Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar)

FalzoFalzo Member
edited December 2017 in General

anyone missed the netcup BF sale RS 1000 plus offer (the one 10a.m.)?

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1967

6 dedicated cores, 8GB RAM, only 60GB SSD though...

they do have it today in their advent calendar again... can't tell if limited and if so, how many units will be available. it's said they are going to eventually release stock spread over the whole day.

PS: 3month term, price includes german VAT but they might not deduct it. also coupons might not work or risk the order being cancelled...

Comments

• When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

I wish it didn't cost #25 to transfer NetCup, because my VPS500 is all but worthless to me now.

@6ixth said:
    When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

Uhh... what? Pretty sure that means concurrent threads. Keep in mind that RS (RootServers) are completely different than their VPS line, which are superficially limited, and with a standard shithouse QEMU vCPU.

• @6ixth said:
    When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

dude that doesn't make sense... afaik their 'cores' are more likely 'threads' yet you can use them 24/7 ...

• Falzo said: PS: 3month term, price includes german VAT but they might not deduct it. also coupons might not work or risk the order being cancelled...

not recurring.......... :<

• @6ixth said: When they say 8 dedicated cores, you get 6 entire cores to yourself?

Where did they say 8 dedicated cores?

• Why we don't have such things in USA? Why?

• @imok said:
    Why we don't have such things in USA? Why?

We do, but they split it across 32 separate VPS at HVH.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

@jezznar said:

Falzo said: PS: 3month term, price includes german VAT but they might not deduct it. also coupons might not work or risk the order being cancelled...

not recurring.......... :<

what are you talking about? of course that is recurring, as it has always been with those kind of offers.

they sometimes have some kind of first three months free and pay after or alike but that's clearly stated. and of course that one is 8.99€ per month recurring.

PS: just to clarify, I still have an RS from last years advent calendar at 3,49 recurring going strong ;-)

• Falzo said: what are you talking about? of course that is recurring, as it has always been with those kind of offers.

they sometimes have some kind of first three months free and pay after or alike but that's clearly stated. and of course that one is 8.99€ per month recurring.

AHH CRAP! I think I wasn't able to understand it clearly OMFG. There goes my wallet

• i had one last summer of a 2 dedicated core some 400GB or more SAS, i asked them to enable some cpu flag to allow nested virtualiztion but they asked for 20 or 25€ i was disappointed and let it go, otherwise no complaints.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @jezznar said: not recurring.......... :<

It is recurring. I have the RS1000 from last year's advent and the price is the same.

• @jezznar said:

Falzo said: what are you talking about? of course that is recurring, as it has always been with those kind of offers.

AHH CRAP! I think I wasn't able to understand it clearly OMFG. There goes my wallet

haha, yeah probably their use of contract term lengths may be misunderstandable if not used to german habits ;-)

ehab said: i asked them to enable some cpu flag to allow nested virtualiztion but they asked for 20 or 25€ i was disappointed and let it go

that's pretty much how my first encounter with netcup went... couldn't resist their 640GB RS1000 offer last year though ^^

Thanked by 1jezznar
  • @saibal Jesus how many VPS do you have!? (Need more? Want those 7 1G/10G VirMachs? $50 for the lot!)

• What languages do they speak for verification call? Im not good at speaking in English and German.

• @Arirang said:
    What languages do they speak for verification call? Im not good at speaking in English and German.

Those would be the primary two.

Thanked by 1Arirang
  • @Arirang said:
    What languages do they speak for verification call? Im not good at speaking in English and German.

Binary

• Falzo said: haha, yeah probably their use of contract term lengths may be misunderstandable if not used to german habits ;-)

ehrensalve!!!!!!!!!!!!! *googled it and idk if it means anything XD

• jezznar said: ehrensalve

Thanked by 2pike Ympker
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

I'm still setting up idling some 8 VPSes from last week, I wish I had a good reason to spend ~90€/year on them

• @mfs said:
    I'm still setting up idling some 8 VPSes from last week, I wish I had a good reason to spend ~90€/year on them

nah - it's just 26.97 for the first three months. then forget to cancel early, and spend another 26.97 after for another 3 months... but after all worth it ;-)

• Falzo said: but after all worth it

you're welcome.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

@mfs said:

nah - it's just 26.97 for the first three months. then forget to cancel early, and spend another 26.97 after for another 3 months... but after all worth it ;-)

Ordered it. But why would I need to be verified again ?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @yokowasis said:
    Ordered it. But why would I need to be verified again ?

Your lack of self-confidence.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited December 2017

Maybe I should order a few of those things. Just in case

Just want to clarify. This thing is better than KS3C right ? If that's the case I will replace my KS3C with this thing

• Jesus Christ do you ever learn?

• @WSS said:
    Jesus Christ do you ever learn?

What is to learn ?

• @yokowasis said:

@WSS said:
    Jesus Christ do you ever learn?

What is to learn ?

Eat less leaded paint.

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • Okay this is so fucked up. I decide to reorder. Now I got my server activated 2 of them.

WARNING. If you want to order 1 server, DO NOT ORDER 2

Now, I am confused. I didn't get any invoice. I didn't pay anything. My server got activated.

@Falzo, is that how they works ?

• Again, less leaded paint.

• @WSS said:
    Again, less leaded paint.

So, what should I do ? should I proceed setting up my "free" server ?

or should I wait for them ?

or I don't know, eating more paints ?