Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap 384MB KVM.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap 384MB KVM.

Hello,

As the title says, I'm looking for some cheap KVM, more specifically:

• 384MB RAM
  • 1 vCPU
  • 5GB HDD/SSD
  • 0.5TB transfer
  • 100Mbit/1Gbit uplink
  • 1xIPv4
  • 1xIPv6
  • rDNS
  • KVM
  • US/EU location (EU preferred, but US will be fine too)
  • Budget: $10-12/yr

Unfortunately I missed some interesting BF/CM offers, so I decided to give it a shot over here.

Comments

• hzrhzr Member
    edited December 2017

Anywhere specific in EU? Huge place with lots of different laws and connectivity. And US is 60-100ms coast to coast.

Also use safe pointers and references.

• Tagging @wss to see if he wants to offload some of that virmach stuff.

• Unfortunately, you're late to the party mate.

• @hzr said:
    Anywhere specific in EU? Huge place with lots of different laws and connectivity. And US is 60-100ms coast to coast.

Also use safe pointers and references.

Any country which falls under "Europe" is fine (this includes UK), just like any state that falls under "US". Any latency/law differences are not really an issue when it comes to those two regions.

@teamacc said:
    Tagging @wss to see if he wants to offload some of that virmach stuff.

VirMach is only IPv4.

@bersy said:
    Unfortunately, you're late to the party mate.

One can always hope.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

Sorry, I'm out of the $4/yr specials. I had a $4.80/yr Budget+ with native IPv6, but that's been claimed by @MasonR. @vmhaus possibly has something that'll foot the bill.

• The $4/year specials were openvz iirc.

• @willie said:
    The $4/year specials were openvz iirc.

Yeah, they were. I'm still struggling to find a good reason for a KVM with that little RAM. All I've got left are 1G/10G KVMs that are about double what he's asking to pay, and they are not IPv6 native.

• bersybersy Member
    edited December 2017

null_ptr said: One can always hope.

OK, check this one then https://anynode.net/vps-kvm-ssd (ex Hostigation). Yes, I realise it comes with 256MB only, I just can't recall a better option offhand.

Another option https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2500040/#Comment_2500040 (512MB/5GB-NVMe KVM for €12/yr in UK). I'm not sure whether it is still valid @AlexBarakov

Ditto @HostHatch awesome KVM NVMe deals.

Thanked by 1null_ptr
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

WSS said: There are a few @AnthonySmith InceptionHosting KVMs that'll foot the bill.

Sadly even my little NL KVM boxes are to expensive for this with a dedicated IP :s

• @AnthonySmith said:

WSS said: There are a few @AnthonySmith InceptionHosting KVMs that'll foot the bill.

Sadly even my little NL KVM boxes are to expensive for this with a dedicated IP :s

I was inferring that he'll need to kick the budget a little higher than $1/mo if he wants anything other than Aruba.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @bersy said:

null_ptr said: One can always hope.

OK, check this one then https://anynode.net/vps-kvm-ssd (ex Hostigation). Yes, I realise it comes with 256MB only, I just can't recall a better option offhand.

Another option https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2500040/#Comment_2500040 (512MB/5GB-NVMe KVM for €12/yr in UK). I'm not sure whether it is still valid @AlexBarakov

Ditto @HostHatch awesome KVM NVMe deals.

Good offers, thanks.

There's also another one, 256MB KVM, for $12: https://my.pieserv.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=76 -> 256 MB RAM 1 CPU core 10 GB RAID 10 Disk space 500 GB traffic on 1Gbit

We'll see, if I can't find anything else, I will pick one from above.

@WSS said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I was inferring that he'll need to kick the budget a little higher than $1/mo if he wants anything other than Aruba.

Come on Legolas, why such pessimism, @bersy has shown it's possible.

• @null_ptr said:

legolas so totally wishes he had my beautiful locks.

Not too many are going to be interested in the bargain-basement range of loss leaders after giving away insane deals several days ago. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? Possibly.

Thanked by 1yywudi
  • @null_ptr said:

>

Show me a thread where @WSS has being optimistic, and for every one that you show me I'll wax a part of my body. You won't find me hairless, that's for sure.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

null_ptr said: We'll see, if I can't find anything else, I will pick one from above.

Well if 256 mb is enough you could take a look at the UK KVM's here: https://inceptionhosting.com/vpsukkvm.html

Thanked by 1null_ptr
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

Dedicenter has a $9/yr 512MB deal still available in LA. Or,. hell, the 1G is only $10/yr. Don't forget to check out LowendStock.

Thanked by 1null_ptr
  • WSS said:

Dedicenter has a $9/yr 512MB deal still available in LA. Or,. hell, the 1G is only $10/yr.

Holy cow, they have some amazing offers still open (see black friday and 2017 special tabs). But some of them say Sharktech: is that the company that's in some drama thread with Rectified? I'd be hesitant if it's connected, unless that situation sorts itself out.

Anyway, no more VPS for me for anytime soon, I hope. I got way too many on BF/CM.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I can do it in Dallas but I am outside the budget :(.

• @willie said:
    Holy cow, they have some amazing offers still open (see black friday and 2017 special tabs).

They're cheap, but the network is either decent, or hammered. I'd only consider one for a smaller project - I had snagged a couple to replace my Tragic OVZ nameservers that are going offline weekly, now- but I can't trust the network to get UDP packets back and forth quick enough. I wouldn't host anything production with them. Small projects, sure.

Sharktech is likely who they're reselling, which is the company that seems to be currently holding rectifieds' hardware hostage.

• WSS said: Small projects, sure.

Not for me then. I'm setting up a web-scale idle network that must keep idling 24/7. The IPO should be any day now. But I needz big expensive servers for that, heh.

• @willie said:

WSS said: Small projects, sure.

Not for me then. I'm setting up a web-scale idle network that must keep idling 24/7. The IPO should be any day now. But I needz big expensive servers for that, heh.

I'm strongly considering that SpeedyKVM DAL-0 for $1-$1.50/mo to setup as an OVPN base and connect everything together through that to run distcc compiles.

• WSS said: distcc compiles.

Interesting. I've never used distcc. I wanted to some time back, but with today's fast machines I haven't felt I needed it. The biggest compile I've done recently was gcc 7.2 which takes about 1/2 hour on an i7-3770 (make -j4). The biggest I do with any regularity is ffmpeg which is about 3 minutes. I could imagine wanting distcc if I did big compilations like gcc more often. I've been interested in compiling it on a big dedi (E5-2670 or whatever) just to see how much differences it makes.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@null_ptr, if 256MB DDR4 RAM is fine with you, here are some deals from us:

Plan: VMH-256MB  
      1x CPU Core E3-1270v6 (Shared)  
      256MB DDR4 RAM
      5GB NVMe Disk Space
      1TB Bandwidth
      1Gbps Port
      Anti DDoS Included
      1x IPv4
      1x IPv6
      1 x Automated Backup Slot (Daily)
      Bonsai Control Panel
    Price: $15 / Year 

Thanks!

Thanked by 1null_ptr
  • Thanks everyone for chipping in.

I ended up deciding between @AlexBarakov AlphaVPS, @AnthonySmith InceptionHosting, @vmhaus. They all seem like a very reliable choice.

Dedicenter looked a little bit risky.

Since AlphaVPS was the one which was the closest to my description, I decided to try it first, and it turned out this BF offer was still valid (thanks @bersy).

Few bucks over the budget (~$18), but it's Clouvider's UK location, so it should be solid.

• Come up with another few bills, and get one from both @AnthonySmith, and @vmhaus. You won't be disappointed with your small network!

Thanked by 1vmhaus