Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

@goexodus said: you megalomaniac arrogant wanna be

Whilst I am not condoning this I like it enough to store it for future use :P

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

@Patrick said: Oh look, from January:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130116063741/http://stormvz.com/terms.html

Your inability to read confuses me, made it in bold just in case.

Yes sure ... you can move the servers at your laundry room and if customers complain you will terminate their accounts and steal their outstanding balance and money at your own discretion.

I totally agree ... great business model ...

You never told us whether you managed to chargeback the 500 pounds from RapidSwitch. But i guess screwing your vendors apart from your customers is another story. Maybe you should read your contracts terms and conditions as it involves more than 7$ and thus makes more sense.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@goexodus said: Yes sure ... you can move the servers at your laundry room and if customers complain you will terminate their accounts and steal their outstanding balance and money at your own discretion.

I totally agree ... great business model ...

When you already submitted cancellation request for the UK VPSs. We were offering pro-rata credit for the days unused before/during DDoS so would have been 20 days with the 2 VPSs if you requested it.

Instead you decided to chargeback(which is fraud itself as per PP TOS) on even your active VPS without a cancellation request which resulted in account closure as the terms state.

I don't see in anyones right mind why someone would you refund you the outstanding credit after SEVERAL chargebacks and winning 2 but you lost the credit one and then you still had the balls to ask for a refund?

• marcmmarcm Member

@Patrick - We recently rebranded to Phoenix VPS. I wish you the best of luck with Iniz, however I must admit that I like StormVZ better, it was descriptive. Of course, if you plan on expanding your services then Iniz is most likely a better choice :-)

• I agree with @marcm 100%.

I liked StormVZ until the damn attacks in the UK started.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@marcm said: @Patrick - We recently rebranded to Phoenix VPS. I wish you the best of luck with Iniz, however I must admit that I like StormVZ better, it was descriptive. Of course, if you plan on expanding your services then Iniz is most likely a better choice :-)

Cheers Marc, best of luck to you with Phoenix as well!

@pubcrawler said: I liked StormVZ until the damn attacks in the UK started.

Yeah hard times though we got over it, most of the clients are still on board from UK in fact 3 nodes worth so we're all good :) Apart from some firmware issues on a node in NL which has been updated everything is good!

• I like the name!

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

@Patrick said: which is fraud itself as per PP TOS)

Why dont you call your lawyer and sue me joker :)

• Everytime a host changes their plans again, or rebrands a ServerBear cries.

• marcmmarcm Member

@serverbear - We rebranded to Phoenix VPS and lowered prices across the board. I need to send you a new logo or you can grab the one here: http://www.phoenixvps.com/logos/phoenix-vps.png

In case you want to update serverbear.com of course :-)

Thank you,
    Marc

• serverbearserverbear Member
    edited April 2013

@marcm said: We rebranded to Phoenix VPS

:'(

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited April 2013

@serverbear - Every time I said to a customer on the phone "Hello, VPS Node Box, how may I help you today?" it was ringing in my ears how wrong it sounded. And that logo with a red box with an "L" from Linux in it... ugh. I'm happy with the new name. I wanted it back when I came up with VPS Node Box, however it wasn't available at the time.

• I personally would not change because the word 'Storm' is trademarked. The word entrepreneur is also trademarked and there has been many legal disputes. I do have to laugh that people think they can trademark a single dictionary word and then force anyone using that word to cease trading.

• marcmmarcm Member

@VPSCorner said: I personally would not change because the word 'Storm' is trademarked. The word entrepreneur is also trademarked and there has been many legal disputes. I do have to laugh that people think they can trademark a single dictionary word and then force anyone using that word to cease trading.

@VPSCorner
    It's harder and harder to find a name that's short, easy to remember and just rolls off the tongue, isn't it? Not to mention being able to register a .com, .net or at least a domain hack with it? Just my 2 cents.

