Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitcoin 10K!!! To expensive for LET?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitcoin 10K!!! To expensive for LET?

Hi all,

Bitcoin just hit 10K! Crazy times and props to all that HODL ;)

Is it now to expensive for LET or is it still too cheap? I think we will see in a near future special LET promos accepting only BTC...

What do you guy's think?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The best, its pulling up Monero also, the stuff I mined is now like 7EUR more worth.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited November 2017

@Neoon said:
    The best, its pulling up Monero also, the stuff I mined is now like 7EUR more worth.

Wish I had done that! Monero, Litecoin, and many others are exploding! Crazy times ;)

• Is this your way of saying you are rich?

@Neoon said:
    @Neoon said:

• Really happy with that. And I'll purchase more hash power on hashflare.

• @Hxxx said:
    Is this your way of saying you are rich?

@Neoon said:
    @Neoon said:

I think @Neoon is just telling how smart he was!

• Am still waiting for the collapse.

@nqservices said:

@Hxxx said:
    Is this your way of saying you are rich?

@Neoon said:
    @Neoon said:

I think @Neoon is just telling how smart he was!

I am mining on my dedis to pay then, I wait usually a while before cashing out, and this time seems to pay off. 7EUR more.

Its nothing to get rich.

• @Neoon said:

I am mining on my dedis to pay then,

Any advise on a coin that can be mined on a server with no GPU and just with a I3 CPU?

@nqservices said:

@Neoon said:

I am mining on my dedis to pay then,

Any advise on a coin that can be mined on a server with no GPU and just with a I3 CPU?

i3 is shit, no advise.

• base64

• I think it will hit 20k soon in March or February :)/

• @WSS said:
    base64

decode and encode

• CPU and GPU manufacturers should stop selling their products and start mining bitcoins! :D

• @bap said:
    CPU and GPU manufacturers should stop selling their products and start mining bitcoins! :D

Too bad no one sold dirt cheap dedis that are under $15/mo that we could mine for profit if we all got massive amounts. Monero works well on CPUs.

• LTC almost hit $100 too

• Apparently not a lot of exchanges allow for big sales($15k at once). Might explain why it's more stable on the downward than upward.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

The theme is everywhere.

I'm here wondering how much really bitcoin millionaires / billionaires and how many people actually lost on the courses?

Purely for statistics.

In Russia, for example, everyone thinks that bitcoin will replace money and that the dollar is a dummy and so on. But the trick is that bitcoin is trading to the dollar.

• sureiam said: Apparently not a lot of exchanges allow for big sales($15k at once). Might explain why it's more stable on the downward than upward.

At least in the US if you have a transaction over $10,000 USD the banks are required to report it to the IRS. So it sounds like now if you are wanting to buy 1 or more bitcoins that you better already have the cash somewhere or be ready to give up your identity as depositing that amount of cash in any bank account will surely require you to report it to the IRS, thus removing the anonymous part of it.

This is also likely why there is the $15K limit you mentioned as more than that can have additional tax implications as well.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• The BTC reminds me so much of Enron

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited November 2017

Vova1234 said: In Russia, for example, everyone thinks that bitcoin will replace money and that the dollar is a dummy and so on. But the trick is that bitcoin is trading to the dollar.

Bullshit, no one thinks so. Yes, there was some hype on Tv related to bitcoin, but nothing more. Everyone right now preparing for massive economy degradation in several times after March 2018.

What about bitcoin, it's a bubble gum, which will stop work in someday and a lot of people will be without any money. Because of the currency NOT USABLE at all, you can't buy food for it, you can't exchange it for any goods except for goods between geeks. There are still no ways how to easy to buy, or how easy to sell. There are a lot of issues with transactions fees which make impossible transactions. There a lot of fake sites and hacks, and a lot of exchanges which stopping to work with billions of dollars on user accounts. There are hundreds of ICO opened last month. The situation is the same as with dotcoms.

This is very big and very dangerous like a Russian roulette system, which has tons of disadvantages.

The only thing which can make some trust in crypto-currencies is recognition at the state level as an alternative to currency and active use and influence, as well as a gradual transition to the use of cryptocurrency.

In a situation when a lot of business does not even can to accept credit cards and only cash, and a lot of towns does not even have stable internet, and billions of people can't get a smartphone, the system will not work.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

desperand said: Everyone right now preparing for massive economy degradation in several times after March 2018.

any reasons ? would love to know

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Edmond said:

@bap said:
    CPU and GPU manufacturers should stop selling their products and start mining bitcoins! :D

Too bad no one sold dirt cheap dedis that are under $15/mo that we could mine for profit if we all got massive amounts. Monero works well on CPUs.

