Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UltraVPS help - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UltraVPS help

2»

Comments

• @WSS said:
    This is why the GFoC exists.k

Ah, what happened?

• @mksh said:
    Guys... OP is not coming back it seems. He probably filed a paypal dispute by now anyways.

I don't have a paypal dispute. I'm a good buyer.

• @ehab said:
    if he came here for advise then i expect him to at least wait until couple of advises match... if he is in a hurry then no matter what we say won't stop him.

I'm still waiting to be processed. I'm not in a hurry. I'm waiting for the @ultravps reply. I request that the change room is not malicious and should be supported.

• @baifvai0913 said:

@mksh said:
    Guys... OP is not coming back it seems. He probably filed a paypal dispute by now anyways.

Wow, lets say i am positively suprised. This is not how those threads usually go.

@dyu said:
    I'm guessing he ordered a storage vm that is not offered in their lax location.

Outside of this i have no idea why they can't do it but it's not like they have to anyways. Sorry to say that but you should have checked the location while ordering and if they won't do it refund is your best option.

• @Falzo said:
    I guess @UltraVPS would not even fight a dispute but instead refund and be done. there usualy is no point in fighting over 20 bucks from any unsatisfied customer (regardless of stupid reasons) like some providers seem to prefer...

I didn't ask for a refund, but instead asked for a replacement.

• @willie said:
    @UltraVPS if you're reading this, I suggest just refunding immediately with a polite note instead of dealing with the weirdness.

Thank you. I'm just requesting a change of machine room.

• @vpsbuluo said:
    what do you want???

Thank you. I just need to change it to the Los Angeles machine room.

• @baifvai0913 said:

@mksh said:

then you should accept their rule ... no relocation (change room)

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

baifvai0913 said:

We'd call that change of location (to LA). The host has explained they won't make that change, but you can have a refund instead, if you want that.

You can use the refund money to order a VPS in LA, but the black friday sale is over so you would have to pay the regular price. The host is having trouble getting you to understand this, so I suggested just giving the refund without further confusion. Then you could decide what to do next.

• baifvai0913 said: Thank you. I just need to change it to the Los Angeles machine room.

Please stop saying "machine room" since it makes you sound silly. You could say "data center" instead.

Host has already explained, they will not make that change. Lots of us want things that we cannot get. You are now one of us.

Imagine you sell cars. Someone comes to you, chooses a red car and buys it from you. Then later they come back and ask to change it for a blue car instead. You might have to tell them sorry, you cannot change your decision, if you wanted a blue car you should have bought a blue car instead of a red one.

That's the situation you're in now. Host is being very nice by offering to take back your red car and give you a refund. But they will not give you a blue car even though you want one. You should accept the refund and choose more carefully next time.

Thanked by 2Falzo fat27
  • @willie said:

baifvai0913 said:

We'd call that change of location (to LA). The host has explained they won't make that change, but you can have a refund instead, if you want that.

You can use the refund money to order a VPS in LA, but the black friday sale is over so you would have to pay the regular price. The host is having trouble getting you to understand this, so I suggested just giving the refund without further confusion. Then you could decide what to do next.

Thank you for your explanation, this is the first time I met this kind of problem, I bought buyvm hostodo virmach cloudxtiny 123 sys chicagovps etc VPS, customer service is very good, meet this kind of problem, 2 minutes can be solved, but ultravps customer service, really let me down. I just want to wait for @ultravps.

• With that list, you'll have plenty of letdowns in the future.

• wait for what ? mercy ?

c'mon don't be a dick

you want help from us and we suggest take the refund

• @UltraVPS is the technical problem just one of migration (copying the data from one DC to another)? Could you be able to just delete the old VPS and make a new one in LA instead, if baifvai0913 has a good data backup and can restore from it himself?

Thanked by 1fat27
  • @kassle said:
    wait for what ? mercy ?

c'mon don't be a dick

you want help from us and we suggest take the refund

Thank you. I'll apply for a refund.

• @willie said:
    @UltraVPS is the technical problem just one of migration (copying the data from one DC to another)? Could you be able to just delete the old VPS and make a new one in LA instead, if baifvai0913 has a good data backup and can restore from it himself?

I think they just don't do relocations. End of story.

• @Falzo #25 for NetCup to assign a new pwner? What the fuck!? You're their spokesman, too!

• @WSS said:
    @Falzo #25 for NetCup to assign a new pwner? What the fuck!? You're their spokesman, too!

Be secretly owns them and plays a LET junkie for fun and prizes.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @AuroraZ said:

@WSS said:
    @Falzo #25 for NetCup to assign a new pwner? What the fuck!? You're their spokesman, too!

Be secretly owns them and plays a LET junkie for fun and prizes.

That'd be fun :)

@WSS have you send in a ticket? I only found some info in an older wiki entry. It was also about involving paperwork with signatures of both parties, much like ovh requires... most likely not worth to hassle with transfers then.

• @willie said:
    @UltraVPS is the technical problem just one of migration (copying the data from one DC to another)? Could you be able to just delete the old VPS and make a new one in LA instead, if baifvai0913 has a good data backup and can restore from it himself?

That's right, that's all, thank you!

• IBTL

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

As my colleagues already pointed out, we do not have an automated solution for migrating VMs to a different datacenter, and we don't do that manually.

Our approach for situations when a wrong location has been chosen is to cancel the VM and provide a refund. After that a new order can be placed. That's also possible in this case, but since Black Friday offers are not valid anymore, baifvai0913 would need to choose a different plan (or a different host).

Thanked by 2Falzo BBTN
  • @UltraVPS said:
    As my colleagues already pointed out, we do not have an automated solution for migrating VMs to a different datacenter, and we don't do that manually.

Our approach for situations when a wrong location has been chosen is to cancel the VM and provide a refund. After that a new order can be placed. That's also possible in this case, but since Black Friday offers are not valid anymore, baifvai0913 would need to choose a different plan (or a different host).

Or, you could be a sweetie and let him have a transfer at the promotional prices.

• @UltraVPS said:

It's a waste of time.It's a waste of time.It's a waste of time.

• @baifvai0913 said:

@UltraVPS said:

With that attitude yes yes it is. Guys we tried to help, but it looks like we are not needed here.

Thanked by 4mksh webcraft layfon WSS
  • @AuroraZ said:

@baifvai0913 said:

@UltraVPS said:

With that attitude yes yes it is. Guys we tried to help, but it looks like we are not needed here.

Waiting for such a result,save money.

• cancel and take the refund.

cancel and take the refund.

you will not get that cheap BF offer in LA anymore. they made it completely clear from the beginning. that you wish otherwise might be understandable but isn't how it works in real life. there is no obligation to change datacenters per your request, you signed up for a contract in a specific location you choose in the first place.

it's nice if provider are able and willing to do such migrations as service of course, but as said, there isn't an obligation at least in this case. so, for what it's worth: