Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode security email - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode security email

2»

Comments

• @ShardHost said: If it's a visa debit card you will be protected. I am not sure about other debit cards.

MasterFag... lol

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said: This kind of thing right here goes to show you that a large and well funded operation doesn't offer a shred of safety over a competent small operation. Sure, I've made mistakes. Some of them were pretty stupid too. I've learned valuable lessons and applied them. I'm sure every small provider here would say the same.

But how many of us can afford to hire full time security experts?

Time for someone at Linode to get fired.

I'd say the biggest problem is not the security, but the lack of transparency about it. They have posted an update to their blog that is clearly intended to be a "full disclosure" kind of thing, yet a fair amount of questions has been left unanswered, and nowhere near all the claims of 'ryan' have been responded to by Linode - neither a denial, nor an admission.

• @ShardHost said: If it's a visa debit card you will be protected. I am not sure about other debit cards.

MasterCard, too.

Have peace of mind knowing that the financial institution that issued your MasterCard or Debit MasterCard card won't hold you responsible for "unauthorized purchases." Zero liability applies to purchases made in the store, over the telephone or online. As a cardholder, you will not be held responsible in the event of unauthorized purchases provided that the following conditions are met:

• Your account is in good standing.
    • You have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card from any unauthorized use. Unauthorized use means that you did not provide, directly, by implication or otherwise, the right to use your card and you received no benefit from the "unauthorized" purchase.
    • You have not reported two or more unauthorized events in the past 12 months.
  • @ihatetonyy said: MasterCard, too.

Hopefully. I've heard bad stories from my bank about unauthorized charges =/
    Thanks for the info