Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long before Netcup approves membership?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long before Netcup approves membership?

Just as the title says, I'm wondering how long it takes before I get approved? I wanted to get a piece of their rootservers but I still haven't gotten any approval.

Comments

• If they haven't called you, then you gave invalid information. I was called within hours for validation.

• Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @WSS said:
    If they haven't called you, then you gave invalid information. I was called within hours for validation.

Hmmmm that's weird. I did double check. But anyway, thanks. Know anyone I can contact?

• @jezznar said:

@WSS said:
    If they haven't called you, then you gave invalid information. I was called within hours for validation.

Hmmmm that's weird. I did double check. But anyway, thanks. Know anyone I can contact?

It's 01:20am in Germany, so you're not going to have any luck for at least another 8 hours.

https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/telefonsupport.php

Thanked by 2jezznar Falzo
  • @WSS said:

@jezznar said:

@WSS said:

It's 01:20am in Germany, so you're not going to have any luck for at least another 8 hours.

https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/telefonsupport.php

Alright. Thanks @WSS. Hopefully I'd get a call in their morning.

• I was called next day.

Does phone calling always take place?

Anyone ever activated without calling?

• They were unable to verify my details so had to send them a copy of a utility bill.

• as others already pointed out, it just might depend on the time of your order related to working times in germany. From what I know, they mostly do validation calls for non-german customers so make sure you use a phone number they can reach ;-)
    I honestly can't remember if they called me with my first order, but afaik for german customers they check with public phone registers or something like that...

for contacting them use either their form https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/ or write a mail to mail ( at ) netcup.de

also don't forget about their christmas calendar: https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/ with changing offers each day ;-)

(only available from the german page though)

Thanked by 1jezznar
  • @Falzo said:
    as others already pointed out, it just might depend on the time of your order related to working times in germany. From what I know, they mostly do validation calls for non-german customers so make sure you use a phone number they can reach ;-)
    I honestly can't remember if they called me with my first order, but afaik for german customers they check with public phone registers or something like that...

for contacting them use either their form https://www.netcup.eu/kontakt/ or write a mail to mail ( at ) netcup.de

also don't forget about their christmas calendar: https://www.netcup.de/adventskalender/ with changing offers each day ;-)

(only available from the german page though)

Thanks. I can just run google translate and I can read it :)

I do hope they contact me soon. I'll send them a buzz through that form. Thanks

• it's short after 8am here now, so they probably about to start working through orders that came in at night, at what time did you order?

• @Falzo said:

it's short after 8am here now, so they probably about to start working through orders that came in at night, at what time did you order?

I thinks it's around 18:00 (1:00 here) there in Germany when I ordered.

• @jezznar said:

@Falzo said:

it's short after 8am here now, so they probably about to start working through orders that came in at night, at what time did you order?

oh, probably sales just left the building by then, maybe a bit unlucky.
    give them a bit more time, I guess they're coming through today...

• I got verified DAYS after order. I have given up my order. And then suddenly the letter from netcup comes in.

• @Falzo has to approve you first. Usually got to sleep with him or it is a no go.

Thanked by 3Falzo nhocconan WSS
  • @Falzo said:

@jezznar said:

@Falzo said:

oh, probably sales just left the building by then, maybe a bit unlucky.
    give them a bit more time, I guess they're coming through today...

@yokowasis said:
    I got verified DAYS after order. I have given up my order. And then suddenly the letter from netcup comes in.

@Falzo I hope I won't end up like @yokowasis Crossing my fingers

• Oh, for me, they called and verified my first order after several minutes. So I was lucky here :-) ?

FYI, my first order is around 9 AM German time.

Thanked by 1jezznar
  • @yokowasis said:
    I got verified DAYS after order. I have given up my order. And then suddenly the letter from netcup comes in.

didn't know they really still might use snail mail for verification... ofc that may take some days.
    dude I told you there would have been a faster way for this somewhere between my sheets... :-D

jezznar said: @Falzo I hope I won't end up like @yokowasis Crossing my fingers

I'd hope they just send a letter only if they have no other way to validate (like not reaching your phone) ... while I think they mention letters being an option for verification in their welcome mail, @yokowasis is the first one I know who really got one :-D

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • jezznarjezznar Member
    edited December 2017

@AuroraZ said:
    @Falzo has to approve you first. Usually got to sleep with him or it is a no go.

Oh crap XD

• jezznar said: I'll be needing some lube for that

good boy!

• rick2610rick2610 Member
    edited December 2017

I was called next day.
    Does phone calling always take place?
    Anyone ever activated without calling?

I had my first order a few weeks ago and i was never called or contacted in anyway. They just processed my order within one hour. I signed up with my business mail account and provided a valid EU VATid and my company data.

• @nhocconan said:
    Oh, for me, they called and verified my first order after several minutes. So I was lucky here :-) ?

@nhocconan said:
    Oh, for me, they called and verified my first order after several minutes. So I was lucky here :-) ?

I do hope they got somebody lurking here @ LET lol

Falzo said: snail mail

OMG X_X

• @Falzo said:

jezznar said: I'll be needing some lube for that

good boy!

I guess my edit came in too late rofl

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

good boy!

Lube @Falzo doesn't like nor use lube.

• @AuroraZ said:

@Falzo said:

good boy!

Bloody hell. Literally.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • rick2610 said: valid EU VATid and my company data

which of course makes things a lot easier because your VAT ID can be verified directly with VIES ;-) no need for any further contact anyway..

• @AuroraZ said:

@Falzo said:

good boy!

sssh, don't spoil the surprise... he'll only recognize after being tied up properly...

• @Falzo said:

@AuroraZ said:

@Falzo said:

good boy!

sssh, don't spoil the surprise... he'll only recognize after being tied up properly...

Just figured the ruffies did their job and he would be out like a cat on catnip.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

@yokowasis said:

didn't know they really still might use snail mail for verification... ofc that may take some days.
    dude I told you there would have been a faster way for this somewhere between my sheets... :-D

jezznar said: @Falzo I hope I won't end up like @yokowasis Crossing my fingers

I'd hope they just send a letter only if they have no other way to validate (like not reaching your phone) ... while I think they mention letters being an option for verification in their welcome mail, @yokowasis is the first one I know who really got one :-D

By letter I mean email. I always keep my phone on. In the end they didn't call me.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • yokowasis said: By letter I mean email. I always keep my phone on. In the end they didn't call me.

received an email saying they were not able to reach me and will try to reach me again. D: I want my netcuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp~ Sobs

• Told you @Falzo is the first step.

Thanked by 1Falzo