• @marcm Agreed. It is slightly annoying though that these companies are allowed to register such trademarks. Entrepreneur magazine is a prime example. You would think those with plenty of cash that call themselves entrepreneurs such as maybe Richard Branson would challenge such trademarks.

• marcmmarcm Member

@VPSCorner said: @marcm Agreed. It is slightly annoying though that these companies are allowed to register such trademarks. Entrepreneur magazine is a prime example. You would think those with plenty of cash that call themselves entrepreneurs such as maybe Richard Branson would challenge such trademarks.

@VPSCorner - agreed

• Hehe! @serverbear. Work mate, more work

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@serverbear said: Everytime a host changes their plans again, or rebrands a ServerBear cries.

That reminds me...

• LeeLee Veteran

@VPSCorner said: I personally would not change because the word 'Storm' is trademarked.

Is that the reason? If so it's bollocks to be frank, nobody can register a TM or hold copyright over a generic term such as Storm.

You can though hold a mark over a term such as stormweb for example that wuold prevent you using the word "storm" to refer to a hosting product/service and thus prevent the use of stormvz.

That aside iniz is a good name, you can be fairly sure nobody would want to TM that :P

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@W1V_Lee said: Is that the reason? If so it's bollocks to be frank, nobody can register a TM or hold copyright over a generic term such as Storm.

As mentioned previously on the first page, it's not that hard to do if your a big brand. UPS holds the trademark over the term 'brown' for example ;)

• LeeLee Veteran

No they don't I can assure you.

• @W1V_Lee said: No they don't I can assure you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown
    UPS has filed two trademarks on the color brown to prevent other shipping companies (and possibly other companies in general) from using the color if it creates "market confusion."

• LeeLee Veteran

@spencer, indeed but they do not as stated by Patrick have a TM over the word Brown on it's own as that is not possible. They are creating a TM under a particular classification. That does not mean I can't register brownvps.com unless someone is holding a TM under class 38, possibly 42.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@W1V_Lee said: @spencer, indeed but they do not as stated by Patrick have a TM over the word Brown on it's own as that is not possible. They are creating a TM under a particular classification. That does not mean I can't register brownvps.com unless someone is holding a TM under class 38, possibly 42.

Right but you were saying:

@W1V_Lee said: If so it's bollocks to be frank, nobody can register a TM or hold copyright over a generic term such as Storm.

But my point was 'someone' can register TM over a generic term.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited April 2013

Wow, this is fucking bigtime, how the fuck did you publish an announcement at yahoo? :O

• @Simple3x said: Wow, this is fucking bigtime, how the fuck did you publish an announcement at yahoo? :O

You pay PRWeb money.

http://ukservice.prweb.com/pricing/

• @ShardHost thanks for the share! Never knew anything about this until now. In this case, which plan do you think this is on?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@Simple3x said: @ShardHost thanks for the share! Never knew anything about this until now. In this case, which plan do you think this is on?

Advanced with extra priority and additional media digest add on(s).

Also it was a Press Release, if you think it will get you loads of sales then your thinking wrong.

• Ohh i see, goodluck w inviz @patrick

• LeeLee Veteran

@Patrick said: But my point was 'someone' can register TM over a generic term.

UPS do not have a trademark simply over the word "brown" which is what you stated. They have a TM over it's use in a particular way which is very different.

Brown is not a term as you stated above, it is a word. It is therefore the use and placement of the word that can be TM'd within a particular classification that may infringe on someone else.

Another example as I alluded to in another thread:

Liquidweb have a TM over the word "heroic" in relation to their term "Heroic Support", now that TM is registered under classification 38. This means that nobody can use the word heroic in their name which is hosting related or a term that contains the word and refers to hosting in any way.

So heroicvps.com who is advertising here is infringing on their TM. That TM however does not prevent me registering heroicbutchers.com unless someone has that registered under the food classification.

So yeah, the "word" Brown can't be a trademark, however you can trademark it's use in a particular way.