Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long to get IP numbers from host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long to get IP numbers from host?

wilbowilbo Member
edited April 2013 in General

How long does it usually take to get IP numbers from your host for a dedicated server with justifification? An hour? Day? Week? Month? I was with my last host for 6 years, they kept my server on and I never had to talk to them. How long would be a normal time to wait? I have no point of reference.

Comments

• Depends on many things, like how much IPs do you want and how much the provider has. Could be forever, especially in Asia or Europe.

• wilbowilbo Member

13 IPs in the U.S.

• jhjh Member

Depends on the provider but shouldn't be long.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

Usually no more than 1-2 business hours. depends on provider.

• Yes, 13 IPs in the US shouldn't be a big problem.

• wilbowilbo Member

So a week in way out of line?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2013

If it takes a week they should at least give you a very good explanation why it takes so long.

• yes if they are still accepting new orders for servers. Unless they have a very good explanation.

• I assume you're actually with a host that's left you waiting for a week on the IPs? If so, what host?

• wilbowilbo Member

I called them after not being able to get any action by their ticketing system today and was told that the network engineer was out all month because of his wife's health issues. They have no idea when I will get my IPs.

• .. And what happens if someone orders a new server? "Sorry, your server is set up but you can't access it because our network engineer is out for a month"

• wilbowilbo Member

They're still taking orders for new servers. I dunno. I think I'm going to look for greener pastures if I don't hear anything soon.

• i would run.... run fast....

• GaryGary Member

Wow, you'd think they'd at least have a freelancer who could help out. Or, you know, more than one guy working there with any actual ability.

Grab your data and run.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Name and shame or do you not want to?

• With the proper justification, most providers should allocate you new ip addresses within 24-48 hours. For many of our customers, we allocate within 2 business days.

• JacobJacob Member

Lol @ only one guy can use VLANS. That's pretty terrible!

• wilbowilbo Member

I'd rather not say who it is. If someone is sick I don't want to make things worse. It was not my intention to smear a company's name and reputation when I asked. I decided to get out of there and have ordered a server from Wholesaleinternet.com .