Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are people growing impatient day by day ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are people growing impatient day by day ?

hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2017 in General

Seems like people are growing impatient day by day . One customer service was not setup within 1 hour , so disputed in paypal. Another having their router issue or something and our cpanel server was not loading at his PC , so posted review in a website within 24 hours .
Not to forget the daily dose of impatient people here in this forum which is increasing day by day .

Poll not found

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yes.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
      edited December 2017

Yep, the 'now' generation has access to money these days, it has been increasing for a number of years now, it will be the new normal soon and dinosaurs will die.

Don't forget, it goes both ways though!

I was just talking to someone not long ago about how when I was a kid in the 80's/early 90's I would think nothing of walking to a friends house just to see if he was in, a 45 - 60-minute walk 1 way, can you imagine kids doing this now?

It would be a txt, IM/DM and if no reply in 5 minutes they might as well be dead, and 'those kids' that grew up with instant availability with comms are now adults.

• I didn't have time for this thread.

• Millenials

• deankdeank Member, Troll
      edited December 2017

I am expecting class action lawsuits against the God because pregnancies are lasting too long and unreasonable for the mother and baby. They will cry all the way to the Supreme court.

Thanked by 2hostdare vimalware
    • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Most of the time when I formulate a detailed response, people just skip it and ask a question which was answered in the response. If only people would take a couple seconds to read...

Thanked by 1Abdussamad
    • @CConner what happens when you formulate a detailed response?

The new gen don't read. I bet one penny that they will eventually ban reading.

Having said that, a way to get them read is making short replies because their attention span is that of an ant. They even came up with "tl; tr".

Thanked by 1hostdare
    • tl;dr pls

Thanked by 1hostdare
    • Nah is just that this forum is so "let's protect the poor providers" because they are so over-worked poor them for making the wrong business decisions.

Shit, if you are going to be advertising in a place where there are so many cheap fucks, whom are very impatient and expect top notch support no matter the price, then stop offering 75% discounted products. You will only attract the wrong customer, reduce your revenue, and increase the workload you have to do to please these new customers that will only bring you more headaches.

Differentiate your brand, and stop asking for pity when suddenly you get a stampede of cheap impatient bastards buying your deeply discounted shit when your selling your shit for 50¢.

On the real, so many newly minted hosts have no basic business acumen. They straight up damage their brand, then train these monkeys to wait for these unbelieveable heavily discounted products. Then when these new hosts have enough and kick these customers out or stop accepting new customers, these customers will move to the next dumb ass host that makes the same mistake.

Just look at Ramnode and Buyvm, are they offering coupons of heavily discounted products? Nah... they learned their lessons and stop doing that for years. Even online.net didn't offer heavily discounted products this black friday, they knew they would attract the worst kind of customers.

Thanked by 3cccat sithrebel15 BlaZe
    • Don't tell me what to do.

edited December 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding that's is for sure a factor in the context of hosting and this forum, but as a whole I don't think people are as patient as they were 20 - 30 years ago, that's just the way it is though when people are brought up with nearly instant access to so many things, waiting is a drag.

i remember getting web hosting and a domain in the late 90's took about a week to be sorted and I thought that was FAST!

Thanked by 2hostdare cccat
    • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
      edited December 2017

This has nothing to do with the promo offer . In fact we have received many orders but not a single issue .

This was waybbefore that promo posts and just a recent observations based on posting here . All these person who are mentioned in this post ordered normally with normal pricing and not LET customer .

• Poor customer attitudes is why I retired out of the industry. I don't miss it one bit. I think a lot of the problems come from cut and paste knowledge where users aren't understanding how basic things work. I remember my generation's use of manuals and even laminated cheat sheets.

Thanked by 2WSS iki

Well, LET represents low lives. We all are low lives here. We are the worst of the humanity.

Thanked by 2cccat sithrebel15
    • edited December 2017

@deank said:
      The new gen don't read. I bet one penny that they will eventually ban reading.

It's not just the latest generation that doesn't read anything. Most people don't bother reading more then the first sentence regardless of age, or they just skim the pictures. Small words, short sentences, pictures, and only one topic when communicating with people because most have the comprehension ability of a kindergartner.

TLDR: People are illiterate fucks.

Thanked by 1that_guy
    • Fucking millenials

• when someone blows their life savings on your $10/yr hosting plan it better be up in 5 minutes.

