Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostUS very disappointing!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostUS very disappointing!

agungagung Member
edited December 2017 in Reviews

Previously I already had a VPS With a Netherland server, then on after BF yesterday I found out Host US has a newly launched Singapore Server.

and I'm interested in purchasing the service.
Until finally I have VPS Singapore there. I started installing Centos and cpanel OS. because the plan will move the client data on this server.

After a few days VPS singapore that I message problematic, IP does not connect so that website and cpanel can not be accessed at all.

I sent a ticket, and they said it would give a solution for 24 in the future, I waited for 24 hours, no ticket response at all, I finally Rebuild VPS os and re-install the cpanel.

After the install is complete, I open the ticket back to solve the problem Quota Cpanel NA. (Previously submitted the same ticket on the Netherland server)
and they ask to rebuild the error VPS yesterday will be activated Quota for VPS. (I have reinstalled then make this ticket, WTF)

Until now, it's been nearly 3x24 hours I DO NOT GET ANY TICKET REPLY. I suffered a loss on this purchase. VPS and cpanel unused because quota data on cpanel is written NA and I may not enable for client. while their warranty period is only 3 days upon purchase.

And the slogan "All backed by our amazing 24/7 support team." is a lie!

and I attach the last ticket at HostUS as proof
and I'm sorry, my english is bad :))

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well, that's 18 hours then 13 hours but ok.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Well, that's 18 hours then 13 hours but ok.

Not Oke, If calculated with my previous ticket that I have close

That would mean more tickets which = less time between them not more.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    That would mean more tickets which = less time between them not more.

that is not the reason for you web hosting service provider. then do not write 1x24 hours. then write if you have time to reply to the ticket. Lol

and I'm looking for further reviews on this, they feel the same here https://en.hostadvice.com/hosting-company/hostus-reviews/

Ok, so you asked for second level quotas and it's been 3 days right? Is that the whole forum post in 1 sentence?

• Very sad, much tears

• CMIIW: i think when you send a message, the ticket queue will go to bottom again.

by the screenshot, although you started 3 days ago, but you send another message before 24h, so it's not counted for 3 days ignored.

just wait their response for at least for 2 days before sending another message

Thanked by 2doughmanes Aidan
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Is this a managed service?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • LeeLee Veteran

agung said: and they ask to rebuild the error VPS yesterday will be activated Quota for VPS

You need to rebuild to activate quotas? Didn't think that was necessary.

• I hereby summon thee @AlexanderM

• agungagung Member
    edited December 2017

@Lee said:

agung said: and they ask to rebuild the error VPS yesterday will be activated Quota for VPS

You need to rebuild to activate quotas? Didn't think that was necessary.

I rebuild after my VPS does not connect. and always RTO can not be accessed. after that I ask activate second quota

but until now no respon

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited December 2017

kassle said: i think when you send a message, the ticket queue will go to bottom again.

This. You by your own actions (the OP) are causing the delay with constantly updating your ticket. Basically you are shooting yourself in the foot.

The support isn't the fastest but you'll get a response if you're not some psycho bumping their ticket all the time. Users like you are why I quit the industry.

• You know nothing. You should not be here. We will make you feel like you should not be here. Get ready.

• LeeLee Veteran

cheapwebdev said: We will make you feel like you should not be here. Get ready.

Get ready? Its already happening...

• @doughmanes said:

kassle said: i think when you send a message, the ticket queue will go to bottom again.

This. You by your own actions (the OP) are causing the delay with constantly updating your ticket. Basically you are shooting yourself in the foot.

The support isn't the fastest but you'll get a response if you're not some psycho bumping their ticket all the time. Users like you are why I quit the industry.

I hope the hosting provider always keeps promises at the time of their promo. and of course the service I take is contact person only through ticket, no livechat or phone or whatsApp.

What if the thing requires special handling but the provider is always slow in responding?

@cheapwebdev said:
    You know nothing. You should not be here. We will make you feel like you should not be here. Get ready.

Ready for What? :v

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What's with the recent flow of insanely impatient people?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

agung said: What if the thing requires special handling but the provider is always slow in responding?

You should look for a provider with more cost . You get what you pay for .

Thanked by 1DP
  • corefluxcoreflux Member
    edited December 2017

agung said: And the slogan "All backed by our amazing 24/7 support team." is a lie!

