Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vultr takes time to verify some new accounts - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vultr takes time to verify some new accounts

Comments

• @zilch said:
    they dont allow you to control you personal data. no option to delete it completely.

Ask them and they will do. You're a complete douchebag and i pledge for a ban here. Noone wants customers like you and you even refer to this lovely place within your fucked up bullshit in vultr customer chat.

You deserve the hammer, twice!

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited December 2017

@zilch said:
    they dont allow you to control you personal data. no option to delete it completely. they just close accounts, but dont delete your data. so using nicknames is quite reasonable. I see vultr still stores my 3 years old email and paypal.

For people like you, to come back later and still have no respect or patience

• no, they wont, i've asked.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@zilch said:
    they dont allow you to control you personal data. no option to delete it completely. they just close accounts, but dont delete your data. so using nicknames is quite reasonable. I see vultr still stores my 3 years old email and paypal.

It's no longer your personal information when you give it to someone else willingly. It's now part of their business records.

I realize there are countries where that isn't true, but there are also countries where it's illegal for a woman to buy her own coffee so I don't care.

Thanked by 2leyton Amitz
  • joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@jarland said:

@zilch said:

It's no longer your personal information when you give it to someone else willingly. It's now part of their business records.

In the EU we need to save everything for 7 years

• zilchzilch Member
    edited December 2017

@fLoo Ask them and they will do. You're a complete douchebag and i pledge for a ban here. Noone wants customers like you and you even refer to this lovely place within your fucked up bullshit in vultr customer chat.

• EnumCEnumC Member
    edited December 2017

I'm pretty sure OP is just joking and being sarcastic on the ticket. Either that or he's an impatient **** who never ordered a VPS before or contacted any cs in his life. 20 minutes response time is ridiculously fast even compared to AWS/DigitalOcean. I wouldn't even expect close to that speed unless I'm paying at least $50-$200/month.

• @joeri said:

@jarland said:

@zilch said:

In the EU we need to save everything for 7 years

10 years here in Norway.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited December 2017

The system even told him that it might take up to 24h to be processed. Its the same for every company. If there is doubt, a manual check is needed to see if the client is fraudulent. This kid doesnt understand anything at all, probably 12 years old or younger, first timer at buying "my own personal counter-mine-strike-craft server YEA!!11111"

Nuff shit talk. Im out here.

• More emotions , please

• Seriously OP what's wrong with you?

• sad person

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

zilch said: More emotions , please

What are your hashtags?

Thanked by 2mksh fLoo
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

zilch said: control you personal data. no option to delete it completely

If you enter in a contract with someone and you're required to fill in your details, you have two choices:

• Read their privacy policy along with the contract, AuP and ToS and accept it

• Don't read and/or don't accept the proposed agreement, therefore don't sign up

it seems you fall within the second category. Search for providers accepting nicknames (good luck). Or, if you're that concerned about "control over your data", search for providers allegedly GDPR-compliant and/or allegedly respecting a "right to be forgotten" or similar, but don't self-entitle yourself a right to fill in fake records. You're not forced to enter in the agreement at their conditions, they are not forced to accept yours or to turn a blind eye if you're imposing yours in a fraudulent manner. It's simply disrespectful to impose your conditions unilaterally and could reasonably lead to account termination; it's even more likely so if they are required to store your details to satisfy some legal requirements.

• ^ That and I don't see any reason why someone would use a fake name to register at a reputable VPS provider. The only plausible scenario is that person knew he would get banned for sending spam email/illegal/copyrighted content, so he's trying to hide his identity.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@AnthonySmith said:

What are your hashtags?

#impatient

#dicks

#fartmother

Thanked by 3zilch WSS fLoo
  • danyasddanyasd Member
    edited December 2017

Is this some kind of reverse-advertising? Was thinking getting a vultr VPS, and I did so, just because of this thread.

Thanked by 1aeba
  • Imo the worst part is signing up with obvious fake data and then drawing the most attention he could possibly get. It's almost like he wanted them to deny his order.

Thanked by 1kassle
  • @doghouch said: @rm_ said: More importantly, did you ask them about the $2.5 instance?

... are people still too lazy to check for it’s availability. It’s available in select locations.

And I released my $2.50 instance after CM, so there should be at least one available!

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2017

@wwabbit said:

@Nekki said:
    What an absolute cunt.

What's the difference between an absolute cunt and a relative cunt?

Do a relative cunt would be someone who is a cunt relative to their immediate environment i.e. LET. You may think that there are some pretty god-tier cunts in LET and you’d be right, but there are far worse cunts in the world, which brings us on to absolute cunts.

Absolute cunts are those who would be considered cuntish no matter which environment you placed them in. Examples of absolute cunts would be Hitler, Harvey Weinstein, the Doctor who killed Michael Jackson, Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town, Michael Bay, millenials and everyone on LET Discord.

• so this is the third 'Cest Pit' thread

• I like eggs.

• @kassle said:
    so this is the third 'Cest Pit' thread

Forth, your mum is the third.

ZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!

• @Nekki said:

@kassle said:
    so this is the third 'Cest Pit' thread

Forth, your mum is the third.

ZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!

@hostdare (read: how dare) you bring my mum into cest pit

• Next he is goin to open tickets for not receiving money in his bank account within 20 minutes.

Thanked by 2hostdare AuroraZ
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

kassle said: @hostdare (read: how dare) you bring my mum into cest pit

my lion will not be happy .. do not challenge him !!

Thanked by 1kassle
  • @hostdare said:

kassle said: @hostdare (read: how dare) you bring my mum into cest pit

my lion will not be happy .. do not challenge him !!

okay mum

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@zilch is like Andy Kaufman. He's widely misunderstood, and wants to wrestle fat chicks.

@MasonR said:

@AnthonySmith said:

What are your hashtags?

#impatient

#dicks

#fartmother

Son, your time is come.

• @fLoo said:
    The system even told him that it might take up to 24h to be processed. Its the same for every company. If there is doubt, a manual check is needed to see if the client is fraudulent. This kid doesnt understand anything at all, probably 12 years old or younger, first timer at buying "my own personal counter-mine-strike-craft server YEA!!11111"

Nuff shit talk. Im out here.

Please don't insult 12 year olds... Stupid is stupid at any age! :p

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited December 2017

Thanked by 3zilch jar WSS