Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

plex on a nat vps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

plex on a nat vps

2»

Comments

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited December 2017

@elofty said:

@dragon2611 said:
    I'm not convinced that Plex's remote access check is particularly reliable.

It doesnt work on a nat vps. you have to manually add the server ip to each plex client

It should if the ports are forwarded properly but I've found it's sometimes says a server in unreachable even when you can browse manually to the IP/Port and it works fine.

You can also use the publish additional URLS via "Custom server access URLs" in Network > Advanced so if they have a HTTP(s) reverse proxy for 80/443 then as long as it lets you forward to the plex port that will probably work.

You can probably also do http://ip:port but i'd imagine that will break SSL.

Edit:

The remote access check will fail if the outbound IP is different to the inbound one as Plex checks the IP that hit the plex servers.

• charoscharos Member
    edited December 2017

I used plex with nat vps about a year ago without any proxy . Just assign a manual port that is available and use iptables.
    My last (Ever)note says something like that :
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 8905 -j DNAT --to <server-local-ip-

• @pbgben said:
    Give me whatever you pay for that NAT and I will let you into LetFLIX

I knew spending more time here than i should would come with some sort of perk but this takes the cake.. Whats it gonna take to get an invite ;)