Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup BlackFriday deal returns. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup BlackFriday deal returns.

Comments

• Then just order one and leave something for the rest of us.

• moni099878moni099878 Member
    edited December 2017

@Amitz said:
    Then just order one and leave something for the rest of us.

I haven't bought one, why can't I refresh it?
    Sorry , I may have misunderstood you.

• Just to clarify that both the vServers and the Root Servers are KVMs. (The names may seem a bit confusing at first.) The Root Servers are KVMs with dedicated resources (think buyvm's slices), whereas the vServers are KVMs with shared resources.

My vServer at netcup works well, but I also have realistic expectations of it.

• moni099878 said: I haven't bought one, why can't I refresh it?

Ah, okay. Sorry for being a bit harsh. It is sold out for the moment. That might be the reason. They will probably restock during the day.

• So I think they don't seem to be replenishment once in 5 minutes.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2017

moni099878 said: So I think they don't seem to be replenishment once in 5 minutes.

No, they don't.
    They restock 3-4 times a day and then, while there is stock, you can only order one of them every 5mins.

• its in stock just now.

• seenu said: its in stock just now.

Not here.

• seenuseenu Member
    edited December 2017

when its exactly 12PM CET they are in stock.

nobizzle said: just read a tweet of netcup which says it will be restocked at 12pm CET and 6pm CET..

>

• pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2017

THEY DIDN'T RESTOCK WHAT IS THIS SHIT

• @jezznar said:

@FredQc said:
    I have a smaller "Root server" and it perform better.

I actually cancelled my root server because it gets throttled and my plex wasn't performing well. At first it rocked so hard but after a day of utilizing it, the performance degraded heavily.
    Nonetheless, I would take it again in the future but not for transcoding-heavy apps.

i can confirm that, performance drops ~50% when using the "dedicated" cores 24/7 on 100%

• @seenu said:
    when its exactly 12PM CET they are in stock.

nobizzle said: just read a tweet of netcup which says it will be restocked at 12pm CET and 6pm CET..

>

What is the time in UTC (12PM CET )?

• @lemon said:

@jezznar said:

@FredQc said:
    I have a smaller "Root server" and it perform better.

I actually cancelled my root server because it gets throttled and my plex wasn't performing well. At first it rocked so hard but after a day of utilizing it, the performance degraded heavily.
    Nonetheless, I would take it again in the future but not for transcoding-heavy apps.

i can confirm that, performance drops ~50% when using the "dedicated" cores 24/7 on 100%

It's demicated cores.

• @moni099878 said:
    What is the time in UTC (12PM CET )?

12:24

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 1ehab
  • People outside of EU, do you see 19% VAT applied? Because I do.

• ping @falzo as he seems to be affiliated with/works for them.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2017

@asv said:
    People outside of EU, do you see 19% VAT applied? Because I do.

Yes, netcup charge German VAT to people outside of the EU (adopting the conception of a server as a service provided locally). This issue was discussed more than once in earlier threads. If you find this unacceptable, best to cancel right away.

Edit: German VAT is already included in the advertised prices.

• @asv said:
    ping @falzo as he seems to be affiliated with/works for them.

against all rumors I don't. just using their referal program, as I am a satisfied customer and do think they offer a lot of ressources for the price and decent performance.

for the VAT issue see @angstrom comment above...

• pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2017

The fuck just happened they didn't restock... or am I too late again?

edit: cmon! I keep refreshing since 35minutes and nothing...

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

It seems to me they didn't restock as well... I was just - uh - checking their page casually, you know

at 18:00 CET

and again at 18:01

and again at 18:05

Thanked by 1pike
  • You guys make me laugh with your "out of stock" comments XD

• @mfs said:
    It seems to me they didn't restock as well... I was just - uh - checking their page casually, you know

at 18:00 CET

and again at 18:01

and again at 18:05

Yeah me today at 12 and 18 CET...

• Wow, ok I will quit refreshing their page now. Seems they fucked up and I should look arround for another provider.

• @pike said:
    Wow, ok I will quit refreshing their page now. Seems they fucked up and I should look arround for another provider.

I understand your disappointment, but it was a sale item, limited in number, they never said that everyone would be able to get one.

• @angstrom said:
    I understand your disappointment, but it was a sale item, limited in number, they never said that everyone would be able to get one.

They said they would restock at 12 and 18. They didn't or the stock was that small it was gone in <1min...

• I've got one at 18:00 Germany time.
    They announced the restocks on their twitter. Check it out :)

But still not delivered :(

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2017

fuck my life.

• You're not really missing anything- they're highly pointless.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • @WSS said:
    You're not really missing anything- they're highly pointless.

Says the guy who never buys discounted KVMs.