Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have NY BuyVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have NY BuyVM?

DStroutDStrout Member
edited April 2013 in General

I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to get my hands on one of BuyVM's 128MB OpenVZ boxes in New York. If anyone has one, I'd love to buy it from them/trade. I have several other nice boxes available, ask me if there's anything specific you'd like. For instance, the IPXCore 96MB box I mentioned.

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

If you don't get any offers in the meantime, I might have one available at the weekend.

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

Thanks @Nekki, I'll PM you sometime this weekend if nothing comes up.

• Your IPXcore 96mb plan can be upgraded to the 128mb plan.

• Yes, but it doesn't have IPv6.

• why not ticket Aldryic, he might be able to help you

• Ticket sent, we'll see...

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited April 2013

If you don't get a reply, I have 1. As in a BuyVM 128MB NY.

• @concerto49 said: If you don't get a reply, I have 1. As in a BuyVM 128MB NY.

You should sell it to me.

• @DStrout said: Ticket sent, we'll see...

hopefully something available. Aldryic is very nice guy

• @jcaleb said: hopefully something available. Aldryic is very nice guy

I hear Aldryic doesn't like me. I hear he's allergic to pies. I base this accusation under no data whatsoever.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@HalfEatenPie said: I hear Aldryic doesn't like me. I hear he's allergic to pies. I base this accusation under no data whatsoever.

Aldryic's wife provides him with all the pie he needs on a daily basis.

Francisco

• @Francisco Uhh... hi. Um, nice of you to stop by. I was just, ummm, kind of wondering if...

@DStrout said: @Francisco Uhh... hi. Um, nice of you to stop by. I was just, ummm, kind of wondering if...

You can ticket and see if Aldryic has something spare :)

I'll talk with him in the morning about adding some 128's since a few people want them.

Francisco

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

Response from sales:

Please refer to http://wiki.frantech.ca/index.php/stock for all stock related questions.

For live stock availability please refer to http://doesbuyvmhavestock.com

Generic messages FTW!

• Answer says it's from "Anthony".

• @DStrout said: Answer says it's from "Anthony".

When ticketing, you can say you want to direct to specific person. e.g. Aldryic of boss fran

@DStrout said: Answer says it's from "Anthony".

That'd be BZ.

He does write personalized messages when possible but some stuff is boiler plate replies.

Francisco

• who is BZ?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@jcaleb said: who is BZ?

BZ is Anthony clearly.
    Edit: and Anthony is BZ

@jcaleb said: who is BZ?

Anthony goes by 'bzImage' for an online name so we always call him BZ for short :P

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Anthony goes by 'bzImage' for an online name so we always call him BZ for short :P

i thought its because he is usually busy (bz)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@francisco I don't like bz answers, he's so mean :( why don't aldryc or you answers all the tickets, and let him just rest in his house?

@netomx said: @francisco I don't like bz answers, he's so mean :( why don't aldryc or you answers all the tickets, and let him just rest in his house?

Ah he's not that mean. He's calmed down a lot and I expect him to calm down even more once the brocade is installed.

His rage level is directly attached to the amount of tickets in his queue.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: His rage level is directly attached to the amount of tickets in his queue.

LOL at this
    Can you publish some graphs to catch him at the smallest queue of the day? LOL

• @Francisco said: His rage level is directly attached to the amount of tickets in his queue.

LOL. :D

@yomero said: Can you publish some graphs to catch him at the smallest queue of the day? LOL

Nah his every day queue is pretty small.

The problem is that he has a page or three of outstanding tickets from people asking when the brocade is getting installed. He left them all as pending/'on hold' so he can personally go back and update everyone.

I've been trying to plan a smaller outage (think < 30 seconds) but it's looking more like it'll be closer to 5 minutes due to some configuration changes Rob wants to do.

We'll see. Once I know for sure I'll book the time.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I love Anthony's ticket replies. I guess they could drive away some people at times, but I find them to be funny ;)

• DStroutDStrout Member
    edited April 2013

I'm using an IPXCore KVM in Buffalo with tunneled IPv6 from HE.net in NYC for now. I'd still prefer a BuyVM box, though. Unfortunately, I realized I'm not eligible to receive a transfer from someone else, only having been a client for a month or so :( If it weren't for the fact that they're the only provider with native IPv6 and LEB prices in the area, I wouldn't want one, to be honest. Take this however you want, but BuyVM has always felt somewhat snobbish to me. Like, "we know everyone wants our stuff, so we're going to make a bunch of rules to make ourselves feel even more exclusive". Same way I perceive Apple, but that's another story.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DStrout said: "we know everyone wants our stuff, so we're going to make a bunch of rules to make ourselves feel even more exclusive"

High volume business at low cost is done by low overhead, requiring consistent and blanket policies. Alternative is 100% personalized service and policies applied only as they feel necessary, combined with either higher prices or significantly slower support. This option, however, is only theirs to choose and they have chosen their current strategy.

• @jarland said: High volume business at low cost is done by low overhead, requiring consistent and blanket policies.

...Which is why I'll go with the small(er) providers whenever possible.