Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTS: Dual Xeon Server at Nocix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WTS: Dual Xeon Server at Nocix

Hello,

I have had one Supermicro server coloed at Nocix for years, but not having much use of it anymore. It has been serving great and uptime has been very good.

Supermicro 826TQ-R800LPB chassis (12 hotswap, 2x 800W PSU redundant with A+B power)

2x X5460 3.16Ghz
16GB FB-DIMM
LSI 9690SA-8I SAS SATA RAID CARD with BBU
2x Seagate 73GB 15k rpm SAS
8x WD 500GB 7.2k rpm SATA
KVM IPMI

5 Usable IPs, 10TB on 1Gbit port and colo fee is $350 annually with renewal on 2018/01/15.

$175 PayPal only. PM if interested.

Thanks!

Comments

• Wow, that's a fantastic offer, and a very low colo fee for a box that powerful. I better not think about it but someone should grab it, and maybe put in bigger SATA drives to get more storage space.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • I'm intetested and already ahve services at nocix.

Do you know if it's possible to pay colo monthly?

• You might want to open up a billing ticket to them and ask, but $350/yr was heavily discounted so it might be tough to get similar annual pricing with monthly billing.

• I'd absolutely not give them any ideas about changing the colo plan. $350/y is awesome. I don't even see colo services listed at Nocix any more. But at Joe's DC which I think is related, that 2U slot would be $75/mo with 2 amps, plus $15/amp for additional power. I think the box is likely to use more than 2 amps at least some of the time.

• Joe's not related and hasn't been for a long time iirc.

• Do you know if they can provide remote hands to swap drives on it?

• Yes they provide remote hands and last time I used them they didn't charge anything for small and quick stuff like swapping hot swap drives.

• This is incredibly tempting, think they would increase the bandwidth for a similar price?

• Unfortunately Nocix doesn't take new customers anymore and doesn't allow server transfers :(

• Think they might be able to bring it over to Joe's? Are they in the same building or anything like that? I'm just wondering, since I'm successfully resisting buying colo stuff til I get my rental stuff figured out and get more $$$ together.

• @Crab said:
    Unfortunately Nocix doesn't take new customers anymore and doesn't allow server transfers :(

Would they allow a server transfer to a customer already with them?

• @willie said:
    Think they might be able to bring it over to Joe's? Are they in the same building or anything like that? I'm just wondering, since I'm successfully resisting buying colo stuff til I get my rental stuff figured out and get more $$$ together.

They aren't related at all, completely different buildings, a few miles a part from one another.

• Would taking ownership of the account and changing the email/pass be a thing?

• caniac22 said: They aren't related at all, completely different buildings, a few miles a part from one another.

Hmm, wonder if remote hands might be willing to drive it between buildings, for the usual hourly charge plus maybe a little extra.

• There's people who offer remote hands services on WHT because they're near data centers.

• Courier service for just delivering between the two locations would work also.

• Nobody has bought this thing yet? Am I overestimating the value? It seems great. I notice colo at Joe's has gotten a lot more expensive in the past year or so but there must be other cheap colo places, and even after shipping it works out pretty nice.

• I have one question: why so cheap? The chassis itself is worth at least twice the asking price alone.

• @willie said:
    Nobody has bought this thing yet? Am I overestimating the value? It seems great. I notice colo at Joe's has gotten a lot more expensive in the past year or so but there must be other cheap colo places, and even after shipping it works out pretty nice.

Nope it's pretty good value in itself and colo very reasonable for 2U with the power this thing would draw. Great if anyone wants a large amount of storage.

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2017

IThinkUFailed said: Great if anyone wants a large amount of storage.

That's the rub, it's fitted with ~4TB right now which is small to medium for a dedi these days. So it would have to be upgraded with a pile of bigger drives and that drives the cost way up. The hw is still a great deal of course.

• @willie said:

IThinkUFailed said: Great if anyone wants a large amount of storage.

That's the rub, it's fitted with ~4TB right now which is small to medium for a dedi these days. So it would have to be upgraded with a pile of bigger drives and that drives the cost way up. The hw is still a great deal of course.

It probably won't support higher than 4TB/drive and they can be had for <$100/drive on ebay. It's a great investment if people want the storage though.

• @WSS what might your thoughts be on this one?

• Servers go pretty quick on Craigslist, even RTOs from Dacentec go quick. Post a CL ad in Nocix's area after you find out if a third party can come pick up the server from the DC.

• Unfortunately I need to withdraw this as Nocix doesn't allow any server transfers anymore :(

• Are you still willing to sell it? If so, I can pick it up. I’ll be in Kansas City around Christmas. I messaged you, but I don’t think I received a response.

• I am sorry everybody, but I need to withdraw this.

Mods, please close the thread.