Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedibox® XC 2016 back in stock (SATA, SSD both)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedibox® XC 2016 back in stock (SATA, SSD both)

SSD / France is already gone but SSD / Netherlands is still there and SATA is available all locations.

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

Intel® C2750 16 GB DDR3 ECC, 1x 1 TB SATA or 1x 250 GB SSD

€15.99 /month
Set-up fees: €20.00

Comments

• Does it let you add another 1TB drive by any chance?

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@6ixth said:
    Does it let you add another 1TB drive by any chance?

no

• It looks like they got rid of the 1gbit RPN that used to be included with the free service level. The XC2016 was interesting in being the only low end online.net server that included this. The rest had 100mbit at best.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Rhys said:

@6ixth said:

no

feelsbadman

• tarasistarasis Member
    edited December 2017

@Rhys said:

@6ixth said:

no

Actually, kind of. On the order form from inside the customer portal, you can add 1TB of network storage (RPN-SAN BASIC 1TB) for €10 a month pre tax. Other options are:

Network-attached Storage

RPN-SAN is a block storage solution, available over iSCSI via RPN network

RPN-SAN BASIC 1TB 9.99 € pre-tax /month 
    SAN-HA 1TB 19.99 € pre-tax /month 
    RPN-SAN HA 256GB SSD 29.99 € pre-tax /month 
    RPN-SAN BASIC 5TB 49.95 € pre-tax /month 
    RPN-SAN HA 512GB SSD 59.95 € pre-tax /month 
    RPN-SAN BASIC 10TB 99.90 € pre-tax /month 
    SAN-HA 5TB 99.95 € pre-tax /month 
    RPN-SAN HA 1TB SSD 119.90 € pre-tax /month 
    SAN-HA 10TB 199.90 € pre-tax /month 

• That said, much as I'd like to move my Dedibox 2015 to a Dedibox 2016 I'd rather not pay the extra 20€ setup fee*. Will hold off till hopefully there is a Dedibox 2017 / 2018

• Had hoped they might not charge it for an existing customer, given they'll get an extra months rent on the existing server while I transfer stuff
  • tarasis said: add 1TB of network storage (RPN-SAN BASIC 1TB)

You need RPN for that, and the XC2016 no longer comes with it unless you get the $35/month add-on service plan.

• It's still showing here: RPN Up to 1 Gbit/s

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

WSS said: It's still showing here: RPN Up to 1 Gbit/s

RPN is available but you have to buy the $35/month business service package to get it, it looks like.

• @willie said:

WSS said: It's still showing here: RPN Up to 1 Gbit/s

RPN is available but you have to buy the $35/month business service package to get it, it looks like.

It shows it as available under the 'configuration' checkbox outside of the business services one. Not a current customer, and not about to blow $40 on a whim.

• so only difference with the special I got is that it has half the ram (8GB) but at 6.99.

Still both are shit compared to that polish i5/i7 dedi and I am still butthurt I didn't get one.

• Nihim said: it has half the ram (8GB) but at 6.99.

and no setup fee.

• I hate the setup fee

• @Nihim said:
    so only difference with the special I got is that it has half the ram (8GB) but at 6.99.

Still both are shit compared to that polish i5/i7 dedi and I am still butthurt I didn't get one.

Because limited ones (7EUR server) don't have any guaranteed bandwidth. XC servers comes with 1Gbps.

• fair enough, for my use case cpu is the annoying factor, BW wise I am ok

• I did cancel a lot of these server this Month probably that why it go restocked.

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:
    I did cancel a lot of these server this Month probably that why it go restocked.

Why did you cancel though?

• @partymonger said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    I did cancel a lot of these server this Month probably that why it go restocked.

Due Intel® C2750
    I did not want to risk for my clients using such dedis as I hear about the CPU issues. so once my clients cancel these servers I just cancel with online.net

• @GalaxyHostPlus said:

@partymonger said:

@GalaxyHostPlus said:

Due Intel® C2750
    I did not want to risk for my clients using such dedis as I hear about the CPU issues. so once my clients cancel these servers I just cancel with online.net

What CPU issues are these?

• partymonger said:

What CPU issues are these?

There's a problem with the C2750 chip failing more frequently than expected. If you run a fleet of 10000s of them like Online does, it can affect your maintenance planning slightly. If you just have one or a few I wouldn't worry about it. In case of a failure, open a ticket just like you would with any other hardware failure. There's some info on the Online user forum and web search should find more quickly.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member
    edited December 2017

Mine had the same issue.
    The offered me the Dedibox XC SATA 2015 at 10.99€ a month.

The specs are:
    Model: SuperMicro® A1SA2-2750F
    CPU: Intel® C2750 (Avoton) 8 cores, 8 threads @2.4 Ghz x64, VT-x, AES-NI
    RAM: 8Go DDR-3 ECC
    Hard disk: 1 TB SATA3
    Equipment Supervision: IPMI
    Connectivity: 1 Gbit/sec
    Internet bandwidth guaranteed: 200 MBit/s
    Datacenter: Datacenter DC2 or Datacenter DC3

Guys, what should I do? Right now I have also a Kimsufi KS-4C (I5 3750S) with 16 Gb RAM with 10.99 euro/month as well.
    For me I would choose the Dedibox for the additional IP.