Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated servers in China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated servers in China

Hi guys,

My budget is around 300 USD/month. What is the best option I can get?

I need a dedicated server in China, or has a good connection to Mainland China. The server also needs to have good connection to France/US.

Thanks.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

My understanding is that you need some sort of license for every website hosted within China.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICP_license @Clouvider

You could either go for something West Coast US with good connectivity to China and US or something in Russia/Ukraine/Turkey with good connectivity to EU and China.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Well the OP did not mention anything about hosting websites.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • You can choose about Chinatelecom CN2 line VPS or HongKong VPS

• SeniorSenior Member
    edited December 2017

China - > CN2 Shenzheng -> France/US (50~100ms),

HongKong -> France/US (50~80ms),

China - > HongKong (40~120MS)

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @Clouvider said:
    My understanding is that you need some sort of license for every website hosted within China.

Hi, I only need it to set up some sort of reverse proxy.

edited December 2017

Not an expert. Just sharing my (very) limited knowledge on the matter.

I know @Onapp_Terry does CDN there, which technically is 'sort of reverse proxy' and an ICP license is required to use this PoP - maybe Terry can recommend someone ?

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited December 2017

We utilize Habangnet for our Chinese capacity. You will need an ICP license, which you can obtain through Habangnet. It is much easier if you're located within China, but it can still be obtained by foreigners. Otherwise, it is relatively basic to obtain, assuming you do not violate any of the policies in place by the Chinese authorities.

Thanked by 2Clouvider comXyz
  • If the user-facing end point of any resolvable domain locates with in mainland China, you need to have an ICP license for it. On link level requests with an unlicensed domain in header are not allowed to be successful, and this is enforced by your hosting provider on orders from the "relevant organs".

• @OnApp_Terry omg I checked out Habangnet, and see their servers in China and Hong Kong only have 5 - 10 Mbps bandwidth. I need at least 100Mbps, how much budget do you think I need to prepare?

A lot. China is expensive

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

$300 /month can't get you that much, and anything in China will be crap for USA/EU bandwidth. I may be bias in saying this, but generally speaking, HK is your best bet.

What exactly are you looking for?

$300 /month can get something pretty reasonable, but it depends if hardware or network is more important to you.

We do hosting in HK with decent connectivity to China, Europe and USA. $300 can get you a relatively high end server with pretty low amount of bandwidth (to China), or a pretty low end server with a decent amount of bandwidth (to China). For USA/EU, the price can be pretty cheap.

So question is what are you hardware and transfer requirements?

comXyz said: I need at least 100Mbps, how much budget do you think I need to prepare?

Is that 100Mbit guaranteed/dedicated? If yes, what % is for China?

I assume you don't need a dedicated 100Mbit link, because even if you had no Direct China traffic, the $300 budget would hard to meet.

If you have a $300 budget only for bandwidth (not including the cost of the server, IPs or anything else not strictly bandwidth related) then you would at best get around 2-3Mbit of China Telecom, 20Mbit bandwidth from a carrier that has direct China routes (HGC/PCCW/Pacnet etc), or 60-100Mbit for a budget carrier that does not include China bandwidth (HE.net/Cogent/Telstra).

So if you need a server as well, it would cost more. Unless it was a very low end server.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • Holy crap. 4 core Xeon, 4GB RAM, 500GB space and 5Mbps for $300 a month. I had no idea China was this expensive.

• tianwmtianwm Member
    edited December 2017

USD 1= RMB 6.7

QBPrg.md.png

QB6yO.md.png

• SeniorSenior Member
    edited December 2017

this is china

BGP VPS 1mb~10mb RMB 50~200 (1vCPU 1Gram)

a true server? look this.

8core 16G ram 24core 32g ram.

about anti ddos. (100GB)

you can use www.baidu.com find more price like this

or

Maybe... you can use www.taobao.com ,find more price > ¥500/month

• 服务器CPU:
    Intel XEON 5630 8核16线程

服务器内存:
    DDR3 ECC 16G

服务器硬盘:
    1个7.2K SATA 3.5" 1T SATA硬盘

服务器主板:
    Intel 5500

服务器机房:
    中讯盛世数据中心

服务器带宽:
    30M独享

服务器IP:
    1个固定独立公网IP

服务器特色:
    支持在线重启、关机、重装操作系统、断电开机等

价 格:
    电信四星级机房原价5999元/年:优惠价仅需:3500元/年

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@zisungen said:

服务器CPU:
    Intel XEON 5630 8核16线程

服务器内存:
    DDR3 ECC 16G

服务器硬盘:
    1个7.2K SATA 3.5" 1T SATA硬盘

服务器主板:
    Intel 5500

服务器机房:
    中讯盛世数据中心

服务器带宽:
    30M独享

服务器IP:
    1个固定独立公网IP

服务器特色:
    支持在线重启、关机、重装操作系统、断电开机等

价 格:
    电信四星级机房原价5999元/年:优惠价仅需:3500元/年

This is an English language Forum by the way. Also, you need a provider tag.

• Can get CN2 VPS in Fujian, China from RMB 699/mo: https://www.cloudiplc.com/cart.php?gid=3

Cheapest spec: 1v CPU, 512M RAM, 10G HDD, 1 IPv4, 50Mb Port, 2TB traffic(in+out) .

• 200Mbps Dedicated Colocation (?) + Free Dell Server in Henan for RMB 17600/biannual

(not sure if i understanded it correctly... google translate it.)

https://www.zzidc.com/dellFree.html

Biannual right

• As far as I know, you can choose server in China Telecom Zhenjiang IDC, 100Mbps about $150

• mint said:
    200Mbps Dedicated Colocation (?) + Free Dell Server in Henan for RMB 17600/biannual

(not sure if i understanded it correctly... google translate it.)

https://www.zzidc.com/dellFree.html

Looks like it's a rent-to-own dedicated server rather than colocation.

• $300.. wow so much money you could buy a whole rack for that price in China.

• @cheapwebdev said:
    $300.. wow so much money you could buy a whole rack for that price in China.

You probably could but I wouldn't expect any bandwidth or power at that price considering how expensive China is.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @IThinkUFailed said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    $300.. wow so much money you could buy a whole rack for that price in China.

You probably could but I wouldn't expect any bandwidth or power at that price considering how expensive China is.

Don't buy your service from a company that speaks english. That is where the real premium comes in.

Thanked by 1mint