Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Justice cPanel server 30 hours down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Justice cPanel server 30 hours down

AlphaRacks Justice cPanel server 30 hours down and they did not give me a specific idea if how long it takes their undergoing a filesystem check. Do you think guys this is good image for all my hosting clients? I receive a flood of emails and calls from my client since yesterday but I'm dead right now. Please bite my neck and give me a fresh blood.

Comments

• papadock said: I'm dead right now.

This is basically it. My experience with them is that I get tons of down times and never really hear anything. I have to manually reboot my VPSs and the next thing I know, they're down again.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

It is impossible to say how long an fsck will take, did they tell you why it was triggered, that is the more important thing.

• papadock said: I receive a flood of emails and calls from my client since yesterday but I'm dead right now.

Welcome to the brutal lesson about backups

I've seen fscks take days on VPS nodes. Just sayin'

• Question is why people still uses Alpharacks for important stuff?

Thanked by 2ariq01 JustJon
  • @imok said:
    Question is why people still uses Alpharacks for important stuff?

Cheap.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

@WHT said:

@imok said:

Cheap.

It's very silly to have "Cheap" as top priority for selection of specific service!

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @WebProject said:
    It's very silly to have "Cheap" as top priority for selection of specific service!

You remember where you are, right? I don't see any silly "CORPORATE" member tags.

• @WebProject said:

@WHT said:

@imok said:

Cheap.

This is the only reason people register there by ignoring all scary reviews.

• Since moving to a hosted mail provider and flagging AlphaRacks as spam, I haven't had an intrusion in months!

@WSS said:

@WebProject said:

You remember where you are, right? I don't see any silly "CORPORATE" member tags.

I know that everyone looking for cheapest service, but what do you prefer hosting service with 30% uptime SLA at $1 per month or decent/reliable service at slightly more cost?

• @WebProject said:

@WSS said:

@WebProject said:

I know that everyone looking for cheapest service, but what do you prefer hosting service with 30% uptime SLA at $1 per month or decent/reliable service at slightly more cost?

Thanked by 1WebProject
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@WebProject said:

@WSS said:

@WebProject said:

Ok, not providing any SLA or service with 30 hours downtime!

• @WebProject said:
    Ok, not providing any SLA or service with 30 hours downtime!

AlphaRacks got you covered, baby.

Thanked by 2WebProject doghouch
  • 4 days downtime already, and not any ETA for service back, this is not normal !!!

https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/index.php?rp=/announcements/18/Emergency-FSCK-Check---Justice.html

Hopefully I dont have any important client there but this is really unacceptable.

• 3 Days no > @NANO said:

4 days downtime already, and not any ETA for service back, this is not normal !!!

https://www.alpharacks.com/myrack/index.php?rp=/announcements/18/Emergency-FSCK-Check---Justice.html

Hopefully I dont have any important client there but this is really unacceptable.

@NANO I feel you!!

• I have an account too on that server.

edited December 2017

3 days of downtime and host without any backup plan? sounds to me they lost all the data only. Do they backup customer accounts to the same hard drive?

• @WebProject said:
    3 days of downtime and host without any backup plan? sounds to me they lost all the data only. Do they backup customer accounts to the same hard drive?

This smells on corrupted raid0.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • doughmanes said: I've seen fscks take days on VPS nodes. Just sayin'

we had 27 days and finnaly we renunciate , depend of the raid amount.

• @cociu said:

doughmanes said: I've seen fscks take days on VPS nodes. Just sayin'

we had 27 days and finnaly we renunciate , depend of the raid amount.

Most of these providers are somewhat technically competent, though.

• Remember the golden rule! Faster, cheaper, better - pick two! Err, or is it only pick one...

• I've seen, working in support, a fsck take longer if there was issues with the hardware RAID controller. Not saying there is, just recalling from experience.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2017

Yep, some of my non-important websites are on that node. Not that I use them for production, but I really expected something better, even for the budget company that they are.

• Its in Quadranet. Right?
    Can Adam help us?

• @Intelpentium0 said:
    Its in Quadranet. Right?
    Can Adam help us?

Nope the server is not his companies once some one else rents it. Matters not that it is in his D.C., whatever is going on is between them and AlphaRacks not the people that bought from AlphaRacks and Quadrant.

• Still down since Dec 6. Great :-)

• @papadock said:
    Still down since Dec 6. Great :-)

When you buy cheap hosting, you have to expect packet loss, a not so functionating DDoS protection, slow support. But you don't have to expect a website being down for four days. That's nothing but unacceptable.

• Is there a 'hall of shame' in LET?
    If yes, plz add Alpharacks to that.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Yes, Still Down.

• The justice cPanel server is currently undergoing a filesystem check.
    We do not have an ETA at this time. We will update this thread accordingly once we have more information.

As always, we thank you for your patience during this time.

UPDATE 12/7/17 10:49 PST - The filesystem check is still in progress. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
    UPDATE 12/7/17 22:56 PST - The FSCK is still actively in progress. We will update this frequently as more information is made available.
    UPDATE 12/8/17 17:58 PST - This is still in progress but we should be seeing this come to completion soon. We'll share here once more updates are available.
    UPDATE 12/10/17 00:28 PST - This is still in progress. We appreciate your patience during this time.
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017