Try to get managed service dude,...

The more new tickets opened & posts, it should be take more time.

No need to wait for 24h for my previous ~$10/year services and still their ovz VM is great for that price.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2017

@agung my good chap perhaps you would permit me to suggest that you, with all due haste and deliberation, immediately endeavor to locate and promptly procure a new provider, preferably of the British persuasion, as they would be most favourably inclined to accomodate an individual attempting to jump the queue!

Also, welcome to LowEndTalk.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • hostdare said: provider with more cost

If I need VPS above $5/m and considered to be a critical mission stuff, I always choose Linode for now.

I had Hostus LA OVZ 256MB $7/y (worked very good for the price//cancelled because I don't need it anymore) and 768MB $16/y which performed well since March.

But then suddenly the CPU usage goes crazy on 27th Sept, all day long. I believe it's not caused by me so I decided to moved along with another providers. Although the VPS is seems good now, I just left it idle.

Zero ticket for the issue, because I think I already got what I paid for.

agung said: What if the thing requires special handling but the provider is always slow in responding?

I have one technical support ticket with them back in October. Without bumping the ticket, the issues are resolved within a day.

• You can do this yourself. It's just in the breeze panel under settings. "Enable Second Level Quota". The server will reboot and boom you're done.

• @hostdare said:

You should look for a provider with more cost . You get what you pay for .

I think the OpenVz cost that is on offer is about the same. I also have singapore server in DO, their ticket is same, that is long to reply to client.

Currently I'm looking for Info for KVM Singapore with priority on better support
    and my service is not 10 usd per year, but 14.5 USD / month

@coreflux said:

agung said: And the slogan "All backed by our amazing 24/7 support team." is a lie!

Try to get managed service dude,...

The more new tickets opened & posts, it should be take more time.

No need to wait for 24h for my previous ~$10/year services and still their ovz VM is great for that price.

Manage Service? for what? the VPS error is not due to the user. manage service only for people not yet familiar with VPS, usually.

@uptime said:
    @agung my good chap perhaps you would permit me to suggest that you, with all due haste and deliberation, immediately endeavor to locate and promptly procure a new provider, preferably of the British persuasion, as they would be most favourably inclined to accomodate an individual attempting to jump the queue!

Also, welcome to LowEndTalk.

Yes I know, at the moment I'm comparing the SINGAPORE KVM service

Thanked by 2hostdare uptime
  • @Coffee said:

hostdare said: provider with more cost

If I need VPS above $5/m and considered to be a critical mission stuff, I always choose Linode for now.

I had Hostus LA OVZ 256MB $7/y (worked very good for the price//cancelled because I don't need it anymore) and 768MB $16/y which performed well since March.

But then suddenly the CPU usage goes crazy on 27th Sept, all day long. I believe it's not caused by me so I decided to moved along with another providers. Although the VPS is seems good now, I just left it idle.

Zero ticket for the issue, because I think I already got what I paid for.

I have one technical support ticket with them back in October. Without bumping the ticket, the issues are resolved within a day.

Yes, usually I like that, they immediately reply only a few hours from the ticket was made, but last yesterday I waited not count of hours, but few days> @DrFallen said:

You can do this yourself. It's just in the breeze panel under settings. "Enable Second Level Quota". The server will reboot and boom you're done.

I understand. and if it works I certainly will not send them a ticket.

• Been with HostUS for years, pretty reliable for the price.

• agung said: What if the thing requires special handling but the provider is always slow in responding?

You paid for an unmanaged service and at that price, you know what you're getting involved with. Seems that IMPATIENT PEOPLE WITH NO COMPREHENSION OF "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" seem to go crazy when IF YOU SPENT MONEY, YOU COULD ENABLE QUOTAS ON YOUR OWN WITH KVM BUT YOU'RE A CHEAP GUY WITH OPENVZ.

Caps added for emphasis.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

People like OP has only one rule in their minds: "I am right and everyone else is wrong."

So, telling him truth won't work.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • I like pie.

• LeeLee Veteran

@WSS said:
    I like pie.

Me too, hooker pie.

• @Lee said:

@WSS said:
    I like pie.

Me too, hooker pie.

@WSS loves creampies.