You don’t mine for immediate profit, same as you don’t buy stock for immediate profit. You buy it and hope it will raise and you’ll win.

Else why would I selll you a server for cheaper I could mine on my own ?

Thanked by 1vanhels
  • @desperand said:

In a situation when a lot of business does not even can to accept credit cards and only cash, and a lot of towns does not even have stable internet, and billions of people can't get a smartphone, the system will not work.

So internet, smartphones, electricity clean water etc are bubbles as well?? Those aren't available for a lot of people either...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What a crazy, crazy bubble. I feel bad for the folks who are buying into bitcoin at these levels.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Clouvider said: You don’t mine for immediate profit, same as you don’t buy stock for immediate profit. You buy it and hope it will raise and you’ll win.

You buy stock at a much cheaper price than it's intrinsic value. Eventually, the market will correct and price will follow the value.

• jbiloh said: What a crazy, crazy bubble. I feel bad for the folks who are buying into bitcoin at these levels.

But it will go to 1 million by 2020 somethng right?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

If anyone wants to buy BTC, XMR, or GRC (at current market rate) in exchange for PayPal, let me know as I need to offload some. Selling all three, up to $100 per transaction -- you cover the network fee (~$3-4) and PayPal fees (via family+friends payment).

I've sold to several LET members (ranging from $10-$100/sale) without any issues if you'd like someone to vouch.

• xaoc said: So internet, smartphones, electricity clean water etc are bubbles as well?? Those aren't available for a lot of people either...

No, these products are result of someone's works. And dollars, euros and anything else is equivalent to the work what has been done for producing a product. Money is an instrument of exchanging goods between people in all world.

I can take 100$ in my wallet and go to any shop and buy some goods which someone produces and for his work got some salary in some money currency too. Where is the bitcoins in this chain?

My main idea what I wish to explain, that cryptocurrency can be some sort of money (to exchange products) but for this need infrastructure.

Is any cryptocurrency has infrastructure? Has something behind it? Or just living on hype and speculations and on news from different announces that in some country authorized to use bitcoins or delivered new exchange machines?

Bitcoin produces mostly nothing. Except for some geek stuff you can't buy anything. You can't even rent a car and pay via bitcoins, you can't even pay bills via bitcoins, you can't do anything, you can only grab some amount of cryptocurrency and say "this is a money and I sell it for real money" and support that hype to make more people involved in the process. But again, if people will come, will they make any infrastructure? No, they will not. Only one thing what people doing is buying/selling bitcoins and waiting for hype. They do not invest bitcoins anywhere. There are even no easy ways to buy bitcoins. There are a lot of fraud and scam around.

You can check my words by yourself, that before the death of this hype you will see a lot of exchanges closed or which leave the scene and no answer at all. You will see tons of exchanges which will stop to exchange bitcoins for the money. Because real money and infrastructure created by money behind it. At the same time behind cryptocurrency no idea at all, maximum is calculations of things what is not need to anyone which impossible to exchange.

Just few important things what everyone must to know:

I do not want to persuade anyone, please stay with your opinions. And I'm not trying to force my own opinion, I just want to warn you that it's very dangerous. If you can withdraw money in time, you will earn very good amount of real money.

And yes, even of collapse, the bitcoins and cryptocurrency will NEVER leave us again, just will be started a process to build an infrastructure, and at this time after hype & collapse i planning to invest real money to it, because i'm sure that when will be started created infrastructure then we can expect some stability behind.

Thanked by 2vanhels yomero
  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited November 2017

@desperand said:

Bitcoin produces mostly nothing. Except for some geek stuff you can't buy anything. You can't even rent a car and pay via bitcoins, you can't even pay bills via bitcoins, you can't do anything, you can only grab some amount of cryptocurrency and say "this is a money and I sell it for real money" and support that hype to make more people involved in the process.

>

Wrong! Do your research. Many websites, services, stores, etc already accept Crypto. Also if they don't you just simple exchange Bitcoin to USD or EUR! In Asia its where its more avanced in terms of markets available. Bust just a few examples bellow:

Legal in Japan:
    https://www.coindesk.com/japan-bitcoin-law-effect-tomorrow/

Book your Flight/Holidays at Expedia using Bitcoin:
    https://www.expedia.com/Checkout/BitcoinTermsAndConditions

Buy any product listed on Amazon at -15% discount:
    https://purse.io/

And many more (Newegg, Overstock, etc..):
    https://www.lifewire.com/big-sites-that-accept-bitcoin-payments-3485965

The problem is that as for now, almost anyone that has Crypto does not want to spend it!

• It's coming down and taking all the other cryptos down too...