Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best VPN BlackFriday deal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPN BlackFriday deal?

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy an anual package of a good managed VPN provider. Does anyone know a good provider running a BlackFriday deal?

Thanks

Comments

• Do some researcH.... There's 2 other recent threads saying the same thing.

• NordVPN has an offer 99$/3 years, Ivacy VPN has an offer ~50$/3 years. I do not really recommend any others.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

PrivateInternetAccess is $39/year normally, I use it occasionally and speeds are always fast, no connection issues, plenty of locations. It's the only one I've used in years though other than my own.

• Isn't PIA from GB? I imagine the country laws there would make it hard for them to keep up the anonymity promise to their customers. Me, personally I'd go for VPN providers in Panama (NordVPN), Russia (hide.me), Hong Kong (Ivavy) or Swiss (Vypr).

• @Ympker said:
    Isn't PIA from GB? I imagine the country laws there would make it hard for them to keep up the anonymity promise to their customers. Me, personally I'd go for VPN providers in Panama (NordVPN), Russia (hide.me), Hong Kong (Ivavy) or Swiss (Vypr).

PIA is US based I believe. They are operating under London trust media, that's probably why you were thinking they are UK based. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • PUREVPN - 5 years offer

• @Falco33 said:

@Ympker said:
    Isn't PIA from GB? I imagine the country laws there would make it hard for them to keep up the anonymity promise to their customers. Me, personally I'd go for VPN providers in Panama (NordVPN), Russia (hide.me), Hong Kong (Ivavy) or Swiss (Vypr).

PIA is US based I believe. They are operating under London trust media, that's probably why you were thinking they are UK based. :)

US based doesn't make this better though. Usually US is the country you wanna avoid the most when it comes to VPN companies. Check out thatoneprivacysite to learn more :P

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2017

@Oldky said:
    PUREVPN - 5 years offer

I'd stay faar away from Pure. The link below is not the only reason though.
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cyberstalking-suspect-arrested-after-vpn-providers-shared-logs-with-the-fbi/

Often instable, kill switch doesn't work & others. Of course criminals should be get what they deserve but if this was NordVPN there wouldn't be any logs to begin with.

Thanked by 1yakblack
  • @Ympker said:

@Falco33 said:

@Ympker said:

US based doesn't make this better though. Usually US is the country you wanna avoid the most when it comes to VPN companies. Check out thatoneprivacysite to learn more :P

I'm not saying it's better or worse, just letting you know it's US based instead of UK. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falco33 said:

@Ympker said:

@Falco33 said:

@Ympker said:

I'm not saying it's better or worse, just letting you know it's US based instead of UK. :)

No worries I gotcha :)

• Windscribe. Try checkout them..

• @myshahrul said:
    Windscribe. Try checkout them..

I'm pretty sure
    In a former version of their ToS they mentioned they are selling certain usage data/ customer data to third party (companies). Although I can't find it anymore Id not go witj them although the pricing is tasty.

• CyberMonday offer from CentrioHost $12 OPENVPN -- And all other available promotions.

• @MikeA said:
    PrivateInternetAccess is $39/year normally, I use it occasionally and speeds are always fast, no connection issues, plenty of locations. It's the only one I've used in years though other than my own.

Pia is logging... So there is no reason to use it all...

• how about airvpn

https://airvpn.org/plans/ 

they claim neutrality, privacy and anti cencorship
    anyone have experience with them?

• @shell said:
    how about airvpn

https://airvpn.org/plans/ 

they claim neutrality, privacy and anti cencorship
    anyone have experience with them?

There's no such thing.

• nord logging too.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2017

@56gomez said:
    nord logging too.

Any Provider that in any way limits you (be it Device count, bw or w.e.) has to keep at least technical logs. Having a transparent policy of what exactly is being logged rather than promising an almost impossible "no-log"-tag is what makes a good vpn provider. As for NordVPN I do like their approach that they do not log anything more than what they need to enforce the technical limits (device count etc). They also run each server on RAM so there is no data available after a reboot which they could pass on. And the little fragments that might be saved - again - contain no critical data which could in any way identify the Client. Being situated in Panama gives them a sorta "isolation" from being influenced by law agencies.

If you want 0 logs go for Zorro VPN or Perfect Privacy as they keep no activity logs nor impose any limits whatsoever

Thanked by 156gomez
  • @Ympker said:

@myshahrul said:

I'm pretty sure
    In a former version of their ToS they mentioned they are selling certain usage data/ customer data to third party (companies). Although I can't find it anymore Id not go witj them although the pricing is tasty.

Hi, im not sure about selling usage data. do u have any link to this? they have many location in Asia, that why i choice them.

• @myshahrul said:

@Ympker said:

@myshahrul said:

I'm pretty sure

Hi, im not sure about selling usage data. do u have any link to this? they have many location in Asia, that why i choice them.

Unfortunately no, but I am very sure about this. Atleast that Windscribe mentioned sharing Data with third parties in their former ToS can be found at the respective Review at vpn-anbieter-vergleich-test.de . I also read this myself in their old ToS.

About selling data I'm not entirely sure if I read it in their old ToS or somewhere on Reddit.

• From their latest review, i dont see any bad review about them. will try to search more.

tq for information :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Maybe @yegor can answer if he's still active in this forum, otherwise you can check his reddit profile where he is active everyday as I can see https://www.reddit.com/user/o2pb (yegor/o2pb is the founder of windscribe)

• Has anyone here actually used ProtonVPN? or VyprVPN?

• MikeA said: PrivateInternetAccess is $39/year normally

Currently there is a promo:
    https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/ZCash-black-Friday
    $29/1y

• @DarudeSandstorm said:
    Has anyone here actually used ProtonVPN? or VyprVPN?

Vypr has mostly mixed reviews but own all hw and IPs which makes them sorta Premium.
    Not used them though as they also apparently terminated a client for torrenting although they keep no activity logs which is strange in this case.

• Ivacy have 5 years for 60 USD plan https://www.ivacy.com/lifetime-package/

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @maxwell said:

@MikeA said:

Pia is logging... So there is no reason to use it all...

Source? PIA doesn't log and this has even been demonstrated in court.

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • LEDE, OpenVPN, and LES

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

windscribe vpn lifetime subscription with additional 20% off ( use BFRIDAY20):
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/windscribe-vpn

Thanked by 156gomez
  • I use pia as they specifically stated they don't keep logs. I also tried proxy.sh but their servers were slow.