@ServerHand said:

@angstrom said:

Wait, so you mean that those with a VPS in Dallas or Piscataway are okay and nothing will change for them on January 1st?

Correct. This is only meant for those with VPSs on a server from Quadranet, There's only one server in Piscataway that is used for VPSs.

• LeeLee Veteran

ServerHand said: Did you know that the Chinese take posts here and repost them on other forums?

Did you know that it's possible for WHMCS to set a limit on the number of plans sold so that if something happens like people rushing to buy a very cheap deal then you can control it?

It is really all coming across that you screwed up, poor controls.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

Don't start a business if you can't handle 3 years of losses... otherwise you are an irresponsible.

• @Lee said:

ServerHand said: Did you know that the Chinese take posts here and repost them on other forums?

Did you know that it's possible for WHMCS to set a limit on the number of plans sold so that if something happens like people rushing to buy a very cheap deal then you can control it?

It is really all coming across that you screwed up, poor controls.

WHMCS also has no innate ability to directly block different countries from using specific billing gateways without external modules.

I'd hate to actually try to survive in this community. I'd probably end up giving North Korea the nod.

• @ServerHand said:

@angstrom said:

@ServerHand said:

@angstrom said:

Correct. This is only meant for those with VPSs on a server from Quadranet, There's only one server in Piscataway that is used for VPSs.

Well, this is some good news at least, but at the same time, not at all inferable from your email. :-(

• @angstrom said:

@ServerHand said:

Well, this is some good news at least, but at the same time, not at all inferable from your email. :-(

You might want to send another update to those affected, and ask @raindog308 to clarify the subject line.

• @angstrom said:

I totally get that and I apologize. I'm trying to keep the company going, and the plans listed previously are not sustainable. That's what you can infer from that email. The money coming in is not enough to cover expenses.