• This is social media's fault, everything is instant now. Instant news, instant thoughts, instant coffee, instant dates, instant servers.

Thanked by 1Lunar

And instant grief.

Good grief. Long live LET. Love the stupid drama.

• @AnthonySmith said:
      @IAlwaysBeCoding that's is for sure a factor in the context of hosting and this forum, but as a whole I don't think people are as patient as they were 20 - 30 years ago, that's just the way it is though when people are brought up with nearly instant access to so many things, waiting is a drag.

i remember getting web hosting and a domain in the late 90's took about a week to be sorted and I thought that was FAST!

Right, let's go and reminiscent on the past like people used to say how fast the telegraph was compared to the Pony Express. Your argument is baseless, as the internet was nothing compared to what you have now. No shit it would take a week, how many players were there in the 90's ? How big was the open source community?

People have always been as impatient as always, it has never changed, not a bit. Just the mean of communication has changed so drastically that you have providers stuck in the 90's speed.

You have the fucking cloud right in your front door, and you still want to take a 1-3 days to setup a server and consider it fast. Nah... if your shit ain't ready in less than 1 days new customers are going to complain. They aren't used to 1 week setup like you were in the 90's , they want that shit now, as in yesterday.

That is why is so hard to compete in the hosting business, cause if your shit is not automated or you don't have a seamless process then you are destined to endless headaches and eventually doom.

Thanked by 1sithrebel15
    • LeeLee Veteran

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Just look at Ramnode and Buyvm, are they offering coupons of heavily discounted products? Nah... they learned their lessons and stop doing that for years.

I don't think so, they got to a size where they did not need to offer heavily discounted products to attract customers. That aside they both offer at least 2 good products that fit the Low-end market anyway.

People are becoming more impatient daily, its the new world, the expectation that everything should happen instantly. Live with it.

• edited December 2017

@Lee said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Just look at Ramnode and Buyvm, are they offering coupons of heavily discounted products? Nah... they learned their lessons and stop doing that for years.

I don't think so, they got to a size where they did not need to offer heavily discounted products to attract customers. That aside they both offer at least 2 good products that fit the Low-end market anyway.

In other words, nobody thinks about the customer's pain. Everybody here is basing their opinion from the provider's point of view, while making fun of the customer's woes at the same time.

Then, on top of that, you have peeps such as @Nekki, @Yura, and @WSS that copiously indulge in schadenfreude as an escape from their own personal problems in life.

edited December 2017

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Right, let's go and reminiscent on the past like people used to say how fast the telegraph was compared to the Pony Express. Your argument is baseless

It is not an argument, it was just my opinion, you know like as if we were having a conversation, I obviously misjudged that. cba with a "I am right because you are wrong" tit for tat today, so I will just agree to disagree.

• YuraYura Member
      edited December 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
      Then, on top of that, you have peeps such as @Nekki, @Yura, and @WSS that copiously indulge in schadenfreude as an escape from their own personal problems in life.

Thanked by 1WSS
    • LeeLee Veteran

IAlwaysBeCoding said: In other words, nobody thinks about the customer's pain. Everybody here is looking it from the provider's point of view, and making fun of the customer's problems.

To a point, I do agree with that. The all too often war cry on here when someone complains about poor service is "you get what you pay for". Well, that is not true in all cases.

None of us volunteers to pay $2 for a service, that is what providers price it at. If it says on the website they guarantee this or that then unless it specifically states "except if you bought this for $2 on LET" then they should deliver what is advertised. Can't? Why the fuck are you offering that then?

Of course, there are some downright impatient dicks on here that complain without good reason and can't wait long enough or have unreasonable expectations.

Here is an example, until today my wall had nothing on it, I gave @francisco a mention for Buyshared in a thread for someone looking for reseller hosting, go look at my wall...

Thanked by 1sithrebel15
    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Lee said: Here is an example, until today my wall had nothing on it, I gave @francisco a mention for Buyshared in a thread for someone looking for reseller hosting, go look at my wall...

I'm sorry.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    • LeeLee Veteran
      edited December 2017

@Francisco said:

Lee said: Here is an example, until today my wall had nothing on it, I gave @francisco a mention for Buyshared in a thread for someone looking for reseller hosting, go look at my wall...

I'm sorry.

Francisco

Yeah. Not your fault, an impatient dick..

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132499/buyshared-net-is-headache#latest

:)

No, everything IS his fault.