Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StormVZ Rebrand to Iniz

DalCompDalComp Member
edited April 2013 in Providers

Last night I logged into my control panel with StormVZ and found the logo has been changed. See @Patrick's avatar, just with a little difference in color. I was also wondering why there's "iniz" text next to it.

And just now, this press release email answers the question.
link replaced with official press release:
http://news.yahoo.com/stormvz-rebrands-iniz-provides-outstanding-enterprise-vps-hosting-090257507.html

IMO, StormVZ is much more brandable than Iniz.

Comments

• What does iniz mean

• @Spencer said: What does iniz mean

Wondering that too.

• Cute maybe?

• melfymelfy Member

@DalComp said: IMO, StormVZ is much more brandable than Iniz.

Agreed

@DalComp said: I was also wondering why there's "iniz" text next to it.

Long story! :(

• JacobJacob Member

How do I pronounce "iniz"..

• I thought it was going to be WebAgent or WebStuff or Web-something?

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Well googling iniz gave this

iniz.com

Description

An Italian word meaning "to start", similar to "initiate".
    Possible uses

A telecommunications company. A creative agency. A software developer. A resource for business startups.
    Categories

Operations, Marketing, Business, 4-Letter
    Keywords

work, venture, startup, start, initiate, ideas, entrepreneur, creative, begin

• @Jack said: @Damian you mean webphase?

Yeah that.

• in Filipino, Iniz means irritated

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited April 2013

:)

• markmark Member
    edited April 2013

UPS, the UPS brandmark and the color brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.

Apparently every time you open your bowels, you are infringing on UPS's trademark... You can trademark anything, doesn't automatically mean it's enforceable though.

• @mark said: Apparently every time you open your bowels, you are infringing on UPS's trademark

Only if your bowels were having some kind of courier service. I would imagine it would be shitty. (AHAHAHAHAHAA)

• the UPS brandmark and the color brown are trademarks

10 Colors That Might Get You Sued
    http://www.businessinsider.com/colors-that-are-trademarked-2012-9?op=1

• @Damian said: Only if your bowels were having some kind of courier service. I would imagine it would be shitty. (AHAHAHAHAHAA)

It does courier - to the toilet and then the sewage system.

• @superpilesos It like trademark of apple,mango whatever.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

cheap marketing of hide and seek by the master of deception.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@goexodus said: cheap marketing of hide and seek by the master of deception.

Yup, thats why our About page on Iniz will state we were StormVZ, our twitter @stormvz indicates the same.

May be you shouldn't go around signing up to multiple VPSs then request refund without reading the terms. Assuming the picture is you, you should definitely know better on reading the fine print at your age.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

This was a somewhat trademark issue, as of yet we have not received a cease & desist notice however we now a solicitor we work with for the backend of our business and he has been going through the basics checks I had forgotten to do. There is a possibility that we can receive the trademark notice so I'd be more then happy to move before its too late to put that domain down completely.

I'd prefer the trademark issue not be discussed further but a little research and you may find who owns the trademark in question.

@Hassan said: Well googling iniz gave this

iniz.com

Description

An Italian word meaning "to start", similar to "initiate".

Possible uses

A telecommunications company. A creative agency. A software developer. A resource for business startups.

Partially right, but more over from the email:

looking to create a brand name that truly stands out from the competition.

As a result we could have chosen the option to go with the boring SomethingVPS/VZ/VM/Host/Hosting but opted for the unusual domain and a opportunity to establish it and make it worthwhile.

• jhjh Member

I thought StormVZ was a nice name, but Iniz is nice too. Nice website as well.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@jhadley said: I thought StormVZ was a nice name, but Iniz is nice too. Nice website as well.

Indeed it was but Iniz is something short and snappy so hope it goes along way!

Thanks!

On another note, tny.cz link provided by @dalcomp has some survey thing.

Official Press Release:
    http://news.yahoo.com/stormvz-rebrands-iniz-provides-outstanding-enterprise-vps-hosting-090257507.html

• @Patrick said: On another note, tny.cz link provided by @dalcomp has some survey thing.

I don't see it, perhaps country-specific survey or blocked in my browser. Replaced with the official link.

Well, just a matter of time before we get used to "Iniz" ;)

• Cool that you are pushing the new brand with marketing $$$. All the best @Patrick

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@DalComp said: I don't see it, perhaps country-specific survey or blocked in my browser. Replaced with the official link.

Well, just a matter of time before we get used to "Iniz" ;)

Ah right, I'm from UK so I guess they want to pull all the money we brits have with those high paid surveys :P

@peppr said: Cool that you are pushing the new brand with marketing $$$. All the best @Patrick

Thanks!

• @Patrick, all of your plan pages on your site 404 for me.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@titanicsaled said: @Patrick, all of your plan pages on your site 404 for me.

Will be up tomorrow when we officially move :)

• Iniz... Well... ummm, weird forgettable name there.

• bnmklbnmkl Member
    edited April 2013

Yes, it does seem unfortunate.

Especially after @jcaleb mentioned that it means irritated in Filipino.

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited April 2013

@Patrick said: May be you shouldn't go around signing up to multiple VPSs then request refund without reading the terms. Assuming the picture is you, you should definitely know better on reading the fine print at your age.

What are you talking about. Let me guess. You changed your terms again !!!

So now you can officially move your clients to another country and not provide refunds if they want to bail out. Or the terms related to stealing their outstanding prepaid account balance. These are the terms you are referring ?

I cannot wait for your next offer ... you megalomaniac arrogant wanna be ...

PRWEB at yahoo for a part time job and few rental servers :)

• Sniz

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2013

@goexodus said: What are you talking about. Let me guess. You changed your terms again!! :)

So now you can move your clients to another country and not provide refunds if they want to bail out. Or the terms related to stealing their outstanding prepaid account balance. These are the terms you are referring ?

How so? Copied exactly from StormVZ, feel free to view a archived cached page from waybackmachine if there is one.

Oh look, from January:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20130116063741/http://stormvz.com/terms.html

Your inability to read confuses me, made it in bold just in case.

Refunds & Cancellations

All sales at StormVZ are final, at our sole discretion we may offer you a refund if requested within 5 days of activation of your first service only. This refund policy excludes refunds for custom packages created and add ons for example Control Panel licenses or Additional IP’s. If you violate our terms of service refunds are not given under any circumstances. If you open any disputes with any of our payment processors we are allowed to terminate your account without notice, orders marked as “Fraud” by our payment processor(s) will also be automatically be terminated.