Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interest in Windows VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interest in Windows VPS?

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nick_A said: Because I still catch people trying, among other really annoying abuses of KVM on Windows.

That's probably just me running that windows on 256mb KVM ;)

I started shutting mine down when I'm not using it, because there's no way I'm not swapping in the VPS haha.

• @jeff said: Does anyone recognize the value in a huge ecosystem? Running app support on a Windows VPS will have benefits, not the best OS, but obviously an opportunity.

Agrees, but it does also explain the higher abuse rate.

Either way. Worth giving it a go. Will keep everyone updated once it's ready. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

It's a compromise between doing something different OR going cheaper. Rather do something different.

• jeffjeff Member

@concerto49 said: Either way. Worth giving it a go. Will keep everyone updated once it's ready. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

If you don't mind the suggestion, because the need for app support in the Windows ecosystem, please consider not just plain vanilla VPS, but app hosting. You can get 100% of app revenue if you host your own app. Also many corp apps will need/want app hosting.

• one more +1 FOR your windows VPS idea concerto49

• @jeff said: If you don't mind the suggestion, because the need for app support in the Windows ecosystem, please consider not just plain vanilla VPS, but app hosting.

We already offer managed VPS, so that will be there.

We already host Atlassian applications but on Linux.

Having said that, didn't you see me mention Sharepoint? That was the whole point of this exercise :)

Thanks again.

• jeffjeff Member

@concerto49 said: Having said that, didn't you see me mention Sharepoint? That was the whole point of this exercise :)

Maybe I should have read through better, enjoying the fam.

• marcmmarcm Member

@concerto49 said: We already host Atlassian applications but on Linux.

@concerto49 - Cool! What kind of Atlassian applications? Can you please elaborate?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited April 2013

@marcm said: @concerto49 - Cool! What kind of Atlassian applications? Can you please elaborate?

@marcm We can do the whole suite. Mostly host JIRA and Confluence though since those the popular ones. Also do consulting/administration around it - performance tuning, administration work, upgrades etc of private instances of clients.

Been in the ecosystem for years. Done some plugin work and used the projects extensively.

• marcmmarcm Member

@concerto49 - Nice :) I dropped Github in favor of Atlassian. I also love Source Tree. It's much better compared to that crappy GitHub source code management application. Anyway, I don't want to go off topic here. Cool beans @concerto49 :-)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

You need 32GB Hard Disk for backup?

• @DewlanceVPS said: You need 32GB Hard Disk for backup?

It's what Microsoft recommends as min requirement for 2012. Have you read the spec?

If my plan is under the spec, then well everyone will start complaining before I even get abuses.

@marcm there's also Stash from Atlassian :)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

@concerto49 said: It's what Microsoft recommends as min requirement for 2012. Have you read the spec?

If my plan is under the spec, then well everyone will start complaining before I even get abuses.

Then what about RAM?
    Microsoft recommended to use only 512mb ram for windows 2012?

• That was the minimum.

• Yes I'm interested, It's a Windows LEB with license, wow...

• BayuBayu Member

I'm interested too, since not many LEB comes with Windows license.
    Previously, SonicVPS provide KVM VPS with windows 2003 for $7, but seems no longer available at this time.

• I need Windows VMs with 1gbps uplink and downlink port which have remote console via VNC or KVM on US datacenters with multiple tier1 upstream providers and peerings for benchmarking download and upload speeds of other servers.

• ChanChan Member

@DewlanceVPS said: Then what about RAM?

Microsoft recommended to use only 512mb ram for windows 2012?

I hope they recommend AutoBoot soon, may come in handy you never know

• BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
    edited April 2013

@imperio said: I need Windows VMs with 1gbps uplink and downlink port which have remote console via VNC or KVM on US datacenters with multiple tier1 upstream providers and peerings for benchmarking download and upload speeds of other servers.

And LEB pricing.

• i have two unused windows vps, running on 512mb ram, with win2008, my internet is slow, so when i access them, i feel them slow.

also i have one with 4GB ram, it feel much faster, but i still thinking the internet i am using, makes the difference on the speed when im on remote desktop.

• @Bogdacutuu said: And LEB pricing.

Not mandatory.